When we arrived we were very pleasantly surprised with the huge, open reception area where parrots squawked away. The check in staff were very friendly and we were offered an upgrade to an ocean view but declined due to not wanting to pay any more money plus we were happy to stay in a room with a garden view. When we got into our room, we were not happy with the view (all you could see was the top of a restaurant, not very nice) and we were promptly moved without any fuss. The room was clean and the cleaners were in every day changing towels and replacing toiletries etc. We were so pleased with their service that we left them a tip.
The grounds of the hotel are beautiful, with fish, peacocks, lizards, iguanas, geese and swans. The birds are night were happily singing away. There are plenty of pools to choose from and also the beach area. The pool bar was expensive and please be aware that they take payment by card only. We didn’t try out all of the restaurants but we did go to the Italian restaurant twice and it was very nice. The steak was beautiful and the staff were helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. We also went to the Pina Colada Bar twice (can’t remember the exact name), the coconut popcorn shrimp were amazing! Don’t pay for cabs to get to Old San Juan, take the bus, it’s a short ride and only $0.50. The only very small thing that I would mention is that it would take nearly an hour for room service to arrive. We asked for a corkscrew and it took an hour. Another night we ordered food and that took about an hour too. I would like to point out though that when the staff did arrive they were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribe Hilton Hotel, one of the most luxurious hotels in Puerto Rico, is set on an exclusive peninsula, made up of 17 acres of lush tropical gardens. This Puerto Rico Hilton is ideally situated between historic old San Juan and the exciting Condado area, offering a secluded beach, lavish accommodations and amenities tailored to families, couples and business travelers alike. This San Juan hotel is just a 15-minute drive from Luis Munoz Marin Airport and five minutes from San Juan's new Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel