“San Juan beach hol” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 47 hotels in San Juan
Melbourne, Australia
“San Juan beach hol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

San Juan was such an interesting place to stay with lots of things to do. The hotel was excellent and had lots of authentic restaurants nearby. Services at the hotel itself were excellent and pool area lovely. Also has private beach. Great!

• Stayed September 2012

3,584 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (788)
  • Polish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am a Hilton Honors Gold member so I was extremely disappointed to have to write such a reveiw of a Hilton property. We arrived on Friday afternoon prepared to stay three nights to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We believed the Hilton's website about the beauty, splendor and great service that this hotel offered. The property was dated and dirty. The employees were surly and the area surrounding the hotel was beyond sketchy. The dinner recommendation that the hotel gave us was horrible (the cabbie didn't even know where it was). We had asked for a nice quiet place with Italian food, we got a noisey place with a rude staff and way too many children reunnin around. We stayed Friday night and checked out Saturday morning. With the exception of a very nice bartender in the lobby bar our overall experience was terrible. It has me second guessing my loyalty to Hilton.

Room Tip: Stay at the Ritz in Isla Verde
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking some of your time to share your experience. There is no excuse for the lack of customer service that you experienced. We’ve share this information with all our team and we can assure you that we will take your comments very seriously. Thank you again for your feedback.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here this past September for four nights. The hotel is in between Old San Juan (OSJ) and Condado, so if you want to eat anywhere decent or do anything fun you have to walk ten minutes over the bridge to Condado or take a ten minute bus ride into OSJ. DON'T take a taxi! Way overpriced. The rooms were renovated, but each morning we woke up to drilling and construction. I suggest staying in Condado. In Condado eat at Casa Lola for a swanky meal. In OSJ eat at Caficultura. Be sure to rent a car and drive out to the rainforest (El Yunque) and eat at one at kiosk #2 (forgot the name) in Luquillo beach. We'd come back to PR but we'd book a different hotel.

Baytown
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I might try a different hotel next time. It wasn't top notch. If you haven't ever stayed at a hilton they have really good beds, pillows, blankets. Which the bedding met my expectations. Major down fall to me was they have starbucks on the premises, but they don't allow u to drink it around the pool, no outside food or drinks are allowed, so u have to buy their food which is pricey. And the pool closes at 9 pm every night. The hotel shows minor wear and tare. It is close to OSJ, and beaches, forts, condado but its down a one way street which can be tricky to access.

• Stayed September 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here for business weekend. Not as remembered a decade ago where there was local flavor with live music and a casino. Now Saturday night entertainment is karaoke, so guests have to entertain each other. How cheap, no live music. Food is average and green vegetables are scarce. Confusing breakfast options with those in and not in the "club." Tried both, both mediocre. Guests are "carded" when they want to go to the beach or pool areas, Nice pool bar. Construction will get you up at 7 am on weekdays. Newly remodeled rooms are not maintained well. Not the place to relax if you like to sleep in. TV has a few stations and you get "free" wifi if you rate them a 10. Check-in is long and slow. I've seen better properties. Just OK.

Room Tip: Don't get on the side of the Main Building with the construction and near the elevator, drink ma...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Again, I apologize for the less than satisfying stay, and we want you to know that we will make the necessary changes. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Nelson Torres, Hotel Manager
san francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This review is for my 4 nights (09/20 - 24) stay in room 416.

Unfortunately, this was the hotel that was assigned to me by Priceline, was'nt bad for $90 bucks until I realize that there was a 16% daily resort fee which doesnt include parking. Parking was an additional $16.05 for each day.

I called ahead and asked for a renovated room before I arrived. After my long flight from sfo - jfk - sju, I was exhausted. When we got to the hotel there was a long line for check in and I couldn't understand why there is like 20 people in line and there is only 2 staff at the front checking in people. I ended up waiting in line for half an hour! Karla, the young girl helping me, not only was not smiling at me, she barely looked at me... all she did was talk to the other girl in Spanish the whole time. It seems like i was in the way of her conversation. When we arrived in our room, I got what I didnt expect. The room did not look renovated at all. The marble counter in the bathroom was chipped and they left the pieces on the counter, there were toothpaste stain from prior guest around the sink, the carpet was stained, and the white leather chair in the room had lots of brown and black stains!
We're lucky enough to have things to do each day, so we werent in our room much. I'm sure if I spent more time in the room, I'll find more things wrong.
We never got the bill under the door on the day of check out and had to call down to the front desk to request for it. After receiving the bill, I realize that they overcharged me parking (adding 2 additional days) and had to go downstairs to talk to the front desk. So my advice is to make sure to double check your bill before leaving the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments and feedback.
I would like to apologize to you for the inconveniences you experienced while visiting us. Rest assured that I shared your feedback with each of one of my department directors to talk to our employees and remind all of our high Hilton standards and value.

When our guests leave unsatisfied, that causes a great concern among us. I would like you to give us another opportunity to serve you

at your service
Nelson Torres, Hotel Manager
North Plainfield, Nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for three days.. The view from the lobby of the palm trees blowing in the wind and the waves crashing made you want to throw your luggage into your room and grab a bathing suit! The bars were great and the happy hour with sale drinks and appetizers in the lobby was a great value. Not happy with restaurant. Ordered an Italian dish and had melted styrofoam in the food. I guess it's not made from scratch for $28? We ate at Subway across the street - the kids & hubby were happy!

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!