Our trip started out on a great note when my friend, a Marriott card member, saw a price reduction in our room rate from the time we booked it, and got the price cut. A week before leaving, I befriended the hotel on facebook and was rewarded with a lovely 3 tiered basket of full size goodies (sweets, cheeses and crackers, fruit, juices, and soft drinks) shortly after check in. Rum punch or champagne is offered to guests who are checking in or out. Our room was comfortable and spacious with a full ocean view with a balcony that was a great spot for morning coffee or a glass of wine before dinner. The marble bathroom was large and accommodated double sinks with a long counter to space out toiletries without looking like a massive jumble. This was our second stay in San Juan; our first stay was in Isla Verde which was a bit limited in local area restaurants and farther from the center of Old San Juan. The Condado area was packed with an excellent variety of restaurants, high end shops, and convenience stores so that we could stock our fridge with snacks and drinks. We felt totally safe walking around at night. We asked a hotel worker for some recommendations for good restaurants that he would go to and at every one we enjoyed a great meal (Orosko, Ropa Vieja, Cafe del Angel); they were also within easy walking distance to the hotel. We enjoyed relaxing by the pool, but the beach was our favorite. It was so wonderful to stand by the steps leading to the beach and have the waiting attendant set up your lounge chair (first checking if you wanted to face the sun or ocean) then position the umbrella and then all we had to do was relax with a book in the sun. A wait staff came around periodically to check if we wanted anything from the bar. For two moms escaping husbands and kids, to have someone ask us what we wanted was heaven! The staff was always helpful and friendly. The lobby has a coffee shop where pastries and light lunches can be prepared for guests conveniences. There is also a Starbucks across the street. Just a couple of minor complaints, one of the elevators in our section was not always working which resulted in a longer wait. In one travel book's description, the lobby is suppose to be the scene for "big bands and Latin jazz performances", what we saw was a deejay tucked back in a corner one night. The Tuscany restaurant in the hotel offered a $20 price fixe which although reasonably priced,had inedible food. Over salted Bolognese sauce and dry chicken were replaced with mushy pasta aioli drowning in oil. The waiter was very nice and apologetic, and we were only charged for our wines. There are too many good choices outside the hotel to enjoy rather than to suffer through a bad meal. When we planned our trip, we debated whether to stay at the neighboring La Concha or the Marriott and knew we made the right choice after visiting La Concha for a drink. It is a slick, contemporary hotel with a cold edginess to it. I liked the overall welcoming friendliness of the Marriott for my getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino