“One of our favorite places” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Night Fall!
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
michigan
“One of our favorite places”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We've stayed here several times and love it. The views from our rooms have always been spectacular, and the bathrooms in the Tower are amazing...huge shower. It's the only hotel in the area with a private beach, and it's within walking distance of Old San Juan as well as Condado.

Room Tip: Ask for the Tower if you are a Hilton honors member.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
thank you for your comments! It has certainly been a pleasure to have you staying with us.
Indeed as you mention we are the only hotel with a private beach and among lots of other things, out guests love that!

hope to see you again soon
Nelson Torres, Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (842)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I just returned from a 5-day stay at Caribe Hilton. We were a group of 22 persons and when I arrived for check-in, my reservation was cancelled!!!!, I was so mad at that time!

Found out that whoever enter the reservation in the system, enter my room reservation with the wrong name, so guess what, the real person had two room reservations and cancelled one, before I arrived.... yes mine! I request the same room, but they said that they no longer have my reserved Ocean view Hilton Honor room!, the truth was that they were not helpful enough, no extra mile this time.......Until the manager arrived and I got a handicap room. Not bad, but i did not liked it.
I'm a Hilton Honor member since 2005 and I always get nice rooms, in advance reservations or as requested when I check-in. Anyway, I was so tired, that I had to take it.

My wife arrived later that night and the next morning she went to the front desk where she met the hotel clerk, her name, Johana, and requested to be change to a better and nice room i acailable. Johana was very nice and so helpful that the bad experience I had the day before, was forgotten!

This room was renovated, ocean view and nice! Kudos for Johana! The room was very clean and nice. And the bed, the most comfortable. We loved just wrapping up in the blanket and relaxing.

Room Tip: Request a new renovated room if available...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The pool and gym were amazing! However the rooms definitely need some renovations. There was dirt and crimps in the floor and trays of food sat outside rooms on my floor for 2 days. The restraints were great and the shops so I would say the only thing needed is some room touch ups and this place would be great!

• Stayed August 2012
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thanks for the review! We are right now on a renovation process; we finished half of the Main Building and the other half is being worked right now!! Thank you again!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I dont write reviews, but this was worth it. This place has a lot going for it, close to Old San Juan. Great location. Staff was pretty good too. I especially loved the hammock area. Rooms were great, but try to get an ocean view with balcony seating, very cool. I was really impressed. Loved it, and I will be back.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your comments! Our hammocks area is the favorite specially for guests that love to read outdoors!

We are very happy to hear that you had a great time. We are here at your service
hope to see you again soon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

My fiancee and I just returned from a 6-day stay at Caribe Hilton. After reading the reviews we were hesitant to stay here but we like to form our own opinions, and i was intrigued by the private beach.
The cab from the hotel was $21 plus $1 for each bag we had. We aslo made a stop at walgreens and a gas station, getting things we had forgotten. The cab driver was very nice and helpful.
A couple days before we left i called and requested a renovated room, as i read a couple reviews who said they did the same. The hotel clerk was very helpful and noted it under our reservation.
We were 2nd in line when we got to the lobby and waited no more than 10 minutes to be called next. The mosquitos were out and seemed to be only biting at my ankles so from that day on i made sure to have bugspray on before i left the room. We got a renovated room just like requested with an ocean view which was breathtaking even though it was on the side of the hotel. Which i preferred anyway because we could see into the city and also down the coastline for miles.
The concierge was most helpful in helping us to find restaurants outside the resort. In Old San Juan there was a restaurant we fell in love with called Punto de vista or something similar. Delicious food and great mojitos. A bus ride is 75cents and a cab ride is anywhere from $10-12. We did everything from scooters to paddleboarding and kayaking, all at a good price. We also walked over the bridge where you find the water activities, a dennys, unos, burger king and a couple other familiar places.
We ate at the hotel a couple times. We were aware that it was pretty overpriced so we werent caught off guard with the steep prices. There's happy hour in the main lobby with good pina coladas and mojitos which we went to a couple nights. The breakfast buffet for $25 a person was kind of disappointing. Nothing special. We went to Mortons which was very expensive but we went there knowing that much, as it was his birthday and a celebration. They made it very nice with a personalized menu and a picture of us.
The beach area was beautiful and never crowded. There were plenty of hammocks chairs and any area for lounging. There was also a swimup bar.
There's so much more to write about but All in all we were very happy with the hotel and location. I deffinately plan on returning.

• Stayed September 2012
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Wow! thank you for your kind comments!
we are so happy that you and your fiance had such a great vacation time with us.

You certainly enjoyed your visit to Puerto Rico and the Caribe Hilton and that fills us with joy.

We look forward to your return soon.

Harbor Island, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I've stayed at this property routinely during the past 30 years and it hurts to have to say it has really diminished in all aspects of good hospitality service. In fact, I've finally decided to stop staying here, as have most of my colleagues. I'm a long time Hilton Diamond member, but that doesn't get you any special consideration at this property. The rooms are damp, musty and worn. Elevators are erractic in their operation. Hilton Honors lounges were closed several years ago and have not reopened. Check-in can be a nightmare....very understaffed front desk a peak times. Hot water availability can be a real problem in the Tower building. HVAC systems are not consistently operable in the guest rooms. Hilton Honors complimentary breakfast is second rate & the "waitstaff" has an attitude of "its good enough". They want to charge you extra for scrambled eggs! The clientele is also a different level of guest....I guess they've lowered room rates so low that it is reflected in the type of guests they're attracting. The fitness center is the shining star of this property. It is pleasant, well run by friendly staff and has a great ocean view. Morton's is great, but very pricey. This property does have the nicest grounds of all the SJ hotels, but they don't overcome the hotels operating shortcomings. This place needs a major overhaul of both facilities and management.

Room Tip: If you have a room prefernce, don't request it because this hotel certainly will not be able to...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
I would like to express our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered while in our property. We take appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Brand and would appreciate the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
It is through feedback such as yours that we evaluate our service and processes and continually improve upon them. When we fail to meet the expectations of one of our guests, it causes great concern.

We thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your prompt return.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I went on a last minute trip to Puerto Rico and bid on Priceline.com on a 4 star hotel. Not once did I expect such an AMAZING Resort. I must say ... I did NOT want to leave! It was an amazing stay! Granted, the hotel restaurants were a bit pricey, but what can you expect from a resort?
My favorite was the private beach, we spent majority of our stay trying to figure out if we wanted to be in the pool or the beach. The room was immaculate, the view was impeccable, the staff was nothing but friendly. The sunburn, not so much excitement behind that but what can we expect from the Caribbean sun? On the last night we decided to relax on the hammock & to my surprise, was awoken 2 hours later by rain drops on our faces! Needless to say, this hotel was amazing!

Thank you Caribe Hilton !!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello there! thank you so much for your comments and feedback. We are very glad that you and your boyfriend had such a great time. Our hammocks are the best so relaxing.

We hope to see you guys again soon!

At your service
Nelson Torres, Hotel Manager

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!