went there this novemebr 19-27.
awesome water 85 everyday. the ocean beach is ideal for chidren. No waves - they've put in a wavebreaker. the building is old but everything is functional. food is awefull in the hotel and pretty much everywhere else on the island. Puerto Rico is not about food, period. At the hotel I bought a mac-donalds type hamburger with fries. No lettuce, no tomato. 12 dollars + 83 cents tax. However, I'm not crazy about eating so I did not care that much. Pools and jacuzzi are WONDERFUL!!! Hammocks are nice, too. Come spring first thing I get a hammock at home. That's how much I liked it. On the island we only went to the old city. $12 one way by cab, we liked it a lot. In old San Juan eat at El Jibarito, the only good food place I know there.
Back to hotel. The tropical garden is heart melting! They've got peacocks, swans black and white, turkey, ducks, geese, chicken, and red carps in the pond. This is truly the garden of Eden.
People at the hotel are nice and cooperative. The day before the departure I was awaked by nasty sounds of a power-hammer at 9 o'clock in the morning. I called reception immediately. They apologized and offered $75 compensation. Not bad, huh? Later that day my brother (staying in a separate room) "remembered" that he was bothered by the noise, too. They gave him $75, too, no questions asked. I say WOW, don't you?
For small needs, go to Pueblo. It's a small supermarket, 10-15 mins away by walking. turn left at Pina Colada and walk along the river bank to save ~5 mins.
Also, near the hotel they have a boulevard type of street, with a huge playground. A nice perk, we loved it.
Oh, about the wi-fi. Expedia says it's extra so I did not take my laptop but when I got there I learnt that they were offering free wi-fi as a special at that time. Call them to see what the specials are before you go.
A movietheater is next to Pueblo. Half the movies are in English.
Ordering drinks at the pool is based on trust. You say your name and room and they add the charge. Yes, people abuse this system. But charges are dropped as soon as tell them that it was not you who ordered the drink(s).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribe Hilton hotel, one of the most luxurious hotels in Puerto Rico, is set on an exclusive peninsula, made up of 17 acres of lush tropical gardens. This Puerto Rico Hilton is ideally situated between historic old San Juan and the exciting Condado area, offering a secluded beach, lavish accommodations and amenities tailored to families, couples and business travelers alike. This San Juan hotel is just a 15-minute drive from Luis Munoz Marin Airport and five minutes from San Juan's new Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Agoda and Hilton Hotels so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel