“Good Hotel for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Night Fall!
Ranked #15 of 47 hotels in San Juan
Ladera Ranch, California
“Good Hotel for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is a good hotel for the money. Great location, near Old San Juan, across the bridge to Cordado area and not far from airport. It has it's private beach and has several pools. I thought service was very good both in the housekeeping dept, security dept.( got locked out of my safe in my room), waiters at the beach & pool and good service in the bar area. Front desk staff was excellent. I had a great view from my room, however, the rooms seem to be old or worn. The baseboards and vents need to be clean. The carpets were stained which is not very appealing. The door jams had been damaged in my room. The bed was marvelous and the decor was somewhat modern. The bathroom was good, clean, tiled and the shower offered lots of room and spray heads. Overall, I would stay there again because of the proximity to everything and the staff was excellent. The retail stores that were there were extremely accommodating. The highlight was having Mortons on property!! Huge plus. Thank you Hilton!!!

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong. They all have some kind of ocean view. I was with a group and we...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind words! It is certainly a pleasure to serve our guest and to guarantee them an excellent experience.

We are glad that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and hope to see you back soon

At your service

3,679 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (826)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was somewhat concerned about booking this place after reading some of the negative reviews about the rooms and customer service. However, I went ahead and booked anyway and couldn't be happier about my choice. The front desk staff was very friendly and the rook was clean and modern (all new fixtures). I only had one problem on my stay but as soon as I notified the manager it was promptly taken care of and they went way beyond what was necessary to correct the issue. I highly recommend this place, great beach, pool, and location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the renovated tower.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, MO, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at the Caribe Hilton for one night after a cruise. I used Hilton Honors points plus a $15 upgrade to get an ocean view room. The room was large with a balcony and a great view down the coast toward the fort. The weather was clear and sunny and the view was really fabulous. The lobby is very tropical and completely open with no doors to walk through. The bar is located off the lobby and is also open on one side with a glass wall looking out toward the pool area and palm tree grove. Really a nice spot! Gigantic air conditioning blowers are located in the planters around the edge that keep the bar area air conditioned. Sitting at the tables along that side became uncomfortable because of the cold air blowing right behind you. But, we moved and the other areas were comfortable. They had happy hour from 4-6. We arrived around 5 and the waiter pointed out that all local rum drinks were like $4, so we had pina coladas and they were fabulous. We sat and enjoyed the drinks and the view. Around 6:10 we wanted another drink, but realized it was past 6. But, the waiter said "don't tell anyone" and he got us another round at happy hour prices. We noticed a band stand at one end of the bar and asked if there were entertainment. He said there was a band at 9. So, we decided to have dinner there and see the band. Well, the band was actually a full Latin orchestra, trumpets, saxes, congas, piano and 3 singers. If you want to have a romantic evening, try dancing by candlelight, with palm trees alit outside and a Latin orchestra playing a ballad with a Latin beat as three singers sing soulfully in Spanish you can't understand. I really felt like I should be wearing a white dinner jacket and Bogart was going to come walking in. It's a rare experience nowadays. The bandleader said the orchestra had been performing there for 50 years. It's a rare gem in the world. I highly recommend it! Thank you Hilton for retaining this bit of charm.

Room Tip: Take the oceanview upgrade. It's worth it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have been a few times on this Hotel while working in San Juan. When possible I take a 1/2 day to enjoy the beach there. It is private, protected against the open ocean and good for snorkeling. You can even do scuba trips if ocean outside is not rough. They provide that on the beach at around US70.

In my view this make this place special compared to El San Juan and Conrad also from Hilton chain.

Rooms in first building are being renovated and have small balcony and ocean view. I was at toom 737 and had a nice view from the small Fort on the brach.

I never had dinner there but San Juan is a place to dinne out.. Had eat small appetizer and was good.

I will return!

• Stayed November 2012
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Caribe Hilton as your preferred hotel while visiting our beautiful Puerto Rico.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property. We hope to see you back in the near future.

We are at your service

Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a wonderful time at the Caribe Hilton in San Juan. We had an ocean view room and it over looked not only the ocean but a fort and the beautiful grounds of the Hilton. We enjoyed the whirlpool and the swim up bar. My husband and I spent an enjoyable hour in a hamock under the palm trees. The bed was very comfortable and not many hotels have showers for two people. We took the bus into old San Juan on two different days 50 cents each way. The valet will give you directions. The clerks Laura (a cute redhead), Katherine, and Johanna (The Dream team) were very helpful. Our flight out of San Juan wasn't until 4 and we were able to get a late check out. Check in isn't until 4 but they will hold your luggage and you can use the pools and beach until your room is ready. When you stay here make sure to go out to the pier after dark and look into the water by the light. There are barracudas in the water with eyes that look like flashlights! There is a pretty reef in this area too. We were only there two nights I would have liked to stay longer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hi there! thank you for your comments and feedback!
we are very happy to see that you had a great time.
Lets cross fingers that your next vacation with us is longer than two days!

we are at your service
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We loved this hotel. Highly recommended for family's! This hotel made our visit to San Juan much more relaxing. The location is very convenient. I enjoyed eating at the Morton's and getting a drink at the bar. The fitness center is very nice. San Juan was such an interesting place to stay with lots of things to do. The hotel was excellent and had lots of authentic restaurants nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I am unsure as to the age of this property but that is no excuse for its current state. I believe this property need a total remodel. Our room was large and comfortable but there was old peeling paint, dirty base boards and when I dropped something and got a glimpse under the bed...... All I can say is that thank goodness we were only staying one night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LGMarcano, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the look and feel of your guest room. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we continually work to improve our on-property experience and as we make plans for future renovations. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you and show you the quality experience you deserve, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Lemuel Gonzalez-Marcano

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!