“bamboobei and gustazos” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“bamboobei and gustazos”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I bought a promotion from gustazos for this restaurant, the offer was two plates of paella a plate of entrees and two pitcher of sangria for $24.00, for my surprise the sangria wasn't sangria was koolaid the red one the entrees was nothing similar that the one they show at the promotion the rice wasn't paella and I thing they gave to us the leftover from the day before were they had an activity for the first lady of pr. not just that when my husband went to paid for a drink and a coconut water the bill with the tax and tip Was around $50.00.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“nice taste, not so nice manager”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

I went to the restaurant with my husband and it took me going to the kitchen and calling the restaurant from my table to get service after 40 minutes. They didn't have rice nor sweet plantains and the manager wanted to charge us extra even though it wasn't our fault. I saw a lot of people walk out of there because they got tired of waiting. The portions were very small and not worth the price. The churrasco was very chewy but the mofongo was tasty. My appetizer never came and the food took about 40 minutes. I saw one of the waitress drinking wine while on the job. This place is very embarrassing to the Puerto Rican race, and I am Puerto Rican.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Carolina, Puerto Rico
“Horrible service experience ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I just held my wedding @ Bamboobei. The service from the restaurant staff and the owner was horrible. Despite the fact that we gave the owner advance notification of our reception plans, the times that the guest were going to arrive and we paid him in advance for all the services that were to be rendered, we ecountered so many problems with the restaurant that day that almost blewed the wedding! First, the decorator we hired to fix up the place found the dirty, full of beer bottles in the floor. The decorator had to clean the place before decorating it. At noon, only one kitchen employee and a waiter (which appeared to be a minor) were only at the place, for a reception that was to begin at 1:00 pm.

Second, despite we prepaid the cocktail appetizers, main entrees, juices and sodas, it took to the restaurant staff over 2 hours to serve the cocktail and the juices. My guest were waiting 2 hours just for a few trays of appetizers! When we found the owner and asked him what was happening, he just blamed on us for not having a coordinator. A coordinator does not prepare food items or drinks!

Third, we asked for a mimosa for the toast, they never prepared it. Instead, they served just the champagne.

Fourth, the main entrees came out late. I must admit that the food tasted good. However, as part of the main course we paid for 6 jars of sangria to be on the table. The sangria was never delivered to the guests tables, instead, they had to ask for glasses in the bar. My estimate was that only three jars of sangria were served.

In summary, this restaurant is being operating understaff, and the service to the guests is really bad. The owner has mood swings and he simply excused himself by saying that last night they had a big venue and didn't had time to prepare the place for our reception. I DON'T recommend this place whatsoever.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Fantastic, Awesome, Pro!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

We arrived late afternoon and stayed till late dawn. The views are spectacular from either sides: deck, sand, indoors, etc. A must for a stop over: Music, food, drinks and Views! Call if you want to attend when entertainment is on..other than that, feel free to entertain yourselves! Great place!

• Visited September 2010
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Puerto Rico
“My favorite restaurant in Piñones P.R.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

well prices, excellent food and service, amazing ocean view, finally a great experience