“Great trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Rates From $99
Ranked #15 of 47 hotels in San Juan
“Great trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was nice, service great, the staff awesome! I had a wonderful view, my room was nice and clean. I had an awesome view of the pool and the ocean! The hotel had something for everyone, a kids club, fun activities, a swim up bar( very convient). The hammocks gave it a nice touch, it really felt like a vacation even though I was at work.

• Stayed July 2012
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for Caribe Hilton as your “home away from home” during your visit to beautiful Puerto Rico!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property. Hope you had time to enjoy the hotel while working. We hope to see you back in the near future next time on actual vacation time.

3,659 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (820)
  • Polish first
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family, (myself, my husband, kids ages 1 & 4, and my parents) all arrived at the Caribe Hotel around 1 pm. We were told check in time was at 4 but that we could get in earlier. That never happened. Around 4:30 pm we got to our room, but were unable to open it. Maintenance came to fix it while we waited...and waited...and waited with our two young children who were getting very restless by this point. Finally around 6:30 pm I went to the front desk and asked for a different room since after two hours of trying to fix our lock they still had not done so. By this time, the kids as well as myself were cranky and hungry. We were told by the front desk that no other rooms had been cleaned yet, so we would have to continue to wait. By the way, no apologies were made at any time by the desk staff. No offer of an upgrade or decrease in price. Finally, around 9:30 we finally got into our new room. We wasted an entire day at this hotel while our luggage sat at the curb and we tried to find something to do with ourselves and our kids. VERY FRUSTRATING!! Then after all that, the next day we go down to the pools and the kiddie pool smells like urine, has floating white stuff on the top, and is obviously dirty. It stayed that way the entire week we were at the hotel. Not once did it get cleaned. The hot tubs also smelled like urine. I can (almost) understand the kids pool, but the hot tubs? Seriously, clean the pools/hot tubs every once in a while!! But other than the 8 1/2 hour wait to get into our room and the urine smell, it wasn't a bad vacation :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your experience while you visited us recently. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you. We will take actions to correct this matters. Feedback like yours help us to take corrective actions to prevent future guest from experiencing what you did.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you give us the opportunity of serve you in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was my first time in San Juan- I was celebrating my birthday with a friend and informed the hotel (I used to work in hotels and understand) I'm an HH Member and stayed in a Tower Room. As a past employee of another chain, I guess I was hoping for an amenity or something to celebrate with in the room, but nothing. Check in was ok, took some time to find a room, I think she was trying to find one that had a view, which it did, but the room it self needed work, a new paint job, holes in the wall where a picture might have been hung or curtin rods etc..carpet was a little dirty, bedside tables were chipped and worn. The bathroom was nice stone walk in shower with rain shower head and handheld really nice-
Beach was crowed and small, pool area not too bad but needed seperate area for kids or families as some adults just wanted to relax and not be bothered by running wild kids, security came out to pool to warn kids of running and jumping into pool
Food and drink at hotel was OK but exspensive and just not really imaginitive, Breakfast buffet wasn't bad...really no local PR flavor-had to go outside of hotel great place next to the Subway, and went twice there for lunch and dinner-had to spend $12 one way to get to Old town by taxi.
Would think twice about returning actually checked out early and headed to Hilton Ponce

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lexington Park, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Beautiful hotel in San Juan. We had an ocean front room with a private balcony on the 19th floor and it had an amazing view. The staff was friendly and helpful and our room was always clean. The private beach was amazing for snorkeling. The bus stop is nearby so it was convenient to get to Old San Juan. We enjoyed that this hotel was set away from the hustle and bustle of city traffic. We enjoyed our quick walk to Condado. We will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: I recommend an ocean front room in the tall tower.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Carmel, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The Caribe Hilton is Extremely over rated. While the room may have some new decor it is dated and in need of repair. The toilet did not work properly - had to jigle handle to stop constant flow of water. Another drawback was that the vent in the bathroom was not working. The air conditioner is set at 68 degrees and doesn't cool enough. The pool is small and overcrowded with locals especially on weekends. The first night we were there two young women were mugged at the entrance- security was unaware of the two male thugs lurking among the hotel guests until it was too late. Service was poor as well. One day I returned to room to find that I had inadvertently left the "do not disturb" sign on the door and the room was not cleaned. I called housekeeping for clean towels and some shampoo- they never came. During the weekend the hotel was not relaxing. Kids over ran the pool and not one hotel employee stepped in to control the behavior. Called front desk to report teens running in corridors and making excessive noise in the hallways. Once again not one hotel employee responded. I really don't think this is a quality hotel for the money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Caribe Hilton as your “home away from home” during your visit to beautiful Puerto Rico.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property. We appreciate your feedback and will share with our Management, We hope to see you back in the near future.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I travel for a living, so I stay in a different hotel every week for the past 13 years and this one really was one of my favorites. About 50% of the time I am a business traveler and I don't have to worry about my budget and this was one of those times. The room was very comfortable. I was on the top floor so it was very quite as well. The food at the restaurants is good, but not worth the expense. I did pay the $23 for the breakfast buffet one morning, and I can tell you it was not great. I didn't do it again. The hotel does not have a casino, but you can walk to the Conrad which is what we did. I would recommend this hotel more for a business traveler rather than for vacation. We did walk to old San Juan, but it is a pretty long walk. There is a bus stop pretty close to the hotel also. I have stayed here about 3 times over the past year and every time most everyone I met at the hotel was on business. I would not chose it for vacation because there is not really much of a beach right there at the hotel. I was not a big fan of the way the pool are was set up, and it is not really close to the tourist areas. Otherwise, it is a beautiful and comfortable property and would choose for business, but not vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for the upper floors. The view is great and less noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments, your feedback is important to us in order to better understand your need and where we can improve

We thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your prompt return.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Just got back from the Hilton Caribe with a group of girls and the service was the worst service I have ever experience in my entire life. The hotel staff (especially the women) act like they are doing you a favor by checking you in or addressing your questions. We tried to avoid any intereaction with the front desk since they were just plain rude. The concierge guy "Danny" was extremely unprofessional and was not helpful at all. Everytime we had a question it was like pulling teeth to try to get an answer, why is he working as a concierge? I really don't get it. The staff at check in had major attitude problems. Service at the restaurant (which I only ate at once becauese of the experience) was so slow. The one and only person who was the most helpful and fun was the bartender "Jose", but that was about IT. We tried to ignore the attitude issues coming from the staff to enjoy the stay but I can honestly say that I will never go back nor recommend this hotel to anyone. I used to work in a hotel myself and for this reason I typically have a lot of patience but this place is just horrible. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!