“Great location, Nice hotel / Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Hackensack, New Jersey
“Great location, Nice hotel / Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

After spending a week on vacation in various areas in Puerto Rico, I wanted the last few nights to be most comfortable and decided to book the Marriott. The price is a bit stiff, Ive stayed in the area of Condado a few times with much lower pricing. But! There is a difference, rustic or Plush. The room was on the 19th floor with spectacular views of the Ocean, Mountains and the city. The room has a balcony where I enjoyed a nice bottle of wine ( a few ) and it was perfect. The room is clean, spacious, with all the modern amenities that you would expect. ( tv, hair dryer, internet, pools, restaurants, parking, etc. ) – it’s a Marriott – this location lived up to the expectations. Very nice! The wifi was rustic at best… but on vacation its like the tv; why do you need it??? It’s a vacation, relax turn off the cell phone and distance yourself from “reality”

The hotel is located right on the beach. Usage of the ocean is possible and encouraged. Beach chairs are provided. Marriott’s bar is located nearby and they have waitress service. The pools are very nice, swim up bar  Or just bring your own bottle to the pool area or beach; no one bothered by for making my own rum & cokes.

The staff is most friendly, helpful and accommodating.

Room Tip: When making your reservation include any special requests so that they can accommodate your desires...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,110)
philly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My guy and I stayed at this Marriott for several reasons – we got a great rate through Marriott's Look No Further Best Rate Guarantee, it was on the beach, all rooms have balconies and refrigerators, and the location is convenient to accessing restaurants, bars, etc. We were not disappointed….the daily cleaning service was thorough, the pool area is spacious and clean (actually very pretty with lots of palm trees), the gym is sanitary and sufficient, and the beach has a great complimentary chair and umbrella service. Being that we went during the rainy season, we may have benefitted from a lack of people crowding the pool and beach. We had a nice 7 night stay and would recommend this hotel for families or couples that do not mind several kids squealing in the pool area (enough Bacardi 151 and pineapple juice at the pool bar and you won’t even care that they’re peeing in the water right next to you). A side note – this hotel seems to be popular with people stopping in San Juan either before or after their cruises. For two days there was a flux of large, white, bumbling dorky people wandering around talking about coming or going from cruises. Like the children in the pool, they can be annoying but are fairly harmless.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in September, 2012. During our contacts with the front desk, concierge, tour director, bellmen, and restaurant wait-staff, we have not experienced better service anywhere.

Room Tip: Be prepared to pay a little extra for an ocean-view room, but the city-view is not bad at all.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Upon pulling up to this property my wife and I were greeted by a pleasant staff that seemed very interested in us having a great time on the island. The lobby was beautiful and the pool area was kid and adult friendly. The beach was only 5-10 steps from the back gate and the location of the hotel was right in the middle of some great restaurants and clubs. The room we were in was kind small; however, it was cozy and the view was great! On Friday night the bar downstairs turns to a club that played a variety of music. Lastly, this property was only 15 minutes from old San Juan and many other popular spots (we were glad we got a rental car).

• Stayed October 2012
JCT-DOM-PR, Manager at Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
greenboe

Thank you so much for such an awesome review ! We really appreciate it and we look forward to sharing your feedback with our associates. We take great pride in our associates and the service they provide and I am glad that you were able to experience their genuine service ethic first hand.

If I can ever assist you in the future, please contact me at 787 289 5036 or via email at julian.cable-treadwell@marriotthotels.com.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Just came back from visiting Puerto Rico with my mother and had a great time. The hotel was very accomodating and the staff were very helpful. The rooms were nice, beds were very comfortable however we had a room that was accessible for people with disabilities and the shower head was weak and the bathroom door was difficult to get open. The room was also a little outdated and the windows that go onto the balcony needed to be cleaned. Aside from this the pool area was very nice and the grounds were beautiful. We had a pool and partial ocean view. We loved the casino and how everything you wanted was nearby. The beach was a little dissapointing because the waves were rough so you could not really swim because the current easily drags you in. Swim up bar is a nice touch! Overall the hotel was comfortable and in a great location. Everything was at your fingertips!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

A perfectly acceptable hotel in the Condado area. Hotel appears a bit old, but is well maintained. Room was fine, clean, and roomy; I paid for a corner ocean view room. It is worth paying for the ocean view, but not for a corner room. Wifi is slow at times, and a tendency to drop. Don't eat, drink or shop in the hotel. The neighborhood is full of shops, bars and restaurants with a half or less than those charged in the hotel. There's a Starbucks across the street and a Walgreens a 2 minute walk away. The staff is friendly and helpful, especially the guys out front helping with the taxis, etc. The beach is OK, but the surf can be rather rough (though that may have been impacted by a tropical storm passing to the north). My biggest complaint is the 16% outrageous resort fee (which includes the less than reliable wifi). Despite a seemingly long list of "benefits" it doesn't really amount to much, and is the biggest reason I would reconsider staying at this property if I visit San Juan again.

Room Tip: Don't pay for a corner room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ponce
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I know the rates are not as good as I would like them to be but I really enjoyed my stay! It's location is very ideal and I love that you don't have to get out of the hotel to get to the beach! You can either go swim in their pool or walk a few feet to enjoy the beach that it's right there. The staff was really friendly even though when I asked for an extra night they didn't want to charge me with the same rate as the rate from the reservation and instead they charged me almost and extra hundred dollars for their regular rate. Apart from that I enjoyed my stay here.The restaurants are at walking distance. The rooms are less modern that I would expect but they were clean. The hallways have a weird smell though and had no idea what it was. You can't beat the location and the nightlife there!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Hi Marianne M

It is great to receive a review from somebody who chose to stay with us as a guest and is also a Puerto Rican resident. It is really appreciated and I look forward to sharing your feedback with our associates in the next operations meeting.

It is great to see that you used everything about our location to your advantage and I take what you say on board about the fluctuating room rates. We have the good fortune, due to a number of factors, to be a fairly popular property. We are proud of this fact but also know that our success is never final and we have to keep working at it. One of the results of being busy quite often is that our room rates will fluctuate depending on the day of the week, the time of the year etc. However, we always strive to ensure that our room rates are aligned with our quality of product, service and competitors pricing.

I appreciate the feedback on the rooms and their cleanliness and will address the odor in the hallways with our housekeeping department to investigate and rectify. With our room decor, we decided that a contemporary classical look would appeal to our customer more than a contemporary modern look but this will change in the future with our guest's preferences.

Thank you so much once again for your review and if I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please contact me at 787 289 5036 or via email at julian.cable-treadwell@marriotthotels.com.

Been to Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!