My husband, 6-year old daughter, and I recently got back from a 5 day stay at the Caribe Hilton. We had an awesome time and would definitely return!
The pool and grounds are lovely. If you are traveling with children, the hotel has a perfect combination of pool and beach. The beach is gentle enough for toddlers. The pool area is beautiful and great for adults and children alike. The hotel provides day-old bread and bagels and kids can feed the tropical fish that swim just beyond the barrier rocks. My daughter could have fed the fish all day long. The hotel has a beautiful garden where they keep a variety of birds including peacocks. My animal-loving daughter visited them at least twice a day.
The hotel lobby was open-air and beautiful. The lobby and lobby bar were great places to just hang out. The restaurants were expensive so we only ate at one, the Piña Colada Club, which had very good food. As part of our vacation package we had free continental breakfast, which very good too. The breakfast had a self-serve latte machine which had such good coffee that I did not need to visit the Starbucks that is on-site.
We rented a car from Alamo for $24 a day and it was well-worth it to do
site seeing and to go off property for dinner. The hotel is really convenient to Old San Juan and parking in Old San Juan is really inexpensive. We drove the hour it takes to get to El Yunque, the only rainforest in the US National Park system. We like to hike and hiked to see some waterfalls. It's not often you can go through a rainforest and my 6-year old just loved it. After hiking, it was great to come back to a beautiful hotel, take dip in the pool and sip mojitos!
Our room was located in the Condado Villas section of the hotel. We had a beautiful view of the ocean and the skyline of the Condado hotel area. The room was nicely appointed and always clean. Our only issue was that it was a long walk from our room to the main hotel areas.
Overall, we totally loved the hotel and would definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribe Hilton hotel, one of the most luxurious hotels in Puerto Rico, is set on an exclusive peninsula, made up of 17 acres of lush tropical gardens. This Puerto Rico Hilton is ideally situated between historic old San Juan and the exciting Condado area, offering a secluded beach, lavish accommodations and amenities tailored to families, couples and business travelers alike. This San Juan hotel is just a 15-minute drive from Luis Munoz Marin Airport and five minutes from San Juan's new Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel