we just got back from our july 4 vacation from puerto rico and we stayed at the hilton caribe. My 2 boys loved it(age 3 and 18 months). And me and my husband were very satisfied. from the airport, we took a cab for abt 24$. it was fast and the cabs there are huge vans. travel time less than 15 mins. the check in was quick too. we were early for the usual 4 pm check in ( we got there at 3 pm) but they got us a room and didnt have to wait.
Rooms: they are of average size. more on big than small. the first night, our ceiling started leaking from the a/c but they got us a room on a higher floor with better view right away. i asked for thenewer renovated rooms on the other side of the hotel but they said the rooms from the older side is better so we stayed. they asked if we wanted to check it out first though. bathrooms are ok.internet free in the lobby. no free parking. and i heard it was expensive too.
Food: very expensive at the hotel. we tried the burger from oasis bar and grill and that was thick and juicy. we didnt try room service because they said it will take more than 35 mins. We can walk down anyway so we did. my boys loved the fries. We had daily buffet breakfast at the palmeras. it was a holiday so the lines were always so long!!! food there was good. try the tamarind juice--it was really delicious. Pina colada club resto has some delicious pina coladas about 10$ each! try their grilled mahi mahi--yum yum!! their skirt steak was a little hard but yummy!
Attractions: the el yunque rainforest was 2.5 hours drive so we skipped that. old san juan we visited a couple of times for dinner. we felt safe walking around even at night. it was easy to get a cab going back to the hotel. it will cost 12 $ each way. bus maybe 0.75$. the hotel had alot of things to do for kids. mini rainforest had a peacock. white swan. fish feeding. kids playground outside. tours for anorkeling kayaking etc available but all fro more than 4 hours except for old san juan city tour whcih they offered for abt 50$ per person. but i think you can do that on your own.
Pool: pool was big.there were around 3 that was somewhat connected to each other. there was a swim up bar for adults. main pool clean. music not too loud.
Beach: clean and towels are available. they blew up my kids' floaties. to rent is very expensive like 10-15$ per hour for floaties. cabanas were avaiable. chairs plenty. big space even for alot of people during the holiday.
old san juan: try out AQUAVIVO resto for seafood. great service!!! my husband had to leave for awhile to get some shorts for my little boy and they made sure his food was still warm when he got back. the scallop risotto was delicious! lobster mash potatoes fro my little one was great! dont go to RAICES. the wait was so long...like abt an hour. it was recommended by our cab driver but the food was mediocre. its a puerto rican resto which our hotel concierge said dont go back to! ROPA VIEJA is a cuban resto 10 mins away from the hotel whcih offered cuban food!!! now you got to try this! shrimp risotto great! cod fish super yummy. mahi mahi yummy too! ( we were so in the mood for seafood for some reason). service very good!
hilton caribe: highly recommended for vacation with kids!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribe Hilton hotel, one of the most luxurious hotels in Puerto Rico, is set on an exclusive peninsula, made up of 17 acres of lush tropical gardens. This Puerto Rico Hilton is ideally situated between historic old San Juan and the exciting Condado area, offering a secluded beach, lavish accommodations and amenities tailored to families, couples and business travelers alike. This San Juan hotel is just a 15-minute drive from Luis Munoz Marin Airport and five minutes from San Juan's new Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel