I staid in this hotel a few days ago (from July the 6th to the 8th, 2013) in an accessible room.
- Great balcony view from 4th and over floors. From the 6th it was spectacular. You could see the Centro de Convenciones Pedro Rosselló, the Carnival Cruise Lines and Royal Caribbean cruises, the port, the bay, the sea a small airport, among others.
- Taxi / cab services are 24/7 available
- 24/7 parking
- Valet parking
- 24/7 room service
- 24/7 dining at your room services
- 24/7 security
- Infinity pool
- Beautiful views and deck
- Seconds from Old San Juan, Central Park / San Juan Natatorium / Tennis / Golf and Condado hotels area.
- Very near from 24/7 places, bars, hote lobbies, night clubs, restaurants, shopping, etc.
- If you want to go to a concert you're already in the Convention Ceneter District and a minute or three away in a cab from the Coliseo Jose Miguel Agrelot.
- In front they have Ficus Cafe and at the right corner, outside, Texas de Brazil. A new experience.
- The lobby is BEAUTIFUL.
- Food and beverages are great.
- For as low as $62.00 per night (we found a great last minute one time discount via internet vs $229 more or less, we couldn't complain at all... )
- Excellent lobby welcoming front desk service.
- I calles about 4 times the front desk service. Two times I was treated very nicely and the other two very unpleasantly.
- When we arrived there was apparently a security issue with a man who apparently was or was not a hotel guest and security personnel was in the sixth floor TRYING to control an apparent violent situation. We were very nervous. We could hear that man (the apparent guest) yelling out loud to the security personnel, walking back and forth the hallway. I was horrorized, shaking inside of my room not knowing if I could open the door or not in order to continue taking my things from the parking lot to the room. It was very uncomfortable and unsafe. We couldn't even walk freely the hallway because when I opened the door the last thing I expected was to see the mad violent man coming back again yelling out loud to the security staff, and there I was, in the very middle of the situation. THAT's A NO NO. They should have taken him IMMEDIATLY OUT OF THE HOTEL. That man was seriously risking the guests safety. You never know who's who and what can they do after such a violent conduct.
- We asked for a full accessible room which was great, but it had a safety serious concern: the accessible sit inside the rolling shower is almost outside of the wall. The cloves where almost completely outside of the concrete and the safety sit/tube/grabs from the wall where falling apart. When I sat, I always was afraid of falling in the shower's floor. My fiancé and I had accidents with it a few times.
- A breakfast for two will cost you about $50.00 (scrambled eggs, bacon, regular toast, coffee w/milk and an orange juice).
- You'll have to pay for the 24/7 self parking lot even if you're a guest. (If you don't ask, you will never know it is just $16.00 per day as their lowest price available for guests, instead of pay per hour parking --- sadly we were informed too late the parking costs are FREE if you play about an hour in their casino. Take a chance and they will give you a $10-$20 complimentary casino player card, spend an hour having fun and get the free parking all day, every day).
- The room service team NEVER placed a garbage bag inside the bathroom trash can in the entire weekend of our stay. Bacteria and viruses from body residuals are the most dangerous due healthy matters. I can't stop thinking about the fact that we arrived and left the trash can in the same status: without a trash bag. Those are cleaning basics. That's nasty... :(
- When we arrived the bed's comforter and sheets already had pen alike stains that were easy to see from a distance the moment we came in. They never changed them during our three days / two nights stay. I don't want to think we were received with the same bed clothing from the past guests... :S
- Same with the carpets. A few undesirable stains...
- The balcony was always dirty. :(
- One day they would place two bottles of water, two coffee-ready filters... and another day just one. ???
- In the pool area I only saw ONE person asking the clients for drinks.
- In the same area I saw sometimes two staff members for towels all alone and were ALWAYS running out of towels. Management: staff members in the same area should be trained to do cross training / work / team work. If there's a lack of personnel serving in the pool or there are never towels enough to meet the demand, maybe you need them to be more people & client service oriented there from one time to another. We had to wait half an hour or more for a towel, they walked by our side and would keep walking. Many of us felt unattended their.
- Texas de Brasil is the 'new kid on the block' restaurant near the hotel at the CC Boulevard's corner, and although they cook great and fresh Brazilian style meats, their costs are out of this planet. I would suggest to try other Condado restaurants which are GREAT and less expensive. You can also try the Ficus Restaurant in front of the hotel. They serve GREAT Mexican food and sweets for less. Try the fried ice creams.
- One of the elevators always left me inside, going up and down between two floors and scared me to h***. :S
All in all a great hotel with beautiful views and nearby places, we had a great experience but were expecting and outstanding / excellent one. There's some room for improvement, specially in cleaning, safety, food prices and pool area customer service.
I would try it in a near future with family and friends to see if a few things have developed from this past weekend experiences.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.