“ok value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Baltimore, Maryland
“ok value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I usually stay at the Courtyard Isla Verde but decided to try the Stellaris. I was disappointed with my room readiness. The wrong TV console was in my room and an engineer had to reset the TV from the back. Then, I needed help getting internet access which was unusual for Courtyard.

Restaurant food was quite good. Small beach with strong waves. Could not get a spa appointment the same day because the spa closes at 6pm!.

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms are quite nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,158)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for three nights for my first trip to Puerto Rico.Love both the city and the beach views from the rooms.But really disappointed by hairs in the sink and the stains on the sheets. When I saw the hairs in the sink at the first night that I check in, I didn't complain about that. But on the second day, I found some disgusting stains that looks like blood on the sheets at 12 :30 in the morning when I just want to go to the bed, I can't help to call to report it. I couldn't go to sleep until almost 1:30 because i need to wait for the housekeeping come to change the sheets for me.it's really a frustration for me since I had been outside all day long and had to stay up late.

• Stayed January 2013
jersey city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was the best stay I have had in the Condado area, due to this hotel. The staff was great and actually show that they want to make you comfortable. From the gentleman who checked us in to the staff that answered concierge , nothing but pleasant people who seem to enjoy their jobs. I asked the front desk for a place to buy bubble wrap In the area, 5 minutes later she had some brought to my room... What great service.There were a few other things that I needed that where quickly Taken care of.The corner ocean room i was given was amazing and we slept with the patio door open, great ocean sound.The rooms are pretty big compared to other hotels we have tried in Condado . The pools are is very nice and the decor is very modern.I will definitely be staying here again, Im bringing my whole family in July .

• Stayed January 2013
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I just returned from a 4 night get away to the San Juan Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino with a friend. We arrived fairly early and our room was not ready. The staff were really accommodating and gave us free drink vouchers to use while we stored our bags. We had lunch at the grill by the beach which had decent food and a great mojito. The hotel restaurants were a bit on the expensive side but had quality food. There seemed to be some less expensive alternatives nearby, but we opted for the convenience to stay at the resort.
We stayed on the 8th floor of the Cabana wing and the room was just big enough and very clean. We had a great view of the pool and beach. The bathroom was clean and updated. The blow dryer sucked, though. If you are picky, bring your own.
The beach was really clean and the lounges were free to guests. The only bummer was that the hotel tower blocked the sun from shining down on a good portion of the beach and we had to get up and move our chairs every 15 min. or so to keep in the sun and from freezing (very very windy). There was a similar issue at the pool (which was also really clean but cold). I had a good massage in the spa which is very small. There is really no where to relax before or after a treatment except for the locker room. There are no salon services.
The casino was fun both in the afternoon and at night. I like to play blackjack and it was sometimes difficult to get a seat. One night we opted to eat at the noodle bar in the casino which is really just a regular chinese menu. The meal was good but really overpriced. We spent about $40 for just two lo mein orders. We could have fed a family of 5 for that in NY.
All in, this is a decent hotel and what you would expect from a Marriott.

Room Tip: The upper floors of the Cabana wing were recommended and we were not disappointed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ridgewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Twice I've stayed at the Marriott in Condado as a single mother of a pre-teen. We have had a fabulous time! Marriott is a family friendly hotel where my daughter always meets buddies to play with at the pool, and she is perfectly happy going up and down the pool slide for hours. The beach is beautiful, the service is great, I wouldn't hesitate to book a third vacation there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I finished my stay from my cruise staying at the Marriott. Room was nice on the 19th floor, view of ocean and city with 2 sided balcony. Room was big and comfortable. Resort was nice as well as pool. Gym was small but was able to get workout in. The resort has beach chairs and porters were helpful setting up chairs in a accomodating area. They offer massages for a small fee of $20.00 on beach. The swim-up pool to bar is nice. There is also a casino which has normal slots and gaming tables. If wanna venture out of hotel there are plenty of eaterys within walking distance. I took the bus downtown for 75 cents right on the corner of the resort. Old San Juan was fun and you can take a trolley around for free. It was a pleasant stay but will stay closer to airport for more nightlife.

Room Tip: Partial view or Ocean view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My travel companions and I stayed here before and after New Years 2013 and I was not overly impressed. The day we checked into the hotel, we had to wait nearly 15 after check-in time (16:00) to get our first room and the wait to get our second room (the room right next door) demanded a significantly longer wait time (closer to 17:00). Despite this, front desk staff was relatively friendly.

The bellmen were very friendly, informative and helpful in terms of providing directions, offering suggestions, and assisting with calling taxi touristicos.

Our rooms were small, and somewhat cramped, but offered a nice balcony, with a view of the beach below, the forts of Old San Juan in the distance, and the rest of the city.

Housekeeping was virtually non-existent during our stay and we had to call down multiple times, during our 4-day stay, just to get fresh soap, another roll of TP and other toiletries. Fresh towels? We had to practically beg to get the towels changed once.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!