“FABULOUS TIME!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“FABULOUS TIME!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

No complaints at all! (I did send an email requesting a renovated room prior to my arrival). We stayed in the garden wing...absolutey beautiful! Awesome staff, from the front desk, to the concierge, to housekeeping. I would definaltey recommend!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
WOW!! That's what we love to hear!! It's great to hear that you had a great time! Thank you for your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (912)
  • Polish first
Barnegat, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I only stay at Hilton Hotels and I have to say that I will not be back. I took my entire family to Puerto Rico during the month of August and stayed a whole week at this hotel. I never complain, but there are some major problems, especially with the hotel room. It was not that clean, the sink leaked, A/C was terrible, shower shut down during the last two days and needed to be fixed. It appears to me that they would make the beds, fill your towels and run to the next room. There was a balcony with a small table and two chairs over looking the ocean, beautiful view. But, they dont clean the area of the balcony or wipe down the table. Also, the floors dont appear to be moped and the rug was dirty for a newer room. The security was lacking in the pool and beach area. I even met some people who came into the resort who were not staying at the hotel. There was no one cleaning up the area of the beach and pool area during the day. There were cups, napkins and other garbage all over the place. I saw employees walk right by this stuff, without cleaning it up. I even picked up garbage because it was an eye sore. They give you a card when you check into the hotel which suppose to be presented when making a purchase for alcohol or food. Well guess what, I was asked twice throughout the entire week. On Saturday, they finally had a security guard at the front of the pool checking for this pass and people were turned way. Alcohol and food was expensive, but that is expected. The Hotel has some restuarants, which are descent. My wife had a massage at the spa on hotel grounds and the "massage" was good. However, the spa was run down inside and smelled like mold. Don't waste your money and go somewhere else. There are no restuarants at a short distance from the hotel, but Subway. But there are two liquor stores. The taxi cabs run about $3.00 a person from the hotel to Old San Juan, plus tip if you want. You can find better restaurants here with better prices. We went to the Barrachina (Old San Juan) on Saturday night and they had Flamingo dancers. The food was great and the show was incredible. They only do it on Friday and Saturday nights (free), and you need a reservation. On a good note,the hotel employees were great. This would include the bus boys, parking attendants, wait staff (especially Arlene in pool area), conceirge (especially Maria C.) and hotel check in employees. I read trip advisor before I went and noticed some of the things which were written about the hotel, Yes, they have made some changes, but a long way to go. If your looking for tours we had a blast on the East Wind Catamaran snorkeling trip. Also, if you want to go ziplining/kayaking/canopy bridge; visit Campo Rico Ziplining Adventure. This tour was fantastic and the guides "Ludgardo" and "Luigi" were awesome. They were professional, friendly and a lot of fun. Again, thanks to both of you!

Room Tip: If your a Hilton Hotel Honors member stay in their separate towers. We asked for an upgrade and got...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your experience while you visited us recently. Please accept our apologies. We are very sorry that you will not consider to visit us again. Feedback like yours help us to take corrective actions to prevent future guest from experiencing what you did.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you give us the opportunity of serve you in the near future.

Nelson Torrres, Hotel Manager
West Sayville, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband & I arrived on july 30 and the 4 days!!!!! we were there our room was never hoovered, and you can expected to wake up to loud construccion noise every morning by 8:00 am, the sand beach is full of cigarrete butts , this was a very expensive mistake in my part , never again!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't go there!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. There is no excuse for the lack of cleanliness and customer service. I will apologize in the name of all our staff. Thank you again for your feedback.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had a wonderful time with our 4-year old. This hotel is great for kids with the beach. They had sand toys to use, towels, lounge chairs, umbrellas, rafts you could rent, (and I think snorkel gear - but we brought our own.) The water is clear, and warm, and the waves are gentle as there is a rock breakwater. There was a school of beautiful fish that people obviously feed as they came right up to us snorkeling. Sparse on shells, but there are rocks. I've been to cleaner beaches, but it was fine for us. There are iquanas, lizards, and a wonderful garden with different birds, swans, ducks, peacocks and a turkey family who just had babies. There are hermit crabs at night, singing coquis, although we never saw one. There is a bird cage in the lobby with two macas and one cockatoo. My husband was here on business, so perhaps that's why we got a renovated room - but it was beautiful and clean and in the main building. It had partial ocean view of Condado and the ocean, and little Fort Geranimo - and the top of the convention center below. We did the Starbucks line in the am for breakfast (15 minutes), ordered lunch through the grill on the beach - pricey, and not fantastic, but kids under 5 eat free - albeit the same nuggets, grilled cheese, etc. One wrap I got had brown lettuce in it. We ate at Lemongrass twice - so pricey, but so delicious and convenient as it is right in the garden and you can listen to the coquis. Pools nice - 3 or 4 - a playground, little basketball court, hammocks, big chess board. There is a place for older kids to play indoors, although we never did that. Salsa music in lobby to late at night. Virgin pina colada was $8.50. (!) We left our door open at night by accident, and security caught it and called us early in the morning. Nothing was taken, we were so grateful they were so alert. There are safes in the rooms. Service was wonderful.

Room Tip: Travel there on business
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We are so please to hear this! We are so happy to know that you and your family had such a great time during your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback.
Cork, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on business recently and was not impressed. The location is wonderful and the beach etc. are great if you are on vacation. For a business trip I want a clean room and fast service. Not here. Housekeeping need a wake up call. In the 5 days I stayed the corridor outside my room was not hoovered at all, my room was given only a cursory clean. The room itself needs maintenance with some fittings coming off the walls and in dire need of a good clean. As others mentioned this is an expensive spot and I expect better.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Hello there, first of all thank you for your feedback on your room condition and cleanliness while you visited us recently. Please accept our apologies. I want you to know that I am sharing your comments with our executive Housekeeper and rest assured we are taking corrective actions to prevent future guest from experiencing what you did.

Nelson Torres, Hotel Manager
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My wife & I were supposed to stay here from July 4 - 7. Well we got in very late on the 3rd and checked in. The room had been recently redone with new carpeting, paint & furniture. It was similar to lipstick on a pig. You could tell the hotel was very old and had not been really renovated. Very loud with lots lf kids. Couldn't get breakfast at 11 am as the restaurant closes at 10:30 and reopens for lunch at noon.
Canelled the rest of my stay and checked in to the Ritz.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We regret that you check out earlier than expected as you were not satisfied with our room product. We would like you to give us another opportunity to serve you.

I invite you to contact me for your next visit and we will show you that you will have a blast!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

at your service
Nelson Torres, Hotel Manager
Arecibo, null, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I would like to recognize the extraordinary and beyond expectations effort Joel Perdomo Torres made to make my mother’s birthday (80 years old) a special and unforgettable one.

My brothers travelled from the US and we met at the Caribe Hilton to give my mother a surprise meeting with her three children. My mother was so happy and she will remember this day forever.

Mr Perdomo was extremely sensitive to our desire for the “surprise” and he really went up and beyond.

Excelente “servicio al cliente”!

We need more people like this in Puerto Rico!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!