I went with a friend for a girls getaway. The pool area and pool bar was great. We spent 2 1/2 days of our 5 day stay poolside. The location is just not good for anything except the convention center. The taxis are not cheap for tourists. The taxi drivers are continually hasseling you to call them while still trying to rip you off. They do not use the meters. Most of the ones who actually have meter in the car do not work or they refuse to turn them on. You can walk some places, but it's at least a 20 minute walk in and back to the nearest Walgreens. If you do stay here, I would recommend renting a car. Next time I go to San Juan, I would definitely stay a resort on the beach or in Old San Juan.
The rooms were ok. We ate at Choices one night when did not feel like dealing with taxis. It was decent, but definitely nothing special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly situated amidst the Puerto Rico Convention Center facing the Bay of San Juan, our hotel will be just 10 minutes from the international airport and 5 minutes from historic Old San Juan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Starwood, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, BookIt.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel And Casino
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel San Juan