“Poor experience” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
United States
“Poor experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Check in people is one of the worst I've seen along 20+ business traveling experiences. I am a Marriot and iNtercontinental VIP Member. REstaurant people is nice and the others are average. The check in person barely said hello. It seems they are making me a favor. Come on.... be courteous at least.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, yesterday
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that our staff was not more attentive towards you and that they did not provide you the customer service you deserve. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I assure you that it’s contrary to what our customers typically see from us. However, I can very much empathize with your situation and assure you that I have taken your comments and shared it with our management team.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (905)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Excellent people and service. Location I found to be a bit inconvenient but the pool area is gorgeous. Lots of construction right now and my view was of the dirty roof. Meh. Overall a great deal and vacation.

• Stayed November 2014
Thank you for choosing the Caribe Hilton for your recent stay in Puerto Rico.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Your feedback is important to us in order to better understand your need and where we can improve.

We thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your prompt return.

Lexington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was skeptical about coming here after reading some reviews but I knew it was a Hilton so how bad could it be? SOOO glad I decided to come here! The room and pool/beach/grounds are so beautiful and clean! I was blown away. We stayed here for a night after a cruise and I wish we would've stayed here before the cruise too. We arrived at 9am to check in and of course the room wasn't ready that early so they took our bags and gave us a pager, we were able to hang out by the pool until our room was ready. Very nice staff. Can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello! thank you for staying with us and for your comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a great time.

We hope to see you soon again, at your service.

Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I traveled to this destination alone. December 2 - 6. All of the staff was very helpful to me.

I had come here for my birthday. When I met with the concierge on Tuesday night, I said I was looking for plans for the next three days as it was my birthday Thursday. All were helpful in setting up tours for me.

When I went to check on the tour for the day of my birthday to check on my tour, the concierge called the tour group and found out it was cancelled as there were not enough people signed up.

He obviously saw the disappointment on my face as that day was my birthday and I said now what am I going to do. I was also irritated that I was not notified of the cancellation.

He called the tour guide back and explained to him that it was my birthday. He was able to get the tour guide to give me a private tour.

A very nice gesture on both the part of the concierge and the tour guide.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Happy Birthday! thank you for choosing the Caribe Hilton for your birthday vacation.

We appreciate your comments and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time.

Looking forward to welcome you back

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The grounds and the rooms at the Caribe Hilton are absolutely beautiful. We stayed there prior to our cruise departure. Top to bottom the every staff member I dealt with were polite, professional and very helpful. This facility has activities for the entire family. Two adult pools, a private beach, volley ball, play ground for the kids, top notch restaurants, Starbucks, Quiznos, a small wildlife sanctuary and more. The talking parrots near the front desk are hilarious. We had a balcony suite that overlooked the grounds and had a picturesque view off the ocean. We enjoyed every moment of our stay!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Linwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Had stayed in several San Juan hotels, but never the Caribe Hilton. Always thought of it as for old folk. Loved it! Beautiful, refurnished room, great view. Most beautiful beaches and pool. Loved Piña Colada, Morton's, poolside bar, and on. Great service. Will return as soon as possible!

• Stayed November 2014
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

we stayed 5 nights at the hotel during this Thanksgiving. the view is stunning, the facility provides variety activities and places to enjoy and relax---layout Is just beautiful! the staff are super nice. it was over 9pm and the bread for fish feeding was gone, the staff went back to the restaurant to get more bread just for my son! the room is modern and sleek. we enjoyed every moment there. highly recommended.

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view: the blue sky, the green ocean etc..