“Puerto Rico Marathon Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$100 Credit and Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Deltona, United States
“Puerto Rico Marathon Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Caribe Hilton was the host hotel for the PR Marathon. Service was excellent, location was appropriate for the race, staff was very friendly, rooms were very clean, and comfortable, the pool and beach areas were amazing. The view was spectacular. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,011)
  • Polish first
Hudson, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stay in Hilton properties between 120-140 nights per year both for business and relaxation, so hopefully my viewpoint can be considered. Any property's value is in the eye of the beholder.

That being said, I have no idea how there can be negative ratings on the Caribe Hilton. The location is fantastic, equidistant from Old San Juan and Condado...where many good restaurants are located.

We had a room in the main tower. Room was clean and updated. Were there a few dings and dents? Of course, but one MUST realize that this property was the first Hilton resort built outside of the US Mainland (and listed on the NRHP), so give it a rest. It's as much of a nostalgic hotel as anything, so anyone coming here must understand the property isn't a brand new build. Enough already.

The staff overall was great. In particular, a special person I would like to mention is Jorge, our breakfast server. I find very, very few people to mention by name in reviews, but Jorge went above and beyond in service, making sure my wife had her fill of vitamin C everyday :<)

The grounds are fantastic. Although this is high time for Spring Break/Cruises, etc, at no time did we ever feel crowded. Plenty of chairs, no need to awake at 6am to claim chairs at the pool or beach.

To be objective, the only reason I can't give a 5 star is that during pool hours, Caribe could stand to have more wait staff. It was a bit tough on occasion to find someone to get drinks. I'd humbly suggest more staff working specific zones to remedy this.

We found food and drink costs to be reasonable (keep in mind it's a resort, people). Frankly, there is a little mini-mart directly across the street where we loaded up on bottled water, beer, snacks, etc. If you plan to stay here for a number of days, do yourself a favor- get off the property and go to Old San Juan for authentic cuisine (Cafe Puerto Rico & El Jabarito are great).

Also, visit El Junque Rainforest (about 45min drive east) in the early morning- rent a car (do not take a tour bus), very easy to do, and go to Loquillo Beach afterward. Lots of local places to eat and shop. Our favorite was Ely's Place, great empanadillas! Also I would suggest visiting the Spanish forts in Old San Juan. Our kids enjoyed exploring them as much as we did.

I give Nelson Torres and the Caribe staff a vote of confidence. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend, well done!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main tower, facing west. The peacocks in the courtyard can be a bit noisy if...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We only stayed one night before our cruise but I was impressed. I was afraid after reading some of the reviews, but I honestly don't know why it got negative reviews. The grounds were beautiful. We had dinner at the Pina Colada Club. I thought it was pretty over priced for the amount of food. Drinks were good but also expensive but I was on vacation so didn't really care. Liquor store across the street was a rip-off....get a taxi and maybe go to Walgreens down the road. Emilio was very nice and made sure we were taken care of. The guys at the outdoor bar by the pool were awesome....wonderful drinks and very strong! The beautiful grounds really made my stay here enjoyable....I would stay here again just for the views. Stayed in the main building, 6th floor with breathtaking ocean views.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, yesterday
Hello! thank you for choosing us for your pre cruise stay we are delighted to hear that you had a great stay and hope you enjoyed your cruise as well!

we hope you visit us again soon.

at your service,

Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I spend a few days at the Hiton Caribe to attend a conference. We certainly would have loved to stay another week and regretted that we had to fly home. The hotel is on a large peace of gardens along the beach, with various opportunities for sport and swimming. The hotel and surroundings are most relaxing and so is the extensive staff. Everybody so friendly. We had a suite with a view at the beautifull surroundings. This is the place to spend a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: A view on the beach
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Hello! thank you for choosing us for your recent vacation and for your kind comments. We hope you had a great stay and look forward to serve you again in the near future!

We are at your service,

Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I only know that his first name was Emilio, and when this story unfolds, he was the interim manager at the Caribe Hilton, Condado Beach, San Juan, Puerto Rico. My husband and I have returned many times over the 10 plus years to this same hotel, because it has the best beach, food, and now, the most professional and genuinely concerned manager, Emilio and his staff. They couldn’t have done more for me. I wanted to thank Emilio, personally; unfortunately, we were not able to cross paths. Shout Out to you, Emilio…. Muchas Gracias.
This is what happened.
Locked in unable to get out of the bathroom due to a malfunctioning lock, for about one hour, I waited. Then the maid finally was able to enter the room and open the door from the outside.
His response after hearing that I was locked in was one of great concern for my well being. His gestures of concern were so appreciated.
Emilio, I hope that I can finally say “Hola”, when my husband and I return, next year, March 2016. I will be dropping by the desk, for sure. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is lovely, the views are exceptional and the staff very friendly and helpful. We had no difficulties finding beach chairs, hammocks and there are many places to sit outside and enjoy a cup of coffee or a drink. The restaurant prices are high, especially breakfast. Convenient to the cruise port. We loved the little hidden garden with the ducks, swans, rooster, turkey and koi. Very peaceful.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the water.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hi! thank you for staying with us and for your comments. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay and appreciate your kind feedback

looking forward to your prompt return

West Dundee, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel is nice enough and in a great location. The cost is quite high even without the $50 resort fee. That's the fee even before you rent anything on the beach. The hotel itself is pretty awesome. Nice cove beach with a breakwall, great views, even a little area where a wild turkey and iguanas roam free (and right up next to you if you choose). If price isn't an option, pick this place every time. Very close to the cruise port as well.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Hello! thank you for choosing the Caribe Hilton as your preferred Hotel in Puerto Rico.

We appreciate your comments. Your feedback is important to us in order to better understand your need and where we can improve.

We hope you visit us again soon

Nelson Torres Hotel Manager

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!