“Great views and nice location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates From $99
Ranked #15 of 46 hotels in San Juan
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Great views and nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several time. We love the location and the things you can do in the area. If you like to go to the old San Juan, the ride is about 5 mins in taxi unless you decide to walk (under a sunny humid day may not be the best idea). Heading to the Condado area, once you get over the bridge (walking distance as well), you can enjoy the restaurants and nice walking path of the Condado area. Some of the rooms will need some improvement but overall the hotel is good. We will stay back at this location on our next visit to PR.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the mian tower if you want to be closer to the hotel ammenities.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thank you for the feedback! We are in fact renovating our Main Building right now!

3,551 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Polish first
ligonier pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Lovely grounds-loved the hammocks under the palm trees. Nice little beach area-rocky, but clear water-you could see tropical fish swimming around you! The largest pool was closed for repairs, but I preferred the beach any way. Our room was nice, but no bath tub, just a large shower. The sign on the door stated that the room rate was $499. Glad we were there for a conference and paid only their special rate. Didn't eat at any of the restaurants-too expensive. We enjoyed feeding the fish from the end of the dock. All in all, we had a good time, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
It's great to hear that you truly enjoyed our resort! The price provided in the room is the maximum price that a guest must pay for that room in particular. We really appreciate your time!
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We had a nice time in the hotel. The pool bar was fun and the service was great. The rooms (in the villa) were clean. We were supposed to have ocean view but didn't. The front desk was minimally helpful in obtaining a wheelchair for my friend. The brunch was overpriced but good. Lunch at the pool bar was average but the wraps at the restuarant in the front (name escaping me) were very good (and cheaper). Good location. Nice beach.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us!
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

"OMG" what a wonderful 5 days and 4 nights at this awesome hotel with my two best girlfriends. We arrived around 6 pm and it was such a easy check-in. We were upgraded to the HH towers and we even got vouchers for complimentary continental breakfast every morning. Wow! the oatmeal was so delicious. Although the following days the oatmeal was warm, I had to asked to reheat it. I upgraded my breakfast a couple of days to eggs, potatoes, bacon, for $6.00 you can't beat that price. We ate at Morton Steakhouse one night, which was OK, had happy hour on other night at Mortons which we loved it was so crowed with "MEN" because of the political event happening at the hotel. Steve at Morton's was very friendly and accomandating. Our last night we ate at the Italian Restaurant excellant food. Johnny and Leo were our waiters so friendly and funny. We met a wonderful couple from New York celebrating their 50th anniversary and have been visiting Caribe Hilton since their honeymoon. They suggested a Rigotti dish with hugh shrimp and we order the spagetti dish, caesar salad, fresh hot bread brought to our table everything was soooo delicious. We had puerto rican coffee (decaf) and coconut flan...OMG this was a dinner we will never forget. We ended our last night drinking mojitos at the Oasis bar and met some "cuties"!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Wonderful! Making special celebrations even bigger is our specialty! Thanks for the support!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I read some of the poor reviews and was a little nervous what to expect, but WOW was I the most pleasantly surprised ever!!! We were given this trip as a second honeymoon and this was the best vacation my husband and I of fourteen years have ever had!!! The resort was the most beautiful, clean, friendliest place I have ever been! We stayed in the HH Tower upon request with much help from Frances Archilla who also reserved our cabana for a day which was every bit worth it! I have never had someone so concerned and work so hard to ensure I was happy before! She even came and visited us personally our first day there at our cabana to make sure we had everything we wanted. ALL of the staff there was extremely nice easy to talk to and eager to please. Many went out of their way for me and my husband I think simply because we were nice to them and treated them as fellow people, not servants. They were all very knowleagable and helpful with where to go with restaurants, tourism, etc. Our room was the nicest we have ever had with an incredible view of the lagoon as well as Atlantic. If you want a view of the Caribe Hilton's private beach and sunset, then stay in the Main Building. We were looking for a more private, higher view and were not disappointed! We had the most romantic, relaxing, wonderful time and hope we can return again sometime soon!!!

Room Tip: If you want a view of the Caribe Hilton's private beach and sunset, then stay in the Main Buildi...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
It's great to hear that we make your special celebration even more special!!! Kudos to Frances Archilla, great example of customer service at it's finest!
Norwell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We recently re-visited the Caribe Hilton for our15th time over 8 years. Although some major renavations are in progress the service and ameneties her at Caribe remain the best. The folks at the Pool Bar and the Oasis Bar are on top of thier game. Nelson the assistant Manager patrols the hotel and is always ready to fix your every need.
The hotels restaurants are wonderful, we especially love IL Giardino an Italian restaurant right in main lobby area, where Franco performs magically with table side ceasar salad.We say the Caribe is the best of the best!!!

Room Tip: we like the main building with Ocean view balconies
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
We really appreciate the support over the years! Hope to see you again soon!
Novato, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I really loved this place. Upon our initial arrival I was told they did not have a room with a King Bed available and were placing me in a room with 2 doubles. I wasn't very happy with that as I am tall and find double beds to be on the short side. But if none was available I would see how it went. She did offer us a complimentary breakfast in Las Palmeras. Next I was told I was in the main building. I told the young lady I had read some reviews and if at all possible I really wanted to be in the tower building. She spent some time in the computer and I ended up in room 1264 with the most fantastic view I could have asked for. Luz was great.

We loved the grounds, the hammocks, and the beach and pool areas. I never had a problem getting a chair.

I really enjoyed getting the bread from the towel area and feeding the fish at the end of the pier. It was pretty cool. At night they had a spotlight shining there and we saw small sharks.

I agree with everyone that says their restaurants are overpriced for dinner. Lunches were ok and the Starbucks was decent. I did make a trip up the street to the Subway for dinner one evening which I then took back to my room and ate on the balcony with the fantastic view.

I would stay again

Room Tip: Definately try to get in the tower. We had room 1264 which has a fabulous view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking from your time to share your experience with us. We appreciate the support!

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!