“Nice and great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Walker, Louisiana
“Nice and great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here one night after arriving from a cruise. The location was ideal for touring old San Juan in the morning, relaxing during the mid day and touring again in the afternoon. The room was nice and clean. Although the view out of our window was not great, we were out walking old San Juan anyway. The bell hops were extremely helpful in storing our luggage until our room came available. We walked about San Juan and the hotel called our phone when the room was ready. Although, a little pricey, it was still a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I staid in this hotel a few days ago (from July the 6th to the 8th, 2013) in an accessible room.

Pros:
- Great balcony view from 4th and over floors. From the 6th it was spectacular. You could see the Centro de Convenciones Pedro Rosselló, the Carnival Cruise Lines and Royal Caribbean cruises, the port, the bay, the sea a small airport, among others.
- Taxi / cab services are 24/7 available
- 24/7 parking
- Valet parking
- 24/7 room service
- 24/7 dining at your room services
- 24/7 security
- Infinity pool
- Beautiful views and deck
- Seconds from Old San Juan, Central Park / San Juan Natatorium / Tennis / Golf and Condado hotels area.
- Very near from 24/7 places, bars, hote lobbies, night clubs, restaurants, shopping, etc.
- If you want to go to a concert you're already in the Convention Ceneter District and a minute or three away in a cab from the Coliseo Jose Miguel Agrelot.
- In front they have Ficus Cafe and at the right corner, outside, Texas de Brazil. A new experience.
- The lobby is BEAUTIFUL.
- Food and beverages are great.
- For as low as $62.00 per night (we found a great last minute one time discount via internet vs $229 more or less, we couldn't complain at all... )
- Excellent lobby welcoming front desk service.

Cons:
- I calles about 4 times the front desk service. Two times I was treated very nicely and the other two very unpleasantly.
- When we arrived there was apparently a security issue with a man who apparently was or was not a hotel guest and security personnel was in the sixth floor TRYING to control an apparent violent situation. We were very nervous. We could hear that man (the apparent guest) yelling out loud to the security personnel, walking back and forth the hallway. I was horrorized, shaking inside of my room not knowing if I could open the door or not in order to continue taking my things from the parking lot to the room. It was very uncomfortable and unsafe. We couldn't even walk freely the hallway because when I opened the door the last thing I expected was to see the mad violent man coming back again yelling out loud to the security staff, and there I was, in the very middle of the situation. THAT's A NO NO. They should have taken him IMMEDIATLY OUT OF THE HOTEL. That man was seriously risking the guests safety. You never know who's who and what can they do after such a violent conduct.
- We asked for a full accessible room which was great, but it had a safety serious concern: the accessible sit inside the rolling shower is almost outside of the wall. The cloves where almost completely outside of the concrete and the safety sit/tube/grabs from the wall where falling apart. When I sat, I always was afraid of falling in the shower's floor. My fiancé and I had accidents with it a few times.
- A breakfast for two will cost you about $50.00 (scrambled eggs, bacon, regular toast, coffee w/milk and an orange juice).
- You'll have to pay for the 24/7 self parking lot even if you're a guest. (If you don't ask, you will never know it is just $16.00 per day as their lowest price available for guests, instead of pay per hour parking --- sadly we were informed too late the parking costs are FREE if you play about an hour in their casino. Take a chance and they will give you a $10-$20 complimentary casino player card, spend an hour having fun and get the free parking all day, every day).
- The room service team NEVER placed a garbage bag inside the bathroom trash can in the entire weekend of our stay. Bacteria and viruses from body residuals are the most dangerous due healthy matters. I can't stop thinking about the fact that we arrived and left the trash can in the same status: without a trash bag. Those are cleaning basics. That's nasty... :(
- When we arrived the bed's comforter and sheets already had pen alike stains that were easy to see from a distance the moment we came in. They never changed them during our three days / two nights stay. I don't want to think we were received with the same bed clothing from the past guests... :S
- Same with the carpets. A few undesirable stains...
- The balcony was always dirty. :(
- One day they would place two bottles of water, two coffee-ready filters... and another day just one. ???
- In the pool area I only saw ONE person asking the clients for drinks.
- In the same area I saw sometimes two staff members for towels all alone and were ALWAYS running out of towels. Management: staff members in the same area should be trained to do cross training / work / team work. If there's a lack of personnel serving in the pool or there are never towels enough to meet the demand, maybe you need them to be more people & client service oriented there from one time to another. We had to wait half an hour or more for a towel, they walked by our side and would keep walking. Many of us felt unattended their.
- Texas de Brasil is the 'new kid on the block' restaurant near the hotel at the CC Boulevard's corner, and although they cook great and fresh Brazilian style meats, their costs are out of this planet. I would suggest to try other Condado restaurants which are GREAT and less expensive. You can also try the Ficus Restaurant in front of the hotel. They serve GREAT Mexican food and sweets for less. Try the fried ice creams.
- One of the elevators always left me inside, going up and down between two floors and scared me to h***. :S

All in all a great hotel with beautiful views and nearby places, we had a great experience but were expecting and outstanding / excellent one. There's some room for improvement, specially in cleaning, safety, food prices and pool area customer service.

I would try it in a near future with family and friends to see if a few things have developed from this past weekend experiences.

• Stayed July 2013
DOMIHAA, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
travelqueenpr,

It was a pleasure speaking with you over the phone and on behalf of our team we thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us.

As you know we have already addressed the security situation and I have shared your concerns on the room with our Director of Engineering.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I had checked in on a Thursday. We had stayed at the pool all day which had tons of locals at it, it was over crowded. Thursday night we were awoken many times due to dogs barking in the room next to us after calling the front desk at about 12am, they said they would control it . ( we never were told it was a pet friendly hotel). Throughout the night nothing was done and the dogs kept barking. They told us they would change our room to right above the dogs which made no sense because they would still be heard but informed us they would be leaving that day. We had no more issues In this case. The other thing that brought a very negative attitude was that the hotels website advertises a full casino with games that are not available there such as 3 card poker and texas hold em . Lastly when we went to check out we got our bill. Luckily I was smart enough to look over it because there were over $100 in charges that WERE NOT OURS!!! The hotel staff does not ask you for id when charging things to the room which I believe will continue to cause major problems. All in all when bringing this to a managers attention they refunded the charges which weren't ours which took over an hour and extended our stay for a late check out the day of departure. I think it was a bit hard to give this hotel a good rating with all these issues in a short stay of 4 nights. If you are looking for a hotel with peace and quiet and a relaxing atmosphere I do not suggest this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DominiqueHaacke, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
dee s,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I would like to apologize on behalf of our team for any discomfort you may have experienced during your stay with us. Please know that your concerns have been shared with our management team. We will be reviewing current policies and procedures related to the matters in your comments to ensure they are rectified if necessary.

We thank you once again for your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel is a short drive from the airport. I arrived about 1.5 hours before the 3 p.m. check-in time. There was no line, and the room was available.

We stayed in a standard king room with city view that also had view of ocean and cruise ship port. Room was very clean, they provided Starbucks coffee with in room coffee maker and 2 bottles of water daily. Rooms have in-room safe, ironing board with iron, and blow-dryer. There is free Wi-Fi but it seemed very slow at times

There is a nice infinity pool with a view of the marina, the Convention Center and Old San Juan. The hot tub is large. There is a bar in the pool area with food available, the drinks seem to average $9.

Besides the pool, the property is not very kid friendly.

The casino is fairly small and consist of mostly penny slots. There is a high-limit room with around 10 $1 and $5 machines.

There are also 3 restaurants in the hotel. If wanting to venture away from the hotel, the taxis are readily available. The closest stores or other restaurants are about a 20-30 walk. If renting a car, the daily parking fee is $16 for self-park and $22 for valet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for our last 2 nights in Puerto Rico. The check-in line was pretty long and slow-moving when we arrived around 10:30am. Our room wasn't ready so we just checked in our luggage. Our room was clean and the bed was really comfortable. We stayed in a room right by the elevator...which was a little annoying when a guest from a wedding at the hotel decided to bang on our door at 1am in the morning as a prank. We were barely in the hotel room during the day so the hotel is fine if you're not spending the majority of your time in the hotel. We did not take advantage of the pool, fitness center, or bar so I can't comment on those, but we did do some gambling in the casino The location was fine because we had a rental car, but it does cost $16/day to park in the parking garage. There is also a $15/day resort fee. While the room feels clean and comfortable, you can tell the hotel is a little older because there were stains on the carpet and the bathtub faucet needed repair. Would I stay here again? Probably not unless I got a really cheap rate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lorna G, Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Hi aznevon,

Thank you for taking your time and providing feedback about our hotel. We appreciate all comments, we will be sharing them with the team and use them as an opportunity of improvement for our future guest. We are also very happy that you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed, they are truly very comfortable.

Safe travels.
Belmont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were happy with the price and location (nice way to see Old San Juan), but there were so many little things that were missing that should be a staple at a nice hotel.

The first impression was very bad. We pulled up to use the valet and you could see them just slowly walking around checking their phones while ignoring you. The next day was the same thing, had to go out of our way to get their attention and then watched them slowly walk off to get the car. No friendliness, not even a smile.

To be green they offer you Starwood (SPG) points if you tell them not to clean your room for a day. Sounded great until checkout when they refused to give us the points because we had prepaid for the stay and just said tough luck.

After our first night we were woken up by construction noise, only to receive a letter that should have been given to us upon check in about the noise (a day late). Pool was small with old chairs.

I would look for other options.

Clifton Park, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I think this was a great hotel. It looks brand new, every meal was great, and it has a nice little casino attached to it. You can take a bus for 50 cents to old san juan - it only takes about 10-15 minutes. The room was pretty nice. I loved that you could watch planes land and take off from the pool. Drinks were pretty good as well. It's about a 15-20 minute walk to condado beaches.
Few things I would improve: Needs a bigger pool, casino staff need to be a little more attentive for drinks, and a little more sound proofing for the rooms.

All in all, I would stay there again. If you have a conference at the convention center - I would DEFINITELY stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlos P, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Saludos SP123311. We appreciate all the fantastic compliments you have mentioned about our property. I fills us with great pleasure to know that our guests are enjoying their stays to the maximum. Our Infinity Pool is one of our most sought after attractions and the views are just breath taking during the evening. We wish to continue creating great memories with you and hope to welcome you soon! Regards.

Been to Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!