My wife and I had a good time this past week at the Marriot. Jose at check in was very helpful and his recommendations of places to eat were right on the money. (Ropa Vieja was very good and easy 10 min walk down the street) Felt safe in walking the streets and had many local stores to save a little $$ on breakfast or lunch. Buns burgers across the street was good and the local subway had $3 egg omlet sandwhiches that were very good. Also have ice cream, walgreens and liquor stores all within close distance. We had a partial ocean view room on the 4th floor which had a nice view of the pools and beach, we really enjoyed our room. Rooms were nice, stateslike dish channels and news. Pool and Beach area was very nice. Staff very friendly everywhere. The beach staff will set up chairs and umbrella at no charge but tips were custom. All around I found the people to be very helpful and sincere in trying to make the trip as good as possible.
The only negative I had was the casino as there was only 1 $5 blackjack table and 1 $10 table most of the time. The $10 tables play London draw rules while $5 was Vegas draw. The tables were generally packed and most of the time with locals who played in teams taking up multiple spots at the tables. They seemed to know the pit boss and staff as well. Locals in the casino were rude and basically made it impossible to get on the $5 table. Hotel staff needs to do a better job of having tables available to guests and not allow these locals to consume every spot in the house. We often saw the exact same people in there for four days straight. One girl would take up 3 spots and then promptly get up to go talk on her cell phone in the lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan