I have stayed in this hotel many times during the last couple of years while traveling for business (the latest from Dec 5-Dec 11, 2012). The excellent location of the hotel which is central to San Juan Airport, Old San Juan, Isla Verde, Condado, Placita Santurce, financial area, etc makes it very convenient. Although the only place that you can really walk to is Condado, taking a taxi to most of the places I mentioned before, is fairly inexpensive. The property has gone through an extensive renovation and all of the rooms I have ever stayed in, have been really good, contrary to other reviews here. The pools, spa, fitness center, private beach, etc are really good.
Now, let me get to what has made to decide not to stay in this hotel again , despite how much I like the location, facilities, etc. I completly agree with some of the reivew here, which is that management and some staff simply don't care of complaints and comments.
Yes, the restaurants are way overpriced for the quality they serve (with the exception of Morton's) but again, it is up to you not to spend your money there if you dont want to, since a short unexpensive taxi ride will take you almost anywhere where excellent food can be found.
However, I do have a problem when you opt to eat on the premises ad the quality of their waiters is split in half. 50% very friendly and nice and about 50% very rude and who make you believe that they are doing you a big favor by serving you. This is a managment problem whenthey can't have an accross the board good and friendly staff. And yes!! if you get a voucher for breakast it is a big joke.
The check-in/check-out process is very bad as many have said here. Again, depending on what luck may bring you, you may have a friendly person or one like the one I described above. If you have a problem, they will simply ignore you. My company prepays my hotels, including the resort fee ($15/day) and last time I stayed, they charged it to me again and was a real ordeal to get it out, so check your bill carefully.
Again, I am sure that this is a management problem. Leadership in this place is not paying close attention to the way the staff is taking care of their costumers. There is the culture of ignoring the feedback. if thet took the time to listen and respond, they would have a very happy and loyal clientele as the place has alll the potential.
I will have to give this hotel an average rating just because of servie, otherwise, it would be a very good one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribe Hilton hotel, one of the most luxurious hotels in Puerto Rico, is set on an exclusive peninsula, made up of 17 acres of lush tropical gardens. This Puerto Rico Hilton is ideally situated between historic old San Juan and the exciting Condado area, offering a secluded beach, lavish accommodations and amenities tailored to families, couples and business travelers alike. This San Juan hotel is just a 15-minute drive from Luis Munoz Marin Airport and five minutes from San Juan's new Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel