Two of my girlfriends and I spent five days at this hotel (end of June/beginning of July). First, I have to say how nice and helpful everyone was. I found the people of Puerto Rico to be generally warm and friendly, and the staff at this hotel were no exception. Check in and check out were quick and easy. As is typical of the Marriott hotel brand, the beds were extremely comfortable and the entire hotel was clean. Concierge service was wonderful with really nice and helpful people.
The hotel is located directly on Condado Beach with chair and umbrella service. The surf is a little rough, but the water is still beautiful. The hotel has two pools, one that is more for children. There is also a water slide. I would characterize the hotel as both single person and family friendly.
In addition to the swim up pool bar, there is also a covered bar/restaurant area with additional lounging furniture that looks out over the beach. There is also an indoor ocean front restaurant that looked very nice, but I can't comment on the food- we didn't eat there.
Condado is a busy area, especially on the weekends, with plenty of restaurants, bars, and shopping. The cute nearby stores/boutiques, however, were rarely open, which is likely due to the fact that we were there during the off season. Restaurants in the area also seem to open late, which is something to consider when you are looking for somewhere to eat breakfast (but see my tip.).
The bus into Old San Juan goes right by the hotel, but the schedule is unpredictable. You can also rent a car right at the hotel, which is convenient if you want to visit El Yunque, Luquillo Beach, or some of the other neighboring areas. A word of caution, driving in San Juan is a little tricky. The streets are incredibly narrow and the drivers tend to be very aggressive.
The bar area in the lobby also has an entertainment area which had live music on the weekend. Unfortunately, we didn't visit it. I wish we had, because the music sounded great and it was very crowded, and appeared to be a destination even for non hotel guests.
Overall, I would have no problem staying at this hotel if I visit San Juan again. Also, I would have no problem going during the off season. Although this is their rainy season, the rain that we did get was short lived. It's more like Florida weather, with rain or storms that roll through and move on. The rain that we got did not interrupt our trip at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Marriott, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino