Couple (40 yrs old)...trip alone without our 2 young children. We both have traveled all over domestically and internationally for work and leisure.
Looking for: Great location, clean hotel, great pool(s) / beach, good food.
Not looking for: major entertainment, party scene, and lots of kids / younger crowd.
1. If you care about the exterior of the actual building, it does look a bit dated architecturally (but I thought it was fine).
2. Room: We were in the Hilton Honors Tower with ocean view / balcony. Room was large with king bed (one of the most comfortable beds ever), it was clean, air conditioning worked well. Bathroom was large (large walk-in shower with overhead rain shower head and also wall shower head). Were there some minor knicks in the walls from wear? Yes. Did I care? No, I had no plans to BUY the property.
3. Food and drink: Good options? Yes. Good quality? Yes. Expect to spend an average of $60 per meal for lunch and dinner if you're going to have a couple of drinks (beer: $7 / frozen drinks: $12). We ate at Mortons one night for dinner for a splurge - it was $200.
4. Property: LOVED the grounds and pools. You could lay out in well maintained grassy areas, sand/beach areas, or by the pool. A lot to look at and enjoy. The inlet water area was clean and beautiful - many fish to see in the water.
5. Service: Service was perfectly fine in the restaurants (top notch in Mortons). If you needed something, the hotel staff was helpful.
6. Location: Felt very safe (most times you feel unsafe beyond the fenced in property). Close to Old San Juan, which is lovely. It's an easy drive to the Rainforest (we spent the day hiking around).
Some observations from previous posts:
"It rained our entire vacation" - you can't blame the hotel. Yes, it does rain, but it clears away as fast as it arrives.
"Poor service" - if you want an activities director and you're looking for tons of entertainment, pick a different type of hotel (e.g., all inclusive).
We got a very good deal on this hotel that included full breakfasts. We didn't have huge expectations based on the reviews, but the negative reviews were off base, in our opinion. Again, know what you're looking for before you book. I scoured TripAdvisor for this trip and have never seen such contrasting positive and negative reviews for hotels as I did for Puerto Rico.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- San Juan Caribe Hilton
- Caribe Hilton
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Hilton
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribe Hilton hotel, one of the most luxurious hotels in Puerto Rico, is set on an exclusive peninsula, made up of 17 acres of lush tropical gardens. This Puerto Rico Hilton is ideally situated between historic old San Juan and the exciting Condado area, offering a secluded beach, lavish accommodations and amenities tailored to families, couples and business travelers alike. This San Juan hotel is just a 15-minute drive from Luis Munoz Marin Airport and five minutes from San Juan's new Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Agoda, Hilton Hotels, Amex, BookIt.com, Otel, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Tingo so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.