“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Suwanee, Georgia
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Convention center. We wanted to see old San Juan. It was way too early in AM. The locals suggested this restaurant for breakfast. The food was served fast, tasted great, it was way too cheap and got to mingle wth the locals. Strongly suggested.

Visited February 2013

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Cafe Mallorca - It's NOT all that : (”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

What a disappointment. Had lunch there, I ordered a ruben sandwich ate half, took the other half with me. My friend ordered chicken soup, I make better soup than that. I also ordered 4 mallorcas and 2 merenges to give to a family member, ate one mallorca and it tasted OLD and Dry. I ended up getting rid of the pastry in the garbge. When I return to the hotel all of the sudden I became very ill. I inspected the sandwich and the meat looked OLD, DRY and had a funny smell, that also visit the garbage as well. That half sandwich I ate made a visit to the tolet bowl. NEVER again will I eat there.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
charlotte, North Carolina
“Dump. Don't bother unless you are broke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Tried this restaurant and were sorry we did. They were out of many things. Terrible service and mediocre food. The only thing good was that it was cheap. Don't bother.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Prescott, Arizona
“This is the place to get a Mallorca”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Lots of locals. Good Mallorcas. Very good desserts. Prices are very reasonable. Service is fast considering how busy it is. Local flavor. Not fancy. Try it. You will like it.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Dine with the locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had lunch at Cafe Mallorca today and it was fabulous! We both wanted something fairly light so we ordered the chicken soup. The chicken wasn't cut up, simply a drumstick or thigh placed in the middle of the delicious broth, which also had noodles and a few potatoes. The Pique criollo (Puerto Rican hot sauce) that was provided added a great zip to the soup. We also had freshly squeezed orange juice and lemonade. We saw many of the other dishes served to other customers and they looked great as well. Will be back for a mallorca another time. This is a diner, don't expect anything fancy, but if you are looking for an authentic and very inexpensive meal in San Juan, this is the place for you.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere