We selected this hotel resort for its large ocean side pool and private beach. The private beach and pool are great by the way! That being said, we would opt for a different resort if we were to return to Puerto Rico. Here's what you might want to know...
(1) I booked 2 rooms for my family more than 4 months ahead of time and specifically requested adjoining rooms. We were unpleasantly surprised when checking in to learn that our rooms did not adjoin, and the desk clerk literally argued with me that adjoining only means "on the same floor." Even though she was not the sharpest knife in the drawer, worse was that the hotel never tried to move us into adjoining rooms.
(2) The location of the hotel is also not conducive to walking to nearby restaurants and shopping. You have to have a rental car or take a taxi everywhere you go. If you want to be able to walk to restaurants and shopping, I recommend either Isla Verde or Condado -- in that order. There are hotel restaurants, of course, but you pay a premium for even the simplest of meals. Spaghetti with red sauce was $24 for example; and the breakfast buffet was also $24.
(3) Finally, and this was the icing on the cake for us... We observed locals being let into the property through a side gate. The hotel's beach towel exchange didn't verify guest status at any time during our stay, and as a result the locals that were being let in eventually claimed all of the clean towels as well as all of the poolside chairs, and there were no towels or chairs left for the paying guests. We checked in at 3:00 in the afternoon, and there wasn't a towel or chair available for our family. We found this to be unacceptable. Weekdays were better, but the pool was beyond overcrowded for the entirety of the weekend.
Our room was clean and comfortable with a beautiful view, and the pool and private beach were enjoyable during the weekdays, but we'll stay in Isla Verde if we return to Puerto Rico.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribe Hilton hotel, one of the most luxurious hotels in Puerto Rico, is set on an exclusive peninsula, made up of 17 acres of lush tropical gardens. This Puerto Rico Hilton is ideally situated between historic old San Juan and the exciting Condado area, offering a secluded beach, lavish accommodations and amenities tailored to families, couples and business travelers alike. This San Juan hotel is just a 15-minute drive from Luis Munoz Marin Airport and five minutes from San Juan's new Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel