I arrived at the hotel before noon and was able to check in immediately which was great. The lobby is nice, fairly small but they have plenty of room for lounging, a bar, a coffee shop, store, concierge, and the casino is off of the lobby. My room was clean and even though you could tell the hotel is pretty old it looks like it was renovated within the past few years. The room had a small refrigerator, plenty of storage for clothes, robes, slippers, and even a Marriott umbrella for use. The thing I like about older hotels is the walls are thick and outside of hearing people in the hall you don’t hear your adjacent neighbors. The pool area is great with two pools (the slightly deeper one has a slide), areas for lounging with games, free bike rental, and beverage/food service so you don’t have to get up. There is a swim up bar and also a bar/restaurant on the other side where I ate pretty much every day and the food/drinks were so good. The other good thing is there is security front and center in the lobby and also security AND police between the beach and pool area so I felt very safe. The downside is the beach in front of the hotel is a “dangerous shore-break” as indicated by multiple signs which mean the waves are rough and furious. Although there were plenty of people on the beach, not many would go in the water as it was not inviting. In your room they give you 4 bottles of water each day and internet access (a part of your resort tax) so that was great. The hotel is in a good location with plenty of restaurants and stores directly across the street for shopping. The staff was very good and accommodating, I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Marriott, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan