“Can't wait to return” 5 of 5 stars

Rates From $99
Ranked #15 of 46 hotels in San Juan
“Can't wait to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The Caribe Hilton is now my favorite place to stay in San Juan. My visit in July was absolutely perfect. The desk staff, the waiters, the pool staff and housekeeping were wonderful and extremely accommodating. Our ocean view room was lovely. We were with 5 other guests and they all felt the same way. Our room was recently renovated and the bed was very comfortable. The location is easily walkable to the Condado casinos and for those who enjoy walking, walkable to Old San Juan along the scenic path by the ocean. You haf to bring a good book and nap in a hammock by the beach under a palm tree. The hotel restaurants were awesome. Try the fish tacos at Piña Colada, and the Chicharones de Pollo at the pool bar. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Hello there! thank you for your kind comments and feedback!

I personally love those fish tacos as well and the chicharrones well, those are one of my favorites as well!

We hope that you enjoyed and look forward to welcome you again in the near future!
At your service

3,552 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel was very nice and we had a renovated room, but it was right underneath a room under construction. The jackhammering started about 9 am and lasted until 5 every weekday. When we went to the front desk the second morning to ask about this, the clerk who had assigned us the room acted like she had no idea about the construction, or the hours, or the noise..... which seems a bit unlikely. I think they assign guests that room with no notification hoping they won't notice or at least not complain. Since the hotel wasn't busy, I don't understand why they don't leave the room and those near it, vacant. Would have been nice if the management had at least mentioned the construction and possible noise in case we preferred a different room. That is my usual experience.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for renovated room NOT near the construction
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Your remarks are highly valued. We apologize for the room placement and unquestionably understand your discomfort. There is a very precise structure in order to avoid this kind of inconvenience and it certainly did not work this specific time. Our purpose and commitment is to provide you with impeccable and consistent hospitality and service, therefore I will kindly ask for you to give us a new opportunity to make it right. Thank you and please feel free to contact me at any time, if i may be of assistance.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Maria was the best and will take the time to make your trip one to remember! She is great at what she does and listens to understand exactly what you want! She made the trip one to remember! She has to be the best concierge in San Juan!

• Stayed September 2012
Wow! great comments. thank you for sharing this with us! We have the best team here in the Caribe Hilton always ready to give impeccable service to our guests!

see you soon
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

we got a great deal on flight going to SJ this Aug. knowing that it's the hurricane season, we took our chance anyway. We got there the day after Isaac 'passed', but the tropical storms lingered. which was fine, we stayed at the resort half of the time while we were there - the staff was amazing, the pool was great (yes we went and swam in the rain), and it was still a good place to be at.

The only thing about the hotel was the location - some of the posts here said it's within walking distance to OSJ, but that was hardly the case, we need to take the cab every time we go to SJU, about 12-15 bucks each way so that wasn't too bad. Also, the breakfast you get with hilton gold/diamond was minimal, so we did the upgrade (+ten bucks) to the 'better' breakfast, or you can choose to get a drip coffee and pastry.

Overall, great experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Yes, the rooms are dated. But for an older hotel it was spacious, clean and has breathtaking views of the ocean. I could have done without the constant jackhammering starting at 8 a.m. but I understand that they need to do upkeep and someone has to hear it :). The employees were all gracious and welcoming. Check-in went smoothly other than not getting the room I requested online. They comped a wonderful breakfast at Palmettos for our troubles and moved us the next day. The pools are immaculate as well as the grounds. Just sitting and watching the koi and wildlife outside was so relaxing!!
Concierge was informative and helpful. The bus is right around the corner and down the street. For 50 cents you ride right into Old San Juan, which was beautiful. Take the bus in and buy anything you need at CVS, the package stores across the street from the hotel were outrageous in pricing...nearly four times what we paid in OSJ. There is a very small restaurant next to the package store across the street.Go there for your breakfast and lunch.Great empanadas and Cuban sandwiches. I'll be back to stay at this great hotel...soon I hope!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We've stayed here several times and love it. The views from our rooms have always been spectacular, and the bathrooms in the Tower are amazing...huge shower. It's the only hotel in the area with a private beach, and it's within walking distance of Old San Juan as well as Condado.

Room Tip: Ask for the Tower if you are a Hilton honors member.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
thank you for your comments! It has certainly been a pleasure to have you staying with us.
Indeed as you mention we are the only hotel with a private beach and among lots of other things, out guests love that!

hope to see you again soon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I just returned from a 5-day stay at Caribe Hilton. We were a group of 22 persons and when I arrived for check-in, my reservation was cancelled!!!!, I was so mad at that time!

Found out that whoever enter the reservation in the system, enter my room reservation with the wrong name, so guess what, the real person had two room reservations and cancelled one, before I arrived.... yes mine! I request the same room, but they said that they no longer have my reserved Ocean view Hilton Honor room!, the truth was that they were not helpful enough, no extra mile this time.......Until the manager arrived and I got a handicap room. Not bad, but i did not liked it.
I'm a Hilton Honor member since 2005 and I always get nice rooms, in advance reservations or as requested when I check-in. Anyway, I was so tired, that I had to take it.

My wife arrived later that night and the next morning she went to the front desk where she met the hotel clerk, her name, Johana, and requested to be change to a better and nice room i acailable. Johana was very nice and so helpful that the bad experience I had the day before, was forgotten!

This room was renovated, ocean view and nice! Kudos for Johana! The room was very clean and nice. And the bed, the most comfortable. We loved just wrapping up in the blanket and relaxing.

Room Tip: Request a new renovated room if available...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!