We stayed five nights in early October. Condado location is much preferred over the Marriott property in Isla Verde. This location is convenient to Walgreen's, Bun's burger shop, Ben & Jerry's on the beach (more than just ice cream!), chains (Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Wendy's), Danny's (wonderful pizza/subs) and other local places. There are abandon/distressed properties and homeless nearby, but we did not feel unsafe walking in the area.
The resort itself is a manageable size, and well maintained. The staff was very helpful and kind. We interacted with so many, it's hard to even list names! Lots of smiles, warmth, and genuine willingness to help and be of service. This goes for everyone - - bellman, front desk, housekeeping, towel hut, pool restaurant, fitness center, etc!! This really struck me, because it was clear there is a culture of kindness here.
The pool was modest size...very relaxing area and plenty of chairs. There were always clean towels on hand, and a nice area under shade with flat screen TVs when a break from the sun was needed. Food from the pool restaurant was surprisingly high quality and fresh. Prices were as expected, $16 for chicken sandwich/fries. Bucket of 5 Medalla Light beer = $25 + tip.
Plenty of bottled waters in the room fridge and bathroom amenities. Bedding was supportive and firm, and linens were high quality. Also, lots of towels...yeah!
Beach attendants were so very helpful. Jeffrey was right there to set up lounge chairs and umbrellas daily. Beach sand was free of debri and seaweed. Surf was churning, but did *not* keep us from getting in the water (and I'm freakish about any rip tide action). Don't let this comment deter you from Marriott! The beach is great here.
- Rum punch upon check in.
- Checkout the panoramic view from the penthouse lounge on 17th floor.
- We enjoyed rooms in both Tower and Cabana buildings, but preferred Cabana 9th floor...because we had some shade in the afternoon on our deck and had a fabulous view of the pool/beach area.
- Lobby bar opens up with a stage behind it on the weekend evenings. Enjoyed the live music.
- Coffee bar in the lobby discounts pastries mid-day. (oh, and they'll heat up your leftovers for you with a smile).
- Cold bottled waters available in the fitness center all day (LL of Cabana building).
- Stock up on your drinks and alcohol at Walgreens: 10 pack of Medalla Light was ~ $10.50. Chilled in room and kept on ice at the pool/beach.
- Was told casino had complimentary beverages and snacks? available...but we didn't go to the casino, so I can't confirm.
- Insider Tip - "Rums of Puerto Rico" promotional marketing in the lobby area on Friday/6-8PM. Had a great time sampling complimentary rum drinks from our new friends, Carlos and Ramon. This was not promoted, and was the trip highlight :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Marriott, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino