There isn't too much sea life, so if one is turned out by predatory sea creatures, you're in luck.
That being said...the pool and the outdoor activities close at 9PM. Woah! That is really early for a resort that serves alcohol. I did not like that at all. Doesn't feel very grown up. I always wish there were an adult only section. Who wants to drink around children?
My door didn't lock and supposedly they were sending someone up to fix it, but they came late at night only and didn't return at a reasonable hour. Also, it didn't have a fridge but they remedied that.
The food is really expensive at the restaurants and except for the café at the entrance, it is either of mediocre quality or has really bad reviews. Not much by way of authentic Puerto Rican food at the hotels which is pretty disappointing. I can eat mediocre over-priced Morton's anywhere.
My colleague got a tile-like floor room and I got gross carpet. She could hear her neighbors very well in the garden like section. I had an "ocean-view" of the side area but someone kept smoking on their balcony so I didn't really want to smoke their cigarette (repeatedly).
Had a problem with a meal and the restaurant comp'd it (the one that has the breakfast buffet, not the Italian one) and that was good service. No one served or helped us at that restaurant beyond that. In fact, we sat down for a long time and didn't see the buffet prices--almost paid the crazy rate for that. The weird eggs benedict on bread pudding (basically savory stuffing in this case) was just plain wrong.
Eat at the condido part of town, it's not that far away or old San Juan if you're feeling adventurous or don't mind braving the traffic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribe Hilton hotel, one of the most luxurious hotels in Puerto Rico, is set on an exclusive peninsula, made up of 17 acres of lush tropical gardens. This Puerto Rico Hilton is ideally situated between historic old San Juan and the exciting Condado area, offering a secluded beach, lavish accommodations and amenities tailored to families, couples and business travelers alike. This San Juan hotel is just a 15-minute drive from Luis Munoz Marin Airport and five minutes from San Juan's new Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels and Agoda so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel