We flew into San Juan the day before our cruise and stayed with a group of friends (all cruising together). Check in was very easy and we even got a glass of rum punch during the process.
Our room was a city view room, with 2 full-size beds. I don't know if they are advertised as queens, but they were definitely not as each bed was significantly smaller than the queen size bed at my home. The room was very neat and clean and well equipped. Laundered robes and slippers were packaged and waiting for us in our closet. There was an ironing board and iron in the closet, as well as a small safe. The bathroom had a nice sized tub, Bath & Body Works brand toiletries, a hair dryer and a magnifying mirror hung on the wall.
The city view wasn't so great but it did offer a great view of the Starbucks across the street. For one night we weren't really concerned about what sort of view we had. We were up on the 11th floor and did not notice any city noise at all at night.
The pool and grounds and beach area were wonderful. We really loved all of the outdoor seating options, and plenty of shade was available too. The outside shower is a great touch too. There was a small waterslide and there was a stand outside that offered the use of lots of games, books, water and all sorts of necessities for spending lots of time outside. I was really impressed with that.
I could easily see spending a week here. They even have a gym which is surprisingly large and well equipped. There's a spa down there too but we didn't use their services. The only real drawback to the gym in my opinion is that it's in the basement with absolutely NO view. There are not even any windows. However it is very clean and has lots of safe, current equipment. Treadmills and ellipticals even had their own tv's on them.
I'd definitely stay here again - and next time I'd bring the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan