“Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 47 hotels in San Juan
Augusta, Georgia
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

I just returned from 4 nights at the Caribe Hilton. I can't say enough about how nice the staff was. Nicole at the front desk went out of her way to be helpful in meeting my room request and was as pleasant as any employer could hope for. Hiram at the pool bar was the same. Friendly, and he mixes a great drink. He recently won first prize for creating the best drink in the Caribbean -- the Cucumbertini. Unfortunately, it's not offered on the bar menu. I think it could be a winner. Definitely ask for a Tower Room on a higher floor -- some very nice views. The restaurants were very expensive, without any reasonable options nearby -- hence 4 stars instead of 5.

Room Tip: Get a room in the Tower -- higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Kudos to Nicole and Hiram! This is what we like to hear!! Our team members making the difference! Thank you for the feedback!

3,652 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (819)
  • Polish first
Dallas, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I was here for two weeks on business and hated to leave. I love the Caribe Hilton in San Juan, PR. Everyone made me feel like family and I felt completely safe. They have a Starbucks on site and other shops. The pool area is very relaxing as well as the beach area and everytime I got into a hammock, my stress melted away. They furnish you beach towels. There are comfortable seating areas in the lobby area to enjoy the view, your starbucks coffee or free wireless internet. They have activities for the kids.
No problems at check-in, my room was clean, nicely furnished and a comfortable bed. I had an ocean view and enjoyed having my balcony door opened to listen to the ocean. The food is wonderful and I had room service several nights. The food was hot and they also had freshed baked cookies on the tray. Computer internet connection in the room was perferect and I had no problems when I used it.
The housekeeping staff cleaned my room and I had plenty of fresh towels, shampoo and other toiletries. I needed a sewing kit and housekeeping brought one to my room sortly after I requested it.
It is a short trip to Old San Juan and there are cabs available to take you anywhere. My last visit I did rent a car and the valet service was super. I gave them my valet ticket, went to get a coffee and my car was waiting for me.
The Caribe Hilton is the only place I will stay when I am in San Juan for business or pleasure. I feel very safe, my room is clean, the food is excellent, the staff makes me feel like family and if I need anyting they are there to help me.

Room Tip: I love the Villa rooms, they have an ocean view with a balcony and are quieter. The beds are comfor...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for the support, we really appreciated!! We hope to see you soon!
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I've just returned from a Caribbean cruise where we boarded the ship in San Juan, Puerto Rico. We had 1 night at the Caribe Hilton Hotel beforehand and the grounds & facilities were amazing. The Caribe is right on the beach & we were lucky enough to have a room on the 9th floor so the views over San Juan and the coast line were excellent. The hotel rooms themselves could've done with a makeover, but the bed was super comfy & room was clean, which is the main thing & the reception staff were lovely. The hotel reception area is open plan & a few shops sit directly opposite check-in, (Starbucks was great for a well deserved coffee injection, after a long time flying) however Subway round the corner, wasn't that helpful as they seemed to have only Spanish & not very good English skills, so ordering was a bit eventful. Altogether a good start for a fabulous cruise.

Room Tip: Higher floors with an ocean view are must, the view is beautiful early morning.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your time with us it is a wonderful thing to know that we took part on making your vacations memorable! Thank you for the feedback!
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I recently stayed at this Hilton and it was not for me. If you like corporate hotels or mega-complexes, you will have fun, but I thought the staff were, by and large, quite rude, the rooms were mediocre, and the place was simply too big. My room was so far away from the lobby that there was a shuttle operated by the bellhops- well, there was supposed to be. I arrived on Saturday night, when there was such a loud party in the lobby's restaurant area that the receptionist and I had to shout at each other to be heard (it was like being in a nightclub). The bellhop told me they were simply too busy valeting cars to operate the shuttle. Room service is eye-wateringly expensive, and was the only choice for late arrivals as the restaurants close at 11pm.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Condo Villas -- they are the furthest from the entrance and pool/beach.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are deeply sorry that you felt a lack of customer service during your stay with us. This is not what we work for everyday. This feedback will helps us to improve our service and for that we thank you.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

When we arrived we were very pleasantly surprised with the huge, open reception area where parrots squawked away. The check in staff were very friendly and we were offered an upgrade to an ocean view but declined due to not wanting to pay any more money plus we were happy to stay in a room with a garden view. When we got into our room, we were not happy with the view (all you could see was the top of a restaurant, not very nice) and we were promptly moved without any fuss. The room was clean and the cleaners were in every day changing towels and replacing toiletries etc. We were so pleased with their service that we left them a tip.

The grounds of the hotel are beautiful, with fish, peacocks, lizards, iguanas, geese and swans. The birds are night were happily singing away. There are plenty of pools to choose from and also the beach area. The pool bar was expensive and please be aware that they take payment by card only. We didn’t try out all of the restaurants but we did go to the Italian restaurant twice and it was very nice. The steak was beautiful and the staff were helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. We also went to the Pina Colada Bar twice (can’t remember the exact name), the coconut popcorn shrimp were amazing! Don’t pay for cabs to get to Old San Juan, take the bus, it’s a short ride and only $0.50. The only very small thing that I would mention is that it would take nearly an hour for room service to arrive. We asked for a corkscrew and it took an hour. Another night we ordered food and that took about an hour too. I would like to point out though that when the staff did arrive they were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
We are so please that you truly experience the real soul of our hotel! From the open air lobby to the great pool complex! Hope to see you back soon! Thank you for sharing this experience with us!
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

We stayed here one night prior to a cruise. Check in was smooth, our room was in the tower looking west with a view of the ocean and Old San Juan. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The public areas were very nice and the employees were very pleasant. We would not hesitate to stay here again. The only negative thing was that our balcony was located over the restaurant air conditioning system and it was a bit noisey, we did mention this to the front desk at checkout and they deducted the hotel fee from our bill. We will be back! The location and views are great!

Room Tip: Higher floors looking east are less noisy.
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us! This is our daily motivation to continue our duties! It's great to hear that all our efforts are worth it! Thank you again for your feedback!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel.they have an awesome beach w no waves perfect to float all day long.the service is awesome the drinks are the best ever(very expensive )but good.I think this is my new favorite place to go.they have lots of activities .the grounds are so well kept.can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2011
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
Thank you for you support, we really appreciated! We are so glad that you love our property that is the best motivation to keep working everyday! Thank you again for your feedback!

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!