“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Rates From $99
Ranked #15 of 46 hotels in San Juan
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Nice hotel, loved the pool and private beach. Wished the beach water was clearer. The service in pool are was great, food and drinks awesome and good price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Caribe Hilton as your “home away from home” during your visit to beautiful Puerto Rico.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while at our property. We hope to see you back in the near future.

Nelson Torres, Hotel Manager

3,551 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I recently stayed at Caribe San Juan after being in Aguadilla for 9 days. I got a great deal on priceline so we decided to stay here. The resort was perfect. I stayed with a large group and we all had an amazing time. I would recommend this hotel for people only passing thru to San Juan for a day or two before the next destination or if they have a layover etc. The rooms were great and clean, the bathrooms in the hotel room were spa quailtiy we stayed in the tower and it was a great view of San Juan. The pool and beach were just amazing and perfect. Clean towels, great lounge and chaise chair to relax. We snorkeled on their beach and saw some amazing fish. The staff was very helpful. Here are some tips; I would definitely priceline this hotel, parking is on the expensive side but still 25.00 for a flat fee is pretty typical for a resort. This hotel is perfect for large groups and people traveling with small childern. Not your typical singles resort so if your looking for that I would stay at the Concha hotel. Otherwise just an amazing stay and did the trick right before we left paradise.

Room Tip: Ask for the tower if you are traveling with teenages but if your traveling with small kids I would g...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for your comments! We are very happy to hear that you had a good time. We hope to see you again soon!

Nelson Torres, Hotel Manager
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

When I checked in, as a Hilton Diamond member, I expect a little faster service. At the front desk, which is somewhat small, there was only one person behind the counter with 4 people in line. There was however another gentleman with a Hiltn name badge on standing on the en doing nothing. Finally was checked in, desk attendant said would have to call to make sure the room was ready, even though it was after 4:30pm when check in was at 3pm. So I parked the car in the garage which is not that convienent to the hotel itself. The room I book was an ocean front, when I got to the room it was on the second floor with only views of the fort and palm tree tops. I called the front desk to advise that this was unacceptable and asked to speak to a manager. The clerk came back on an said she would move me to a junior suite on the 10th floor I another building. When I got to the second room, since I had just flew in on a 4 hour flight decided that this was good enough. The room is spacious but you can tell housekeeping is lacking in the details. During the 5 nights I stayed here, they NEVER vacuumed the floor. I know because there was food crumbs on the floor when I got there an where still there when I checked out. It did have a large balcony, with what I would consider an obstructed ocean view, but faced the lagoon. The grout in the tile throughout the entire room was blac and after the first night of getting black feet decided to wear slippers while walking around. The bed was comfortable and the room had a mini fridge, those were the most positive items I can mention.

Sinced this is a vacation resort, I somewhat expected all this. Some items that were also issues are; the business center closes at 3pm each day so doing any kind of work related issues were useless, the entire property is hard wired internet, no wireless. Also the towels that they provide for beach and poolside were several years beyond their prime. You had to sign for them each day at the Caribe Hilton pool, like who would steal those paperthin peices of sandpaper.

There is also a lot of construction going on in the parking garage, which limits parking spaces. Also if you get a room on the lagoon side, do not leave your door open at night, the lagoon is the flight path for charter airplane sarting as early as 8am.

• Stayed July 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I am not impressed with this hotel. It is more in line with a Motel 6 with the room being run down, and the cleanliness questionable. The sliding glass door on the balcony does not lock and when I reported this to the front desk, there really wasn't any concern. I have stayed in many hotels on business and this is one that I would definitely not recommend. What a disappointment!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Caribe Hilton in July four four days. There is quite a bit of construction happening at the site - near the parking lot, which is away from the main building. We didn't hear much noise where we stayed.

Upon check-in, we were told that our room wasn't ready and that we could enjoy the amenities while we waited. (Check-in is at 4pm and we arrived at 2:15pm.) After about 40 minutes our room was finally ready and we were upgraded to an ocean view room in the main building. Nice room and very modern!

We immediately went to sleep - mattress was wonderful.

The grounds are very pretty, lots of areas where you can just sit and relax and take in the cool ocean breeze. There are numerous pools and jacuzzis to relax and unwind. Room service is pretty pricey. We traveled with a child and requested a glass of warm milk, which was $5 plus $5 delivery fee, plus state tax. A can of soda is $5 - the vending machine is $1.50 but they only sell Coke and Sprite. Hotel restaurants are pricey too! Having traveled to PR quite a number of times, my husband and I know a number of locals spots like Bebos and Bebos cafe. I would also suggest stopping at Walgreens and stocking up on water and juice especially if you are traveling with children. There is a mini refrigerator in the room but no microwave.

There is a Hertz car rental at the resort if you decide to rent a car. We rented a car at the airport and paid $20 for valet parking ($16 for self parking) per day. I suggest that you stick with valet given the garage is a good walk away from the main entrance.

There is a Starbucks on site and seven restaurants. Piña Colada club is the cheapest. Between 5-7pm the bar sells different tapas ranging in price from $3-$9.

If you want to enjoy your time at the pool, arrive early. Chairs fill quickly. There is a hammock section, swim bar, and children's playground with basketball court.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and would come back again!

Overall we enjoyed our time at the Caribe and would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012
Brandon, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had two stays here this month. Both of them were good and relaxing, but the hotel is definitely showing its age. I had not been there since 1995. My first time was at the beginning of June and the second time I was there 6/30-7/2. In my second trip I was given a renovated room. The decor is really sweet looking. Downstairs you will find great ambiance, hammocks, pool bar and a private beach with tanning deck. Everything is 7/10, what brings it down to a 6 for me is the nickel and dime attitude of the staff. I was charged $5 for them bringing a corkscrew the same night I had room service. It was absurd. I spent 2 days @ the San Juan and the difference was night and day. If you get it cheap, this is a good stay mid to high end hotel, otherwise opt for the San Juan Hotel or Ritz. I am a Hilton Diamond member, but that doesn't mean much here.

Room Tip: Get the rooms on the Normandy side closest to the pool and beach area.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Ventura, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great hotel, nice pool, good food and close to Old San Juan. We will be back. They had a problem with elevators but they fix it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!