“Good poker room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in San Juan
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Good poker room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

If you use express checkout, no problems there. Pool deck was nice rooms clean and neat. In line for its star rating. Large casino which I was surprised I visit p.r. 2 days a month never stayed here. Would go back had a Omaha poker table, hard to find, and nightly tournaments.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Laura R, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 8, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay. We look forward to connecting with you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

The only down fall was checking in, our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 1pm and the front desk girl said she would call us when ready and gave us a key so we could go sit pool side and eat while we waited. She said room should be ready in 30 minutes. I wish I had gotten her name though because she never called and when we went back down to front desk her shift was apparently over and didn't even tell the next girl that came on that we were waiting for our room. She however was great gave us a room right away and even upgraded us. Our room was great 1015 very clean and a great view. Housekeeping was great. Choices was amazing, the pork chop to die for! The Chinese restaurant not so much just average. Casino was good and so was lounge. The best part of the hotel was the pool side bartender Roberto and waitress Rebecca!!! Roberto gave us tips on where to go, what to see and best ways to save on trip and still see everything. Both Roberto and Rebecca were beyond friendly and pleasant. The concierges were also friendly and always available to answer our questions. Overall with the exception of the one female front desk girl with curly hair, who also never looked anywhere but right at her computer to offer anyone help or answer questions, our stay there was wonderful. We are definitely returning next year to Puerto Rico and our place to stay will be with this hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

We are very glad to learn that your recent stay at our property was a pleasant one. We will commend our associates for their great service and we look forward to connecting with you during your next stay.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I've stayed in room 909 on July 2nd through on July 5th. My son Daelen and I had an Amazing time. He is almost four years of age so the pool deck was great for him since it's safe and very clean. Two names come to mind on why i will return to this property. Luis who brought a fridge to my room was very friendly and resourceful. Second person was Lizbeth from the pool bar. She was so friendly and just made you feel comfortable and that she cared.
This hotel is not at the beach but it's only a six minutes taxi ride. If you are looking for a room with two beds ask for room 909. It had a lot of space and you'd be looking at the pool and the bay.
I ate a delicious rye-bye steak that was probably the best i've tasted in PR at the restaurant on the main level. Give a shout out to Luis and Lizbeth. I felt that the front desk gives you text service as if they didn't want to connect with the clients.

I will return with my entire family next time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We are very glad to know that you had a memorable stay with your son. Our associates will be recognized for their great service. We look forward to welcoming you during your next visit.
Arecibo, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This hotel even when is a Sheraton brand hotel they are a mess on their logistics. Me and my wife arrived there for a two nights stay from July 18 to July 20.

First of all is that we were treated different since we made our reservation trough Priceline, you can feel the difference on the way they treat you.

Even when the guy at the front desk told me the bottled water and the internet in the room was "complimentary" at the checkout I got a daily fee, when I asked the guy at the checkout for that fee he told me was a fee to cover, internet, bottle waters and other extras, which mean is not complimentary at all!

The checkout process was a mess, the hotel administration allowed a Government convention on their hotel for the whole weekend, and the last day a strike hit the hotel facilities. All the doors were closed, just 1 door was left to access the hotel from the outside by the hotel guests. The hotel was rounded by cops, around 50 of them! Once we were able to enter that morning after coming from breakfast into the hotel to take our bags and do the checkout, we were not able to exit the hotel because of the strike. There was no hotel staff available to guide the guests, all we saw were cops and more cops outside and inside. I had to wait around 25 minutes to get out of the hotel by the kitchen area, because the strike hijacked the whole hotel staff, convention members and hotel guests. Once I am able to reach the kitchen exit door, that back door was blocked by strike participants. We had to wait for cops to arrive there and escort us, on the middle of the process I was hit by a cop and a strike participant. After all of this story, I finally was able to get our from that hotel. They put the hotel guest security at risk and they preferred to hold a convention to earn money, better than avoid problems like these, because they were aware that the probability to have a strike that weekend was very high because the social problems Puerto Rico is facing. I told my wife, that was our first and last stay there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DominiqueHaacke, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Reivde,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us.

Your past stay at our hotel was definitely not a Sheraton experience as we had a group of protesters try to enter our facilities without prior notification. We were not expecting such an event to happen, however we followed all of our security protocols in order to keep our guests safe and out of harms way.

Please know we will be addressing your concerns on the communication of the amenities included in the room. We always strive to be consistent in our service delivery and aim to be #1 in customer satisfaction.

We hope that these events did not affect your confidence in our brand and invite you to come back to visit us in the future.
Riverview, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Had a good time. But our first room wasn't good. Our second room was much better. It is a nice hotel but far from Old San Juan and the beaches. Will stay by Isla Verde. The hotel was nice and clean. But had to be asked to be moved. The 2nd room was better. The wait times for front desk was too long they need more people working.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

We value your feedback and will address your concerns with the corresponding departments. We look forward to connecting with you in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Booked this hotel a month in advance and stayed Sat-Tues. Was assigned a bay view room next to elevator on the 12th floor but had been delayed an hour by unavailability upon check in from previous guests. Front desk agent gave me a drink/food credit voucher for waiting which was a pleasant surprise. A tad noisy from elevator action but views were great after coming back tiresome from excursions. Rooms are very clean which is fabulous. Pool is decent to relax at, food and service at either restaurants are excellent, casino tables are fairly sparse but all in all i would definitely revisit.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
MariaVInf, Management Representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear jill v,

We appreciate your review about your recent stay with us. It is with great joy to know that you enjoyed your time here. We're glad to know that the service, food and amenities met your expectatives. We definitely look forward to your next stay with us.

Best!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I traveled to San Juan with a girlfriend and this destination was a first for us both. I'm somewhere in the middle with my feelings about this property. There were some really pleasing parts about my stay, but I was not fully satisfied upon checking out. The check in was really lengthy, like 10 minutes in line and 20 minutes working with a representative lengthy. The public areas were very nice, beautiful decor, architecture and the pool area is like I've never seen...amazing. There are at least 4 different restaurants in the hotel, as well as a bar and casino. We ate at the lobby restaurant called Choices and our food was very tasty, but pricey. Room service is available and prompt but pricey also. Housekeeping was a hit or miss during our time here. They only came twice during our 4 night stay. In general, the employees are friendly and accommodating, but not extremely resourceful. If you plan on resting, this isn't the place. There were kids running in the halls on my floor as early as 6am and the drapes are open for the sun to gleam in even when they are fully drawn. The location is subpar for those wanting to visit San Juan leisurely. It is about a 10-15 minute cab ride to Old San Juan at $15-20 a ride. We ended up spending far more on getting around than I would have liked. My main problem with this property was that we arrived a day late due to airline incompetence. Our reservation was prepaid and we missed an entire night. Despite several efforts, the hotel management was not willing to refund the unused night or even provide an in-house credit. To me, this was an easy fix for one who would have considered staying again under different circumstances. Bottom line for me is find out the policy for unused nights, get the insurance through your travel company, the booking site and even your airlines if you plan to stay here. Disregarding the money we paid for the night we missed was unacceptable.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Joel R, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Jasmin F,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. Your comments will definitely be considered in our efforts of improving our service delivery to our guests. We hope we can have another opportunity to provide with the distinguished service experience we strive to deliver to each one of our hotel guests.

Best regards,

Joel Rojas
Guest Services Manager

Been to Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!