“Good Conference Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in San Juan
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Good Conference Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very good venue for holding conferences and meeting. The conference facilities, rooms were very clean and modern. Staff were friendly and spoke both English and Spanish. Great location as well in proximity to Old San Juan. The landscaping was beautiful with trees and fountains and pools as well. Security was not bad and they are somewhat eco-friendly which is good. The rooms were equip with everything required and everything worked well ( a.c, fan, sliding doors, shower etc). Great view from the room also.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lorna G, Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
RashidaBeckles,

Thank you for your time in writing your comments about our hotel. We are very grateful of your feedback and very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to having you back in Puerto Rico and safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've stayed here two times in the last year. Hotel is new and staff are warm and friendly. Had a lovely lunch at the restaurant at the end of our last visit and the food was great (service a little on the inattentive side).

Back again in a month!

Room Tip: We used our suite upgrades and the suite was lovely.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was in San Juan for a week for business and was excited to stay at this hotel - the pictures were beautiful and reviews communicated that while the location is not great, the service is.

Upon checking in, I got a beautiful room on an SPG Prefered Floor. The room service menu is good and the Chinese food restaurant was excellent, and I went there twice. However the Bell service really disappointed me. I had a cab hailed for me on my first day and the cabbie quoted (they do not run on meter) what sounded like a very high fare. I turned to the guy who hailed the cab and asked if the fare sounded, well fair. He said yes. Upon getting to work, they told me I paid double what I should have.

The next morning I first went to concierge to have them print me a map to my work so I could better negotiate how much taxi fare I should pay. There was one person in line in front of me and the concierge staff refused to even may eye contact with me while I was waiting. I certainly did not expect concierge to rush to help me, but wanted some acknowledgement. After 5ish frustrating minutes I went to the front desk and they helped me. Then I went into my cab with the map and was quoted a rate almost half of what was quoted the day before, confirming that the bell staff could not care less if their guests are being ripped off.

If work brings me back to San Juan, I will not stay at this resort. As an SPG member, there is another Sheraton in Old San Juan with more favorable reviews that will get my business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I use the resort primarily for work so don't get to use the amenities as much. On my last trip I thought I left something in the room the rep was so pleasant he sent someone to the room and called back within 5 minuits. These are the things that stand out.

• Stayed May 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have been to the Sheraton for the last two consecutive weeks both for business and pleasure. The room had a superb view of the bay and upgrading to the use of the club lounge is worth every penny. We tried other restaurants in the property but we mos say, Choices remains the best. Our bellboy Eric was great and so were the people at the reception counter. The management team at Choices, Elsie, Wilfredo and now Sujeily cannot be beat by any!!! Try the tortilla soup or the vegetable curry soup made by chef Bartolo, is to die for. The new "tablita pa' picar" is excellent, with delicious cheeses, cold cuts and fresh fruits. The House Salad is a must and also a must are the mojitos from Jose at the bar. We were delighted also by the service of Natalio and the hosting of Keyla. Yep, we will go back soon!

Room Tip: Look for rooms facing the San Juan Bay from the eight floor on.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
JesusHuertas,

Thank you for your time and your great comments about our hotel and staff. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your time here with us and look forward to seeing you and hearing from you again.

Safe travels.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Proactive, excellent service in the hotel. Staff anticipates needs and is accommodating, and will go the extra mile to ensure that your needs are addressed. Rooms are clean and comfortable, and rooms are serviced on a timely basis, which is not as commonplace as it should be in the Caribbean. If you use this hotel as a base for exploration of the island with a car, the location is suitable, and offers easy access to highways. For the convention center, this is a top-notch hotel.

If you prefer to be able to walk to beaches and tourist areas, most would not consider those within "walking distance." If you shop wisely, a day's car rental is less expensive than a single cab fare at night. If you go the rental route, free parking along the street is an economical alternative to the hotel self/valet parking. A Walmart and Walgreens are just a few minutes away by car.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool/convention center side--the other side of the property overlooks an unkep...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were planning a Carnival cruise and accidentally booked the Sheraton hotel at the convention center and not the one in Old San Juan. We met others that made this same mistake. I can tell you that it still was a good place to stay. The negative edge pool was warm and relaxing and across the street from the hotel was Ficus, a bar and restaurant that had great evening music and food. They even offer take out which we then took back to the pool and enjoyed.

The hotel has a nice restaurant and the rooms where comfortable and nice. The casino was small but clean and was almost as exciting as a small Vegas casino.

If you are taking a trip on Royal Caribbean or Celebrity then this hotel is the closer of the two Sheratons but if you are taking a Carnival cruise you will want to make sure you book the Sheraton in Old San Juan and not the convention center.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple