“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars

4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 days and used it as a home base between my travels to Rincon and viesques island. It's a brand new hotel with amazing outdoor sunning space with a infinity pool. Not sure why ppl wrote that it was dirty, I don't see how that coud even be possible given it is a brand new hotel. It's your standard 4 star luxury hotel. The restaurant choices sucks but the Mexican right across the street called ficus is really delish with a nice outdoor seating area. The casino is small but is not smokey and gross like all the other casinos in San Juan. I've stayed at the el San Juan before and the rooms are disgusting and it reeks of smoke through out the hotel. The Sheraton is smoke free. There's no beach access but its a few miles away, but lets be honest... The beaches in San Juan are terrible! Dirty brown imported dirt they call sand! Def drive 45 mins to Culebra or viesques or a few hours to isabela or Rincon or even Rojas for beaches. Viesques island was a fav stop on the trip so def check that out and read the rest of my posts for recommendations. Overall a great hotel!! I would def stay again, the customer service def needs work tho! Every time I called the operator or concierge I was on hold for a really long time. Also the front desk person didn't even know the street names around the hotel were..... They def need to step it up a little in that department.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Michel-Notten, Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Whitney G, We thank you for sharing your experience with us. Both positive feedback and feedback for improvement is important to us. I do want to apologize for some of the inconveniences experienced while you were with us. Customer Service is our main focus as this is the crucial connection between the facilities and our guests. We continuously look for opportunities to improve our processes. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when your travel takes you back to San Juan so we can show you how the complete Sheraton Puerto Rico experience should feel like (michel.notten@sheraton.com). Warm regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Bridgewater, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

On the advice of a travel agent we arrived on Friday for a Sunday to Sunday cruise. This is a very relaxing and convenient hotel. The pool is very nice. There is a large hot tub that waterfalls into a 6" pool, and a 10' high x 1' wide stream of water cascades into that same 6" pool. The kids can splash around in there while you soak in the hot tub. This is adjacent to a convention center so things may get crowded, and they had another smaller convention here at the hotel when we were here. The Casino is pretty bland, some slots and a few table games, no real poker just Pai Gow and 3 card.

Room Tip: Even numbers (like 938/940 where we were) face roughly southeast, view is a vacant lot and $99 apart...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear TwilightChrome, We would like to thank you for this great review. Its nice to hear that your kids enjoyed the water fountain & splash pool while you indulged in the hot tub. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future! Warm regards
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Hotel is beautiful and elegant; staff is professional, courteous and accommodating. Located next to a gorgeous convention center and near a pier; but it's not walking distance of anything else.
Pool area is gorgeous, with a beautiful view of the convention center and the pier. Unfortunately, pool bar/restaurant closes early, so I didn't get a chance to eat there.
Besides the hotel restaurants, there are 2 options next to the hotel: a Texas de Brazil and an open-air Tex-Mex restaurant-bar between the hotel and the convention center; both very good, but Texas de Brazil is rather expensive.
Rooms were very clean, comfortable and luxurious; with everything I needed to make my stay lovely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Eldisplicente, Thank you for the fantastic review and wonderful comments! We are glad to hear that you were able to try out the various F&B options in and around the hotel. Our apologies for the closure of the Pool bar & grill. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Warm regards
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I spent three lovely days and nights at this hotel. This hotel is located a block away from the Convention Center but that is not the only reason to visit it. The room itself was large and beautifully done. The bed and bedding was luxurious. The bathroom shower/bathtub was a pleasure.

The pool area is lovely. There is an outdoor bar with very friendly staff and good food. It is located on the Fourth Floor pool deck and the infinity pool has a great view of the port and surrounding area. At night the city lights up and with the perfect weather it is truly spectacular.

The Choices restaurant located in the lobby provided some of the best food on my entire trip. I know most hotel restaurants are mediocre at best. But that is not true of Choices. The food is truly gourmet at very reasonable prices. The breakfast menu is particularly yummy. Their version of Eggs Benedict was fabulous and flavorful with a slightly Latin twist.

I've noted that other reviewers complained of the hotel being too far from other attractions. But to me getting on the local bus was part of the fun. Seventy five cents and 20 minutes later I was in Old San Juan. Every one along the way was friendly and helpful. The Concierge at the hotel was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area and attractions.

The hotel has a casino in it which makes visiting Puerto Rico so much fun! The Lobby Bar is lovely with live entertainment. The band that was playing on two separate occasions was really good.

Later in my trip I decided to move to a Hotel closer to the beaches and I really wished I had not done so. I would rather have stayed at the Sheraton and travel a bit to get to the beaches then suffer with the room and food at the other hotel.

Room Tip: The Higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Carlos P, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience with us carries943. We are very exited to learn that you were able to get the most out of your stay and enjoy the Sheraton Puerto Rico to the maximum. For your next trip to Puerto Rico, we recommend you trying Texas de Brazil and China Club, both next to the Casino to enhance your dining options and also nourish your palate. We hope to keep creating wonderful memories for you and your loved ones and see you soon on your next trip to Puerto Rico.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Good corporate hotel, new and all the expected amenities for SPG. Great pool area and lobby bar.
Be aware that hotel is not near any main areas and for decent restaurants you will need to drive or take a taxi.
Staff is very friendly and will recommend places to go.

• Stayed March 2013
Carlos P, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your compliments Gemsinvestments! We will be expecting you soon to keep treating you with the top notch service we are known for. Warm regards.
Miami, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

When I first got there, I thought the hotel was very nice looking. Then I went to the bar at the poolside, the food was disgusting and they automatically add tip to the bill, I hated that. We didn't have the usual mini bar in our room, so I couldn't heat up food I had purchased the next day and threw it in the garbage in the hallway. I got there Thursday and left Sunday, Our room wasn't cleaned not once, and the food I had previously thrown away on Friday in the hall was still there. How disgusting!!! Never staying there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Crissii A, First of all I would like to thank you for posting your review and advising us about your experience with us. I am so sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to Food & Beverage service and Housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed your comments and we are looking at the processes and quality checks to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future. Again, we are terribly sorry that your first experience with us at the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel and Casino was not a good one. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience. Warm regards
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed one night before leaving on a cruise. The hotel is located a few minutes' taxi ride from the cruise ship docks, and about ten-fifteen minutes' ride from the sightseeing attractions and restaurants of Old San Juan. The attached casino was closed when we were there. The city's new convention center is across the street; otherwise, there is not much to do or see in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. Our room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast (included in our room rate) was quite good. This hotel is on the expensive side, but the quality of the accommodation was good. No complaints.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear EpicureanLawyer, Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your pre-cruise stay with us and hope that you had a great experience on the cruise ship and in the Caribbean! I assume you stayed with us over Good Friday. Unfortunately all the casino's on the island of PR are closed by law regulation over Good Friday from Thursday midnight until Saturday noon. Greetings from the Sheraton team!

Been to Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!