“Nice hotel. Terrible location.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #12 of 46 hotels in San Juan
“Nice hotel. Terrible location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I am just about to check out of Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel and Casino.

My friends and I decided to stay a night here after our cruise to explore San Juan.

The hotel overall is extremely nice. The infinity pool was great and we had a pretty nice standard room. The service was good. Had a really nice lady in the front to great us and friendly bell boys.

The hotel aside, location was horrible. We wanted to go sightseeing but it is no where near anything good. We went to Condado to see the beach and that cost $15 taxi ride just to get there. We did not want to pay again to we decided to walk back since the receptionist said it was only a 10 minute walk. The walk back to our hotel took us half an hour. The location also makes it hard to find other places to deliver or somewhere to eat outside.

The only time I would recommend to use this hotel to others is if you are considering a one night stay and not planning to explore the city. Just be aware that taxi rides add up pretty quickly.

• Stayed February 2013
jessica_rodriguez, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Buenos dias Alphoo. Thank you for your time to review your stay at our hotel. I am pleased to read that you think the hotel is extremely nice! That is a big compliment for us. The Convention District where the hotel is located is a developing area. We do have public busses departing at the Convention Center that take you to either Condado/Isla Verde and the beaches or Old San Juan for $0.75 each way. They depart every 20 minutes.

If there is anything I can do to assist you for your next stay, please contact me directly at miriam.lauers@sheraton.com. We hope to welcome you again on your next stay.
Warm regards, Miriam Lauers on behalf of Jessica Rodriguez

927 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate at the choice restaurant in the hotel. The food was fantastic and the waiter went above and beyond to care for us. Gabrielle was our waiter, he made us feel right at home, especially after being on two different fights for 10 hours and only having an apple and hard boiled egg that morning at 0430 and peanuts on the planes throughout due to running from one flight to the other....thank you very much Gabrielle for your kindness!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear NaeNae17, thank you very much for writing about your experience at our restaurant Choices. We are happy to hear you liked the service of Gabrielle and thank you for providing his name to us. See you soon at the Choices restaurant.
Smithtown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on a recent business trip. The hotel is conveniently located adjacent to the convention center. It's a nice looking hotel. My room was nice and clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff was very friendly. I had a problem with the air conditioner in my room on the day I arrived and had to be relocated to another room but it was painless. I made use of the fitness center which was actually pretty nice, especially compared to the average hotel fitness center. Plenty of tremills, free weights and machines. The outdoor pool area is nice although you are overlooking a private airport with constant flights from helicopters and small planes but you also can see docked boats, yachts & cruise ships. I ate at the hotels restaurant called Choices and the food was good. I also ate lunch from the poolside bar/restaurant one day and had the fish taco which was very good. The hotel has a decent size casino. The only real drawback to this hotel is that there is nothing surrounding this hotel at all. You will need to take a taxi to do anything.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Vincentsfather, what a great review for our hotel! Thank you very much for your appreciation and taking the time to share. I am happy to hear you enjoyed all the facilities the hotel has to offer. Hopefully we can connect with you soon on your next trip to Puerto Rico.
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

In general I must say that I had a good sejour!

However, small details like dust, dirty windows, dirty corridor ect need to be improved!

I ask for a razor at the reception as I forgot mine and it took more than 4 hours to get me one!

Room are big with nice brightness!

Starbucks coffee are provide in the room and teas!

Very nice swimming pool with good view!

The concierge is very helpful and give you good advise!

And if you don't want to spend to much money in taxi take the bus 21 or 53 how take you to old San Juan, Condando and Isla Verde! Bus take only coins that will cost you only $0.75 and not $15 from the taxi! Every 20min you will find the bus in front of the convention centre.

Dear Brusselssprout188644,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your stay at our hotel. I am happy that you liked it so much. However, I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of the hotel was not what you expected and we are definitely going to take this up to Housekeeping management. Whenever you decide to visit Puerto Rico again all the way from Brussels, we hope we can welcome you again at our hotel. Warm regards from Puerto Rico.

Miriam Lauers on behalf of Jessica Rodriguez
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed here for a full week on business.
Ratio quality to price is really great.
Their executive floor is great, both inside and the terrace (wonderful, gorgeous views). In enjoyed it both for breakfast and snacks in the late afternoon.
Rooms are on the small side, but quite modern, well kept, very clean.
The only thing that I would say about this hotel is that the walls are paper thin... I stayed here with a team of 8, and 5 of us had to change rooms because of noisy neighbours. And even when my neighbours were not having a party, I could hear their TV...
Also, if you are staying on vacation, this might not be the ideal hotel because of the location. On the other hand though, the hotel has a beautiful and big exterior swimming pool.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't have neighbours, as the walls are quite thin....
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Goodday Couplewithtwobabies.
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino to stay on your business trip. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed one of our executive rooms with the beautiful view as well as the infinity pool overlooking the bay. We do regret that your team had to do room changes because of the noise of neighbors. We aim for an excellent and comfortable stay for every guest and try to manage the noise of other guests as much as possible.
Hopefully we can welcome you back on your next stay at the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino.
Carolina, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stay at the sheraton convention ,we stay only one night , perfect nights great service at lobby bar nice 80' party good service special thank to Maria & elsie excellent services.
Great place.I recommend this hotel for you future travel at San Juan Puerto Rico.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you Lorja for giving us such a good review of our hotel. We hope to connect with you soon on your next stay.
Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We booked this hotel through Hotwire and are actually still here for another day. The location is a bit off course unless you have a rental car or want to rent a cab. There are a few restaurants within the hotel - A chinese restaurant, Texas de Brazil (VERY pricey) and their own restaurant, Choices. Across the street is a little Mexican restaurant, Ficus. As opposed to other 4 star hotels, the amenities here are to the bone. There is no refrigerator in the room to keep your complimentary water cold. We totally agree with conservation and took them up on their $5.00 coupon per day for each day we go without housekeeping. We only got two of 4 coupons and had to talk to staff to get the other two. The worse experience came last night when my sister who was showering, fell in the tub due to lack of rubber mat or textured bottom with anti-slippage properties. We filled out an incident report and they finally gave us a non-slip mat for the tub but only after we had to ask twice. The first time, we were given a plain terrycloth bath mat. It was after we approached someone from housekeeping that we got the proper mat. If you are wanting a hotel massage, it'll cost you. Prices are exuberant for spa services. The best service in the entire hotel comes from the staff at Choices restaurant. We eat breakfast there daily and had dinner there as well. Mark Anthony Rodriguez is quite remarkable as is Vanessa, the morning waitress. The beds and pillows are comfortable. Room safe is convenient. Because of the above and the fact that it is not in close distance to a beach, probably would look for another place to stay for another visit to Puerto Rico.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear LoveSolaris, first of all thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience of your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you chose to participate in our Green Choice program, and I do apologize that the follow up on this wasn’t what you expected. I am very sorry to hear that your sister fell in the bath tub and I hope she is doing all right.

Thank you for your appreciation of or staff members at the Choices restaurant, we will definitely let them know that you praised their service. I do hope to see you back at the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, because your visit is really important to us. Warm regards from San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Been to Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!