“Best concierge in San Juan” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates From $99
Ranked #15 of 46 hotels in San Juan
“Best concierge in San Juan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Maria was the best and will take the time to make your trip one to remember! She is great at what she does and listens to understand exactly what you want! She made the trip one to remember! She has to be the best concierge in San Juan!

• Stayed September 2012
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Wow! great comments. thank you for sharing this with us! We have the best team here in the Caribe Hilton always ready to give impeccable service to our guests!

see you soon

3,543 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (780)
  • Polish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

we got a great deal on flight going to SJ this Aug. knowing that it's the hurricane season, we took our chance anyway. We got there the day after Isaac 'passed', but the tropical storms lingered. which was fine, we stayed at the resort half of the time while we were there - the staff was amazing, the pool was great (yes we went and swam in the rain), and it was still a good place to be at.

The only thing about the hotel was the location - some of the posts here said it's within walking distance to OSJ, but that was hardly the case, we need to take the cab every time we go to SJU, about 12-15 bucks each way so that wasn't too bad. Also, the breakfast you get with hilton gold/diamond was minimal, so we did the upgrade (+ten bucks) to the 'better' breakfast, or you can choose to get a drip coffee and pastry.

Overall, great experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Yes, the rooms are dated. But for an older hotel it was spacious, clean and has breathtaking views of the ocean. I could have done without the constant jackhammering starting at 8 a.m. but I understand that they need to do upkeep and someone has to hear it :). The employees were all gracious and welcoming. Check-in went smoothly other than not getting the room I requested online. They comped a wonderful breakfast at Palmettos for our troubles and moved us the next day. The pools are immaculate as well as the grounds. Just sitting and watching the koi and wildlife outside was so relaxing!!
Concierge was informative and helpful. The bus is right around the corner and down the street. For 50 cents you ride right into Old San Juan, which was beautiful. Take the bus in and buy anything you need at CVS, the package stores across the street from the hotel were outrageous in pricing...nearly four times what we paid in OSJ. There is a very small restaurant next to the package store across the street.Go there for your breakfast and lunch.Great empanadas and Cuban sandwiches. I'll be back to stay at this great hotel...soon I hope!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We've stayed here several times and love it. The views from our rooms have always been spectacular, and the bathrooms in the Tower are amazing...huge shower. It's the only hotel in the area with a private beach, and it's within walking distance of Old San Juan as well as Condado.

Room Tip: Ask for the Tower if you are a Hilton honors member.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
thank you for your comments! It has certainly been a pleasure to have you staying with us.
Indeed as you mention we are the only hotel with a private beach and among lots of other things, out guests love that!

hope to see you again soon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I just returned from a 5-day stay at Caribe Hilton. We were a group of 22 persons and when I arrived for check-in, my reservation was cancelled!!!!, I was so mad at that time!

Found out that whoever enter the reservation in the system, enter my room reservation with the wrong name, so guess what, the real person had two room reservations and cancelled one, before I arrived.... yes mine! I request the same room, but they said that they no longer have my reserved Ocean view Hilton Honor room!, the truth was that they were not helpful enough, no extra mile this time.......Until the manager arrived and I got a handicap room. Not bad, but i did not liked it.
I'm a Hilton Honor member since 2005 and I always get nice rooms, in advance reservations or as requested when I check-in. Anyway, I was so tired, that I had to take it.

My wife arrived later that night and the next morning she went to the front desk where she met the hotel clerk, her name, Johana, and requested to be change to a better and nice room i acailable. Johana was very nice and so helpful that the bad experience I had the day before, was forgotten!

This room was renovated, ocean view and nice! Kudos for Johana! The room was very clean and nice. And the bed, the most comfortable. We loved just wrapping up in the blanket and relaxing.

Room Tip: Request a new renovated room if available...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The pool and gym were amazing! However the rooms definitely need some renovations. There was dirt and crimps in the floor and trays of food sat outside rooms on my floor for 2 days. The restraints were great and the shops so I would say the only thing needed is some room touch ups and this place would be great!

• Stayed August 2012
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thanks for the review! We are right now on a renovation process; we finished half of the Main Building and the other half is being worked right now!! Thank you again!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I dont write reviews, but this was worth it. This place has a lot going for it, close to Old San Juan. Great location. Staff was pretty good too. I especially loved the hammock area. Rooms were great, but try to get an ocean view with balcony seating, very cool. I was really impressed. Loved it, and I will be back.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your comments! Our hammocks area is the favorite specially for guests that love to read outdoors!

We are very happy to hear that you had a great time. We are here at your service
hope to see you again soon
Nelson Torres, Hotel Manager

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!