“Great views, nice pool, good time!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
“Great views, nice pool, good time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

We stayed here Labor Day weekend (still here as I write!). It was a short getaway for the first time in Puerto Rico.
This hotel is definitely very well placed. I love that you can be on the beach and the wonderfully helpful beach attendants bring you chairs and umbrellas - complimentary! The gentlemen were super nice, courteous, and helpful. We had an oceanfront view and it was heavenly.
The hotel staff were also extremely helpful. I want to particularly mention Diana, the server who waited on us during breakfast on Sunday morning August 31st. Not only was she extremely pleasant and helpful, she went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of and she really made us feel well looked after. Thank you, Diana!! :)
We are definitely looking forward to coming back again soon.

• Stayed August 2014
Hans R, General Manager at Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear Rabab A;

Thank you for taking the time to share with us and other Trip Advisor members feedback from your recent Labor Day vacation at our Resort! We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy one of our Ocean Front rooms and that during breakfast at La Vista Latin Grill, Diana was able to assist you by providing the excellent customer service she is known for. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Hans G. Röhrbein

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,062)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Marriot San Juan Resort. We had breakfast at the La Vista Latin Grill on the resort property. Our server's name was Angelo; his natural demeanor makes him a good candidate to train others in the waiter server business. Originally, we were going to opt for a Tier 4 hotel i.e. as the Ritz Carlton Resort or El San Juan for our vacation. However, we were exceptionally pleased with our stay here and feel the service from front desk to all restaurants were definitely Tier 4 rating. If you go to the La Vista Grill, ask for Angelo. This server treated my husband and I like First Lady and President. He is a 110% fit for the hospitality business. At first I thought it was just us getting VIP treatment, but then I realized he was extremely attentive, professional, sociable, and nice to all his customers at the same time. He went above and beyond just serving customer food. He recommended several menu items, asked if you needed any special sauces for your omelette, potatoes, and much more etc.... It is so refreshing to see someone who really loves their job. He never takes a smile off his face and makes his customers leave with a smile. My husband and I are planning a X-mas vacation here again and cannot wait to come back. I am a Platinum Marriott Member with over 200 nights a year. I have been to this hotel a dozen times before and feel so good to know they are constantly making improvements for vacationers like ourselves. I will DEFINITELY recommend this hotel to all my co-workers, friends and family members.

Room Tip: High floor and Ocean Front Rooms are the BEST!!!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hans R, General Manager at Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Dear Charlene B;

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay at our Resort. We are extremely happy to hear that you and your husband had an amazing stay with us and that the service provided by our associates contributed to you having a memorable stay, especially the service provided by our associate Angelo from our restaurant La Vista Latin Grill. Angelo certainly demonstrates our Marriott’s Spirit to Serve culture on a daily basis and we are proud to have him on our team. We look forward to your visit in December!
Should you require any assistance, please feel free to contact us at mhrs.sjupr.social.media@marriotthotels.com.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I stayed at the Marriott San Juan last week and it was a great trip. The rooms were very clean and comfortable bedding. What really made the trip for me though was hanging out at the pool bar and the beach. Jeannette and Jason at the pool bar were awesome, great conversation and they took care of me very well so I ended up staying at the pool bar longer than I thought and got sunburned. The location of the hotel is very hard to beat, nearby restaurants, stores, and shopping, all within walking distance. Direct beach access was great, lobby is very nice and overall this facility is very nice.

Room Tip: I personally have stayed in rooms with views of the city and the ocean, both were great so it just d...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear martinz;

It is wonderful to hear that you had a great vacation at our property. We are happy to know that you were able to enjoy our location, facilities and our newly upgraded rooms. Jeanette and Jason from our pool bar will be delighted to hear that you were happy with the service they provided during your stay!

We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

There is much to like about this resort. My grandson loves the waterslide (open 11 to 3) and the beach is right there and terrific. There is a resort fee which covers a lot of things that were once free and the executive lounge which was once on the top floor closed this year--just before we visited. A pity because the views were terrific. The restaurant. though pricey, is more than OK. (And there are great places nearby.)

Nevertheless, assuming the price is right, I would return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hans R, General Manager at Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Texastravveler;

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are happy to hear that your grandson had a great time on our waterslide! Thank you for your loyalty, we look forward to your future stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I cannot speak enough kind words of the hotel and their staff! From the moment we arrived all the men up front are so nice and great greeters. Emmanuel at the front desk quickly checked us in and helped with an upgrade to an ocean view. I definitely recommend the upgrade to an ocean view in the cabana side. He also helped in getting our friends room and ours next to each other. They offer free $30 play coupons and 2 drink vouchers upon checking in which is great. Throughout the stay, Lissette helped me daily at the front desk to figure out what to do and where to go. The pool bar is amazing! We stayed there for hours to eat and drink. Jaenette and Jason are the best bartenders and just fun to be around. Do get the "Shakers" to save some cash on drinks. They are delicious! The casino had the friendliest dealers, except the Roulette table since I lost all my money there! But they were easy to explain games and tips of the island. Jaime was very knowledgeable at the Craps table and guided us through the game. The beach was wonderful and clean! Overall, I can't wait to plan my trip back to the Marriott! Disregard the few bad reviews here, because I can't find one bad thing about the Marriott! It was clean and beautiful and central to anything you may need.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an ocean view!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear nat0223850;

We really appreciate your amazing feedback form your recent vacation with us. It is our pleasure to hear that you had a great time and that the service provided by our associates was a highlight during your stay. Thank you for all the positive comments and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

We decided to come down to San Juan to get out of Dodge for a few days for some sun and beach time. I've stayed at many Marriotts and have had generally great experiences at all of them. This hotel was very nice with a lively lobby, great curb appeal and a fun atmosphere. The food, drink and sundries in the hotel were quite pricey but I don't think Marriott stands alone in taking advantage of a captive audience. But $17 for a Wendy's quality burger and fires? Such is the hotel industry, I guess. But, what threw me for a loop was the hidden $50/day "resort fee" that is made no mention of when booking the room. It is a mandatory fee that the hotel mandates and is presented to you on a piece of paper (photo below) in a way that I believe is underhanded and downright dishonest, hence the 3 stars. Granted, the $50/day does include features such as 2 complimentary welcome drinks, in-room wi-fi, beach towels, $30 credit to the casino, 4 bottles of water per day in your room as well as a special discount to the breakfast buffet which was adequate yet nothing special. However, I must give a shout-out to Angelo, who was a great server and made our breakfast experience entertaining and fun. That said, I'd love to give this place 4 stars but I can't get past the fact that my room rate was jacked up virtually 25% as soon as I checked in due to this hidden resort fee. You may as well have the concierges greet you with 9mm Glocks with a friendly "stick 'em up." Not nice, Mr. Marriott, not nice at all...

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to beachfront. Nothing to lose!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HansRohrbein, General Manager at Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear dlvassallo;

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us and other Trip Advisor members. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed our location, facilities and the great service provided by our La Vista associate Angelo- we will certainly share your “shout out” with him, as we know he will be very happy to know about it. We would also like to let you know that we take our guests comments very seriously, so you can be certain that we will share your observations with our Management Team in order to identify any areas of opportunities for improvement.

Should you decide to stay with us again, please feel free to contact us at mhrs.sjupr.social.media@marriotthotels.com for assistance.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Beautiful resort! The rooms are spacious, pretty, & functional with great balconies. We stayed in the cabana building! The pool is fun & the ocean waves are great to play in! The chicken fingers & fruit plate at the beach restaurant are yummy with a great view! You can't beat this location! Walking distance to good restaurants. Ride the bikes into Old San Juan in the morning & taxi in the evenings. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Cabana building rooms are ocean & pool front with easy elevator access & large balconies!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear DawnZ;

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent vacation experience with us. We are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly upgraded rooms as well as the great location!

We really look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Hans Röhrbein

Been to Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!