“Caribe Hilton” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 46 hotels in San Juan
Vernon, Connecticut
“Caribe Hilton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Excellent hotel......great service and wonderful employees!

3,552 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Polish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

With everyone saying how great the hotel is because of the people I guess I was there the night they were all off.

Check in
They were bombarded when I arrived to check in but it still took them an hour to check in the 5 guests in front of me. This is totally unacceptable. It was so bad I write the hotel to complain to which I did receive an apology letter.

Finding the room
After I finally received my room key I was off to my room. Well little did I know the mumbled directions I was given by the front desk employee were worthless. It was something like go straight, turn right and you'll see a sign turn there and you room is ahead. That would have been sufficient if this place was huge. I ended up going back to the desk to get a map and I was not alone I saw at least 8 other people that were also lost trying to find their rooms.

Room
The room itself was fine. Standard Caribbean decor.

Bathroom
No problems even with hot water in the morning.

There are no close restaurant to walk to so you are stuck at the hotel without taking an expensive cab ride (they are all expensive no matter how close). The food was OK and the beer was cold but it was VERY EXPENSIVE! I ended up paying like $30-35 for 2 beers and fish tacos.

Price
The price was not bad at all but it not really close to Old San Juan so you are going to pay $25 round trip for a cab from the hotel and back. I would rather stay close to Old San Juan and pay more a night.

Overall I was very disappointed with this Hilton. I really got the impression no one really cared and everything was lip service to the tourists.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We stayed for a day at the Caribe Hilton on each side of our cruise. The check in was very easy. Dinner at Morton's was as good as any Morton's I've ever been to. The views from our room were spectacular. I can't imagine staying at another hotel when we return to San Juan.

Poole
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Big hotel right on the waters edge. Pefect for an international conference. The rooms were spacious with great views. Food was good, as was service. Short taxi ride into San Juan for evenings and a bit of sightseeing

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

This was a business trip for a conference and there were several issues that came up in trying to provide excellent accomodations from my clients. Mildred at the front desk really did an excellent job of correcting any issues, satisfying my clients with accomodations. She also did an excellent job of follow up with me letting me know what was happening.

In the Business Center, I had two occasions that required assistance. Lizeth, the attendant in the business center, also did an excellent job and was a terrific assistant.

People make the difference and both these employees are valuable to the resort.

Room Tip: The Villas are great rooms and views, but a long walk. Floors are sometimes slippery when it rains.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

My wife and I arrived a couple hours before the posted check in time, our rooms were ready and registration was smooth. Our room was clean and comfortable.
At the time of our stay, a political convention was going on at the hotel. Even though there were bands playing in the lobby area, our room was quiet and sleeping was undisturbed.
We ate at almost every venue at this hotel. Each time, we were greeted by a friendly host/hostess and the wait staff was very efficient and helpful.
I especially enjoyed the beach and pool areas. They schedule plenty of activities to keep you busy, if that's what you want to do, however, we chose to just take it easy, enjoy the sun and rest.
Thank you Caribe Hilton for making our stay very special

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Boynton Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

We returned to the same hotel where we spent our honeymoon. We received outstanding treatment from the time our cab arrived in their driveway to the time our cab left four days later to return to the airport. The bellhop,the staff at the front desk and at the concierge desk treated us with exceptional courtesy and concern. The front office manager,Ms Judy Merlano was aware that we were celebrating a special anniversary and she made sure that our stay was exceptional from our beautiful room with a balcony overlooking the ocean, to our daily breakfast, to the champagne and fruit platter she sent to us ,to her warm and friendly daily conversations. Ms. Merlano deserves our special cudos.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!