“Restaurant Brunch is Terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of CasaBlanca Hotel

Save Saved
You added CasaBlanca Hotel to your Saves list
CasaBlanca Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   316 Fortaleza St. | Old San Juan, San Juan 00901, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #7 of 47 hotels in San Juan
St. Thomas
“Restaurant Brunch is Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I were on an anniversary trip to Puerto Rico. We did not stay at the hotel so we cannot comment on that, however, the restaurant was terrible. We went for their Sunday Brunch. We live in the islands so we are aware of slow service but this was not only slow but they never asked if the food was ok, if we would like more coffee or mimosa. I had the eggs benedict and they came out like hard boiled eggs on a soggy english muffin with potatoes. My wife had a soggy waffle. There are plenty of options for a nice breakfast in Old San Juan, stay away from this one.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 3 nights while in PR.
Pros:
Excellent location
Extremely clean rooms and interior
Rooms are very cold and feel amazing
Decor is charming. Most awesome lobby and sink in bathroom was one of a kind.
Staff very friendly and helpful.

Cons:
Tiny bathroom
Tissues in room would have been nice.

Note: rooms small and mine had no window..I hate being in hotel room when I'm not sleeping or getting ready for bed so this was not important for me.

Would have been nice to have breakfast included.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here a few years ago it was amazing great service great room we still talk about how great our stay was and of course tell evert bod we are planing another trip and this time just staying here for the week instead of going on the cruise. SEE YOU SOON

Room Tip: Walking distance to the cruise port and the fort
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Casablanca was by far the best hotel we stayed at on our trip (including the Caribe Hilton resort). This hotel is absolutely adorable and totally worth the money. Tons of decorations and interesting art/pottery/paintings that line every wall of the hotel. The food was great and loved that they played the Casablanca movie 24/7 in the lobby. The location is perfect in old San Juan near all the bars, restaurants and shopping. Would gladly stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Cayey, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Beautiful decoration in the lobby and located close to most of the best restaurants in Old San Juan. Also close to the cruises port. Nice view of the city from the rooftop with very romantic tubs. Very helpful and nice staff.

Small clean rooms with plain decoration. Very soft matress with a plush cover on the top, too soft for my comfort, I prefer more firm matress. Large and clean shower with hot water and adequate pressure.

I had a room on the second floor then lack of elevator was not a problem for me. Unfortunately hotel restaurant only has breakfast until 10 am. But Caficultura is close to the hotel and went there for breakfast.

I recomend this hotel as precruise or postcruise stay or if you want to stay in Old San Juan and don't has budget to pay a little more for a more luxury hotel like El Convento.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor, specially if you have bad knees. Remember there is No elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Culebra
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed there only one night.
We were impressed by the attractive and original decor of the lobby. We upgraded to a King Deluxe room so were really surprised that our room was TINY! It JUST fit the king bed, 2 small bedside tables, a dresser, tv and a chair. It lacked the charm and decor of the lobby. Don't know the size of the other rooms, but if ours was a "deluxe", I hate to think!
The bathroom was very sparse (no shelves, no hooks, etc.). For one night it was fine - don't know if I would spend a vacation there, although, if you want to be walking distance from nice restaurants and bars, I guess its not bad.

Room Tip: Ask the size of the room - the king deluxe was tiny!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Tonight is the last night of my stay here at Casablanca hotel and I am very sad to be leaving. This was the best hotel we could have picked. So close to everything. The staff here is also amazing. From the moment I walked in with my family I felt welcomed. Thanks Cynthia, Natalie and Adam. Special special thanks to Juan! He's the best. He told us some great local spots to go to and we were never disappointed. I can't wait to come back.

Stayed July 2014

Been to CasaBlanca Hotel? Share your experiences!