Stayed here for last 2 nights of our stay (we were at Ponce Hilton the rest of the trip). The choices in San Juan are either super expensive, run down, or in a congested area. Caribe Hilton is the best bet. It is a large hotel (as are most in the area) but due to its location and set up, it allowed us access to Old San Juan and magnificent settings. The room was larger than in most hotels and very comfortable, but as the last review noted, not all views are good. That didn't bother us, as the grounds were so gorgeous, we got dressed and left! There are gardens to walk in with animals (peacocks, swans, etc) and the pool is exceptional. Didn't have a problem finding a place to 'set up camp.' But....the beach/ocean area was terrific! There rock breakers make it feel almost like an ocean pool. We could snorkel without worry in that area (didn't see as many or as big fish as we would in the open ocean, but didn't need a life jacket and had no worries about undertow, safety, etc). The boys (ours and others) had a ball finding lizards, iguanas, coquis (frogs), etc at day and night.
The food there is outrageously expensive, but this is San Juan. There is a refrigerator in the room, so if you have a car, you can buy breakfast to eat in the room, and the staff was super helpful in helping us find alternative restaurants that weren't $20-30/person.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- San Juan Caribe Hilton
- Caribe Hilton
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Hilton
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribe Hilton hotel, one of the most luxurious hotels in Puerto Rico, is set on an exclusive peninsula, made up of 17 acres of lush tropical gardens. This Puerto Rico Hilton is ideally situated between historic old San Juan and the exciting Condado area, offering a secluded beach, lavish accommodations and amenities tailored to families, couples and business travelers alike. This San Juan hotel is just a 15-minute drive from Luis Munoz Marin Airport and five minutes from San Juan's new Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Agoda, Hilton Hotels, Amex, BookIt.com, Otel, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Tingo so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.