My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Marriott San Juan. The hotel is located right on the beach and also just a short one block (or less) to the many bars and restaurants in the area.
The beds were soo comfortable..excellent! We had a room with a partial ocean view and also the pool area which I recommend highly, being able to see both from our balcony.
An added plus was the nightly entertainment of a live band in the lobby bar. No need to search for some night-life as it was right there! The bar area was jumping every night, with many of the locals joining in. I would recommend learning how to salsa, however, as that is THE dance of Puerto Rico! They did have a "retro" night also, of 70's and 80's music which we enjoyed.
I would recommend this hotel highly. The only negative thing I could say was that the cost of
liquor was very high, with $8 bottle of beers and $12-$14 for a mixed drink. I don't feel that the
Marriott is any higher than other hotels and restaurants in the area, but if you like to have a few
coctails each night, the cost can add up! We took a cab to Old San Juan and had lunch there one day. The price of drinks were 50% less there. Other travelers have mentioned the Walgreens across the street and this is an excellent tip. They are open 24 hours and sell wine, beer, liquor - and just about anything else you would need!
I was a bit disappointed in Old San Juan. The week we were there they had construction going on at Fortaleza Street, which was was center of the shopping district. You could walk down a narrow path on the sidewalk to enter stores but could not cross the street. This construction went on for at least four or more blocks on Fortaleza. I also expected a more vibrant shopping
area. In fairness, this was not their Peak tourist time, which is probably why they scheduled the construction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Marriott, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino