“Nice, comfortable and great customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
30% Off in Paradise
Ranked #5 of 46 hotels in San Juan
“Nice, comfortable and great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Two of my girlfriends and I spent five days at this hotel (end of June/beginning of July). First, I have to say how nice and helpful everyone was. I found the people of Puerto Rico to be generally warm and friendly, and the staff at this hotel were no exception. Check in and check out were quick and easy. As is typical of the Marriott hotel brand, the beds were extremely comfortable and the entire hotel was clean. Concierge service was wonderful with really nice and helpful people.

The hotel is located directly on Condado Beach with chair and umbrella service. The surf is a little rough, but the water is still beautiful. The hotel has two pools, one that is more for children. There is also a water slide. I would characterize the hotel as both single person and family friendly.

In addition to the swim up pool bar, there is also a covered bar/restaurant area with additional lounging furniture that looks out over the beach. There is also an indoor ocean front restaurant that looked very nice, but I can't comment on the food- we didn't eat there.

Condado is a busy area, especially on the weekends, with plenty of restaurants, bars, and shopping. The cute nearby stores/boutiques, however, were rarely open, which is likely due to the fact that we were there during the off season. Restaurants in the area also seem to open late, which is something to consider when you are looking for somewhere to eat breakfast (but see my tip.).

The bus into Old San Juan goes right by the hotel, but the schedule is unpredictable. You can also rent a car right at the hotel, which is convenient if you want to visit El Yunque, Luquillo Beach, or some of the other neighboring areas. A word of caution, driving in San Juan is a little tricky. The streets are incredibly narrow and the drivers tend to be very aggressive.

The bar area in the lobby also has an entertainment area which had live music on the weekend. Unfortunately, we didn't visit it. I wish we had, because the music sounded great and it was very crowded, and appeared to be a destination even for non hotel guests.

Overall, I would have no problem staying at this hotel if I visit San Juan again. Also, I would have no problem going during the off season. Although this is their rainy season, the rain that we did get was short lived. It's more like Florida weather, with rain or storms that roll through and move on. The rain that we got did not interrupt our trip at all.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a good, inexpensive breakfast, there is a small restaurant about two block...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
MDelgado01, Marketing Coordinator at Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear TamPgh;
Thanks for sharing such great feedback from your recent stay at the San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino. We are very happy you and your friends had a great vacation in Puerto Rico. We hope to see you back very soon!

3,048 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (873)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

You can't go wrong with this hotel. It's in an excellent location. Close to the airport and Old San Juan. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. The hotel staff was very nice! The beds were comfortable and the room and facilities clean. I would definitively stay again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We went for 5 days in this hotel for my husband's birthday on the next picture. The timeliness of the delivery party (cake, strawberries, flowers and champagne all for the birthday) I asked for 6 PM the hotel concierge said it was perfect, but when I went back to the hotel to make a surprise for my husband in the room so the flowers had nothing! It was already 7:30 then I called she told me that the kitchen had a "slight delay" were already 8 PM and things came almost 9PM.

The other day we went to pessear in other cities of Puerto Rico, the room was one mess the party, so I talked to housekiping
thoroughly clean the room let me extas towels and wipe the floor (the flowers)
Still I gave $ 10.00!!! to clean it well ... I went back the next day so she had made the bed and changed the towels! Old flowers had dried on the floor!! Good Cleanup was HORRIBLE!

From 0-10 I give a 8

The Poolside was ok, had nothing more too!
I had many problems with this hotel!

The air conditioning also was Horrible!! Was scheduled to be in'' LOW'' and the heat was unbearable at night ... The hotel was beautiful plus they have to improve a lot still to be considered a 5 star hotel.

I recommend that the bar was actually really the food the breakfast, and the friendliness of the people!
I would recommend.! So I think if they improve...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear NathaliaePedro;

Thank you for taking time to review our property the San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino. First of all, please receive our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences encountered during your stay. We will share this feedback with our Management Team to identify opportunities for improvement.

If you ever decide to visit Puerto Rico in the future we would like to have you stay with us again. Please feel free to contact us directly at (787) 722-7000 ext 42.
Avondale Estates, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had a really wonderful time here. I stay at many, many hotels and many are Marriott brands. It began with Jose Rosado who checked us in. This man really is the walking definition of excellent customer service. Everyone along the way shared a genuine smile and desire to make our island time quintessentially luxurious. There is not enough I can say, though, about Jose Alvarado in the Spa. The spa desk suggested a "jet lag massage" and this Delta million miler couldn't have asked for anything better. If you miss this guy, it's your own fault.

They have done a great job of keeping up with the maintenance on this property also. It's clean and fresh everywhere you look. There is fresh paint and up-to-date decor. We would absolutely come back again.

Room Tip: When Jose R tells you something, do it, whether it's a place to eat or sight to see. The corner...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Our first trip to San Juan, so maybe a 4 star hotel rating is different than in the main US. For the price we paid for the room, I expected nicer conditions, it was not up to my standards. Maybe we just got in an area of hotel that hasn't been updated. The bathroom was nice, but the carpet and chairs were visibly worn. The room had a bad smell, and the balcony was not impressive. The outside facilities (pool area) look to be good condition (it was dark). The work out room (for a hotel) was great. We were only there for one night and we walked down to Walgreen's, checked out the ocean and ate at a local restaurant (Tijuana's) which was average at best. It has a nice place to purchase coffee at hotel (coffee merchant) and a Starbuck's across the street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear organicnatural;

It is great to know you recently stayed with us. Knowing our guests expectations we are currently undergoing a room enhancement to all of our 525 guestroom and suites.

We really appreciate your feedback and hopw you had enjoyed your visit to San Juan. If we may assist you in a future stay please contact us directly at (787) 722-7000 ext 42.
long island new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I spent 5 days here and it was perfect in every way. The hotel is great and the workers bend over backwards to meet your every need. We upgraded to oceanfront and it was a joy to sit on our balcony (on the 19th floor). There was always something going on in the hotel both inside and out. The Condado area is terrific -lots of live music going on in various bars and restaurants. The only downside is the surf is rather rough so it is not great for going in the ocean with kids. It was a touch windy as well. But for adults no problem.
Two months ago I stayed at the Intercontinental in Isla Verde and it was very disappointing. If you are trying to decide between the two then this is the place to go. Isla Verde has not much going on nor does the Intercontinental have much going on.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our family just stayed 8 nights at this hotel. It was clean and in a nice neighborhood. The bed was very comfortable, and the fitness room was nicely appointed. The hotel had nice restaurants and a small, active casino. But the highlight of the hotel is the staff. Virtually everyone went out of their way to help with a smile on their face.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!