“Beautiful location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in San Juan
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Beautiful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here on business during May 2015. Large spacious rooms, with beautiful views of the ocean (request this when you book the room). Comfy beds, though pillows were a little funky. Loved the balcony outside each room. Walls are pretty thin - we were next to a family with young kids and could hear everything! My main criticism is there are few restaurants around, and the ones onsite are VERY pricey! So bring a few granola bars and enjoy!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,045)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I found the Caribe Hilton to be a slightly overpriced, middle-of-the-road beach hotel. The best part about it was its location on San Juan's beautiful coast. However, we found a giant cockroach in our room, told the hotel about it, and they said "sorry" and didn't do anything, or offer extra cleaning or a voucher or anything like that, which I felt was very poor form. I will try another hotel in San Juan next time and suggest doing the same.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The views from the Caribe Hilton are gorgeous. The hotel is situated on the point overlooking the ocean. The rooms needed to be updated. The years of battling storms left the hotel with a damp, worn out feeling. The pool with swim up bar was fantastic, especially with their Pina Colada, which was invented at this hotel. The buffet each morning was great. It's not included with your room ($20/pp) but the food is worth it. I'm sure there are better hotels in San Juan but this was an enjoyable hotel to stay at.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I spent 3 nights here with a few friends during May 2015. The hotel is a real treat, very clean common areas with a nice bar and restaurants in the huge lobby. There are 3 or 4 pools and 2 hot tubs, a swim up bar which is also great. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable.

Starting on day 2 one of the elevators stopped working, there are only 2 elevators in the whole hotel which meant we took 7 flights of stairs (including bringing our luggage down).

The customer service was beyond atrocious. 5 bartenders engaging in conversation then acting all surprised when you actually want to order a drink. The concierge was super disorganized and had a filthy attitude when trying to leave our bags. The pool deck is beautiful, but with only 2 people working the area it took an hour to get drinks. Getting breakfast in the hotel was also a challenge, massive lines outside waiting to get seated only to find out that the breakfast buffet is $25.00 not including coffee or OJ... ouch.

Also, request a room NOT facing the pool. At night the pool deck turns into a concert venue with music blaring into the room until 3am.. the bass alone rattles the windows

We found the prices for everything to be roughly double the normal street price (I get it, its a hotel).

All in all it was a pretty poor stay mainly due to the poor attitude of the people that work there. Lackluster service and no sense of urgency. The hotel really is nice but for the money we paid we wont be going back.

Room Tip: Face away from the pool. Music on deck plays until 3am
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Mililani, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

While most of the reviews I read regarding the Caribe Hilton, prior to my trip to Puerto Rico, described the hotel staff as being rude and unfriendly and initially made me doubt my hotel choice, I am glad I stuck to my guns and maintained my reservation at the Caribe. One, free ‘virgin’ Pina Coladas upon arrival, and they sit fruit soaked water out daily for the guest to partake in. The view from the hotel is nice. I don’t know about everyone else, but the little beach front wasn’t too crowded and my view wasn’t obscured by an overload of passerby’s. The staff at the Caribe was very friendly and helpful when it came to opening up the fitness center earlier than usual on a Saturday (I’m an early bird and I like to hit the gym first thing in the morning), arranging transportation to other locations, ordering drinks by the waterfront after the outdoor bars were closed and general information about the area. All and all, I’d say the staff here at the Caribe were very friendly, and perhaps the people who wrote those reviews were rude and obnoxious as we can sometimes be. My only complaint would be that yes, the property can stand to be updated, and I need more people to dance… All that dance space and no one was dancing, what a shame… For location purposes this hotel is roughly a mile and a half from Old San Juan.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

After reading I swear almost all the reviews on this hotel I was leary it was literally 50/50.. I am so glad we stayed here. We stayed in the Hilton Towers... 16th floor, got an ocean view absolutely gorgeous! The beach was cleaned daily, pool area was well kept. The grounds are very well kept and beautiful. They do charge $75.00 per day deposit which they do not tell you until check in.. The room was very nice, bathroom was huge with a double head shower. Lots of coqui frogs, iguanas and birds. You do get free WIFI as a guest but you have to re enter the password daily- (not a big deal) The only con I had on this trip was the way they do their parking. I stayed 6 days and it got be a bit ridiculous validating a parking ticket each and every time I parked- they should make something with your room key.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Waddell, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I were lucky enough to have had this resort suggested for us by a friend who grew up and lives on the island. we were not disappointed.

The grounds are beautiful, well maintained and clean. The garden area had several different variety of birds,peacocks, turkeys, lizards, and iguanas roaming around for your Photo opportunities.

We had an ocean view on the 7th floor of the garden wing. The room was nice, big , clean and had a very nice view of the ocean , over looking the garden.

Room Tip: we stayed in the Garden wing, 7th floor , hall noises were loud at times
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!