The entire staff is unfailingly courteous, efficient, and helpful. The grounds are scenic and well cared for. There's something for everyone here: a sheltered lagoon for snorkeling, pools, seaside lounging, hammocks stretched between palm trees, sun or shade. I imagine the place could get pretty crowded during certain times, but we try to avoid vacationing during those times and thus had plenty of space.
The workout area is very nice, and you can rent bikes for $15/hr or $25 for the day, although most of the bikes on site require repair. Because all the working bikes were checked out, the attendant called a bike rental shop from town, who delivered a couple bikes within a few minutes for the same price, except for a couple dollars tacked on for picking up the bikes at the end of the day. Bicycling, by the way, is a great way to see Old San Juan.
Yes, the hotel food and drink is expensive--welcome to a Caribbean resort. They serve up tasty meals and good drinks, and they serve with a smile, which is worth a lot to us. Our ocean view was a bit limited, stationed as we were in a far corner of the main hotel, but we could see the Condado lagoon over a stretch of rooftop. Unfortunately, we couldn't hear the ocean waves crash against the shore, which is one of our favorite parts of vacationing near a big pond like the Atlantic. We hail from the mountain west, so it's a treat for us to get the whole ocean experience. Nevertheless, we had a good time because of the great service.
The general atmosphere around the hotel seems a bit more chaotic than the normal resort. I got the feeling a lot of people were there "on business." I have never seen so many people walking around a resort with their faces and fingers attached to their PDAs. Put down the phone; let's see that vacation smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribe Hilton hotel, one of the most luxurious hotels in Puerto Rico, is set on an exclusive peninsula, made up of 17 acres of lush tropical gardens. This Puerto Rico Hilton is ideally situated between historic old San Juan and the exciting Condado area, offering a secluded beach, lavish accommodations and amenities tailored to families, couples and business travelers alike. This San Juan hotel is just a 15-minute drive from Luis Munoz Marin Airport and five minutes from San Juan's new Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel