“Caribe Hilton is Convenient and Fun” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates From $99
Ranked #15 of 47 hotels in San Juan
NJ
“Caribe Hilton is Convenient and Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a great time here. We were able to take a quick bus to either Condado or Old San Juan just a block away from the hotel. The lagoon like section of ocean on the property made for easy swimming and there are multiple pools! The Starbucs right in the lobby was perfect since we don't eat a huge breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments. It was certainly a pleasure to serve you. We are happy to hear you had a good time.

looking forward to welcome you back

3,669 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (822)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Caribe Hilton and we're sad to say that we were very disappointed. We were sold by their lobby, but their rooms need a little updating. The sliding doors in our room that gave way to our balcony, were broken. The handles were very loose (broken) and it was hard to open the door. One of the days I called the concierge to ask for something and they took two hours to deliver what I had asked for. There were many things that were very disappointing to us. We will not stay at the Caribe Hilton again. Beautiful location and views, but their rooms are very disappointing. Forgot to mention that the a/c in the room isn't really that cool. It's more of a dampy temperature. Not to pleasant when you want to relax.

• Stayed July 2013
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your room condition while you visited us recently. Please accept our apologies. I am sharing your comments with our management and rest assured we are taking corrective actions to prevent future guest from experiencing what you did.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you give us the opportunity of serve you in the near future.

Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had an ocean view room in the main hotel. The pools and beach area are really spectacular. Our room was very clean (great housekeeping staff) and the bed was comfortable. We had room service for breakfast one morning, it was excellent. This hotel is in a good central location on the outskirts of Condado. It is just a short 10 minute walk (very safe at night) into Condado from this hotel. Too far to walk into Old San Juan, but can take a cab for $13-15 each way. This adds up, so if you are going in and out of Old San Juan frequently it may be worth it to rent a car. Hotel bar prices were high, but bartender at Tropical Restaurant was great and food there was good too (Try the fish tacos-amazing).

Room Tip: We were happy in the main hotel with an ocean view room.
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at another hotel in San Juan last year. This year we wanted to experience this hotel. He loved animals and from the reviews I knew he would love the animals in the garden and I love resorts, the beach and the sun, so I knew id enjoy that part of it,

Upon arrival @ 3AM we automatically LOVED how the lobby is outside. Its beautiful and different! The people at the front desk were very helpful. We had some trouble finding our room and someone actually walked us to it.

When we got to our room, it was nice. We had a garden view on the first floor. We walked outside to see what it would look like and it was a nice outside area with a table and chairs but if we walked a little further there wasn't much privacy. We would be walking over to the next rooms outside area if we walked that way. We didn't like that too much. Also there was a lot of rust out on the porch. We didn't feel very happy with it so I called the front desk to ask for a new room at the same rate. Right away they moved us up to the same type of room but on the third floor.

We liked our third floor room. The room itself isn't the most modern looking room BUT its nice, comfortable, and clean, which is basically what we need when we stay somewhere. The bathroom I loved There was a hair dryer which worked great and the pressure in the shower was perfect!!! Also very clean!!

Our central air stopped working midway through our trip which was a little annoying but when I called the front desk they sent someone up. The only thing is the maintenance man was a little rude when he did come up. He knocked on our door and I said "coming" and in Spanish he replied "hurry up". He said it in Spanish so I don't know if he thought I understood but I felt it was very rude. Then I was telling him "I think we turned it off and it just needs to be turned on". He definitely ignored me and continued to do other things. He was able to fix it but I didn't like how he acted when servicing us. At least he got the job done and they helped us right away with our issue.

The garden was BEAUTIFUL!!! So relaxing!!! The animals are beautiful and walk around freely which is wonderful to see! We went out there many times! My boyfriend and I were extremely happy with a garden view room! I wouldn't have thought it would be so beautiful!

The pool area is great! I just loved it! I felt so taken care of with the workers walking around taking orders as I laid in the sun. Caribe Hiltons pina coladas and mojitos are delicious and one of a kind! Extraordinary!!!

The beach area is wonderful!!! There was a choice between chairs with umbrellas and with out umbrellas. Absolutely perfect for me who loves to tan and my boyfriend who doesn't like too much sun!

The gym was very nice!!! I loved having a beautiful view of palm trees and water while working out!!! Great selection of machines and weights! Perfect!

The lobby bar Oasis... I LOVED! The bartenders were so nice and helpful and made excellent drinks! We stopped here many times throughout or trip! It was perfect for morning, afternoon, and night if we didn't want to step off the resort.

This hotel is like its own little town. Although we did take a few trips off of the resort (Old San Juan and Ashford St which are 5 min away in either direction in a cab) we felt that our trip would have been just as great if we stayed on the resort the entire time!!!

The restaurants are great!!! We LOVED pina colada club! And the breakfast buffet at IL Giardino La Trattoria was so tastey! And definitely fairly priced.

After reading the reviews on trip advisor I was a little afraid of the "resort fee". They told me it would be 12% of what we paid and we had a package so I wasn't sure of the exact hotel cost. I thought it would be a couple hundred, but it was not bad and including my few drinks I got throughout my trip it was a little over 100. Not bad at all. I don't know why it was on my mind throughout my trip. Next time it wont be.

I like where the hotel is located. There is a subway and little grocery store on the corner so even if you don't want to eat at the hotel restaurants you can get some stuff and keep it in your fridge.

The shops in the hotel are nice although a little pricey! I did buy a few things in one of them though. They are nice to go in and look around. The store workers were very polite.

All in all, we had a great time, and I definitely would mind visiting this hotel again!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello there! thank you for visiting us and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We would like to apologize for the situation with your room placement upon arrival and for the situation with your A/C. I will share your comments with our Management to take corrective action.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your return!

Morristown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed at the Caribe in the late '80s on business. It has been transformed into a wonderful, relaxing beach property near the heart of Old San Juan. It was a great get away with an outstanding snorkeling experience and great dinners in old San Juan every night. The staff is splendid, helpful and wonderfully friendly. AND I got a Villa room for $142. Best Value ever.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Manalapan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My family and I just completed a 3 nite stay. Although one of the oldest properties in San Juan,
Do not let this deter from selecting this beautiful hotel. The variety and high quality of the dining,
Oversized rooms with spectacular views and one of the best beaches in town is only overshadowed by the warmth and efficiency of the staff throughout.
Rates are competitive and if cruising it is most convenient to either pier.
Lastly nothing beats Morton's for an elegant dining experience.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Union City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I'm not sure why "m0k0" had such a poor experience this week. Yes, there is some construction going on with one of the elevators and yes there is a new Starbucks being constructed near the pool. But I haven't heard one bit of noise coming from the construction. I guess you're damned if you do and damed if you don't. If you want to escape the kiddies then go find a Sandals or Club Med.

The Caribe Hilton is a fantastic hotel to stay at in Puerto Rico. This was a pre-cruise stay and I would cancel the cruise and stay another 7 days if I could (no offense Royal Caribbean). The beach was absolutely fantastic. A nice breeze is with you all day while you relax on the beach under a private umbrella. The Caribe Hilton has one of the finest beaches I've seen on the island. Very different than some of the more public beaches. Take care of the beach attendants and Umberto will set you up with a perfect location for the entire day. Morton's steakhouse is located on the property and has some of the finest steaks you'll ever eat! I also had a great dive with Cade Carter from Aqua Adventures today, an on-site PADI dive shop. Awesome flat water today with great visibility!

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem spacious, comfortable and very clean!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello there! thank you for staying with us and for your comments. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. Hope you had a wonderful cruise as well.

looking forward to your return.

Nelson Torres, Hotel Manager

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!