It's not often I say that a hotel is good for business - and family, yet the Caribe Hilton of San Juan has never disappointed as a good place to stay during business travel and when I have my family with me. The employees of the hotel are all nice and friendly. I would steer clear of the non-hotel owned valet company and park your car yourself; they've dented my rental car on two occasions, are expensive and failed to pay when asked. They also just watch you pull up to the hotel and don't approach your car unless you literally get out and make them notice you. I guess the salary is better than the tips . . .
The hotel has plenty of open space to relax or work - - or just watch the parrots squawk in their outdoor cage. There is a Starbucks in the lobby that opens really, really early in the morning and has great last minute gifts. If you are a Hilton Honors member, you can use your breakfast coupons at the Starbucks vs. cash. The many pool areas are great for kids and adults of all ages and the beach is small enough to enjoy, yet large enough to not be crowded. The rooms are spacious - I recommend staying at one of the Condado Villas or in the Garden Wing of the main hotel if you need extra space or have family with you. Keep the camera near also, there is a great display of peacock, swans, Koi and other wildlife right in the hotel garden area. If you stay in the Villas, avoid the ground level, as workers and people fishing frequent the ally way behind the hotel where there is no barrier between the road and people can look right into your villa room (and see you).
The hotel is about 15 min. ride from the airport and located just a short car ride (maybe 2 miles) to Ole' San Juan area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribe Hilton hotel, one of the most luxurious hotels in Puerto Rico, is set on an exclusive peninsula, made up of 17 acres of lush tropical gardens. This Puerto Rico Hilton is ideally situated between historic old San Juan and the exciting Condado area, offering a secluded beach, lavish accommodations and amenities tailored to families, couples and business travelers alike. This San Juan hotel is just a 15-minute drive from Luis Munoz Marin Airport and five minutes from San Juan's new Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, EasyToBook, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel