“Definitely a must do!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 106 Activities in San Juan
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Ecoquest Adventures & Tours specializes in organizing adventures and tours to interesting and exciting destinations in Puerto Rico. Ecoquest excursions include ziplining, cave-rappelling, canopy bridges and 8x8 amphibious vehicles. • CAMPO RICO ZIPLINING ADVENTURE is a half-day adventure which happens only 5 minutes away from San Juan! The adventure begins with a 15 minute hike through a beautiful subtropical forest. The tourists will trek 7 exciting canopy bridges 30 feet above the trees and glide across one of the longest ziplines in Puerto Rico measuring 1,000 feet long at 200 feet high. The 7th and last zipline will take you directly to the Mojito Bar where the tourists will enjoy a delicious puertorrican meal. • CAMPO RICO CAVE RAPPELLING & ZIPLINING SAFARI is a half-day adventure in breathtaking Hacienda Campo Rico, 5 minutes away from San Juan. This one-of-a-kind adventure starts off with an amazing ride through wetlands, mangroves and forests to the caves in amphibious vehicles. After a 10 minute moderate hike we'll rappel descending to an amazing cave. We will trek back to the amphibious vehicles and experience 3 hanging canopy bridges. The tourists will then glide across 3 exhilarating ziplines, the last one landing in the Mojito bar were the tourists will endulge a succulent puertorrican! • SAN SALVADOR RAINFOREST ADVENTURE is a full-day eco-tour in the beautiful Caguas mountains located 40 minutes away from San Juan. Enjoy nature at its best in this secluded and virgin rainforest. This hike will have you crossing amazing canyons and rivers as you take 5 exhilarating ziplines and rappel into a majestic 80 ft long waterfall. At its end, the adventurers will enjoy a mouthwatering homemade puertorrican meal. Ecoquest tours include transportation in the San Juan area, safety equipment and bilingual guides. All Ecoquest tour guides are certified in First Aid Training and Risk Management. Ecoquest ziplines are the only ones in Puerto Rico with the ACCT Certification of the United States and are inspected regularly by certified professionals. Ecoquest has received the distinction of being endorsed by the Puerto Rico's Tourism Company and the Puerto Rico Hotel & Tourism Association. Ecoquest is an active member of the Professional Ropes Course Association and the Florida-Caribbean Cruise Association. Visit our website where you can appreciate our Photo Gallery and videos of Ecoquest's fun excursions. Ecoquest reservation specialists are available 7 days a week from 8am-8pm. You can also BOOK ONLINE!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
usa
“Definitely a must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family and I spent the Christmas 2012 holiday in San Juan and everyone was excited about zip lining except for me. Well that all changed once I got to the Ecoquest tour at CampoRico. The experience was fun and exciting. I experienced a beautiful view of the surrounding area. The weather was great and the scenery was breathtaking. Kevin and Hector were the best tour guides anyone could ask for on this excursion. They are extremely friendly, fun, and very knowledgeable about the culture, landscape, safety etc…. They make sure you are comfortable and well informed before embarking on this adventure. Before we started, I got a little nervous and forgot everything the guides told me in the introduction. They politely smiled, explained everything again, and gave me a push off the bridge before I could turn back. (of course I was securely fastened to the zip line.) I highly recommend this tour. This was my first time zip lining and now I will definitely do it again.
Be prepared to bring bug spray, water, good hiking shoes with traction and comfortable clothing. You will be climbing up and down, crossing bridges, and trekking through a foresty area with rocks, hills, plants etc…We completed 7 zip lines & bridges. After the 2nd or 3rd zip line, you really get the hang of things. This is a bit of a work out, especially for the upper body so try to be fairly in shape before you go. I suggest stretching before and after to get all the kinks out. Our group included older adults as well as children. After the experience, you will definitely be hungry. Enjoy the fresh food and a great mojito or two at the end of the tour. It was fun. Just do it!

Visited December 2012

Michigan
10 attraction reviews
“The highlight of our vacation!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We booked this activity independently from our cruise and it was the BEST part of our trip! We are a family of 5 (ages 9 to 45) who really wanted to zipline! We did the morning trip as our ship was scheduled to leave port at 1:30. A driver picked us up at the port and assured us that we would be back in time, and we were indeed. Our guides (Kym, Jorge & Jose) were fantastic and very knowledgable. We did 7 ziplines & 5 rope bridges, and some hiking. The views were spectacular, we couldn't get enough pictures! The guides pointed out all the sights--mountains, ocean, even a huge iguana in the tree tops we passed as we ziplined past! The last zipline ends in an outdoor restaurant/bar where our guides served us a yummy traditional Puerto Rican meal. We HIGHLY recommend Ecoquest Campo Rico Ziplining adventure!!!

Visited January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
“Great Ziplining Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our group of 7 (ages ranging from 13 to 48) enjoyed a great morning of ziplining. The guides were really easy going and competent. 7 ziplines, enough hiking over fossils to make it feel like you are in the middle of the forest and several rope bridges all add to the fun. A little challenging at first, but never stressful - just easy going fun! Views to the ocean from the tallest of the lines. Highly recommend the company and the guides!

Visited December 2012
Cape May, New Jersey
“THE BEST EVER!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We booked this excursion independently from the cruise line. It was a fantastic experience. Our guides, Laguardo and Kym were fantastic and showed the same kindness to the 60 yr old (me), as they did to the 6 yr old. We had a party of seven and none of us had ziplined before. Needless to say, there was some terror involved. Our booking was on Thanksgiving day and even though they had to work that day and had a delayed turkey dinner, they never give any indication that they weren't having the same fun that we were. It was, by far, the best portion of the cruise and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Because we booked directly, we got to take a kayak to the first bridge. The view is breathtaking, and any fear or apprehension we had at the beginning was soon gone. The last zip was into the Mohito Bar. They were the best I have ever had.!!! I hope to see you guys again!!!!!!

Visited November 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The best excursion guides and excellent customer service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The hotel we stayed at booked the wrong excursion for us however, it turned out for the best. It was closer and actually our first choice but was told that it was too late to book. When we arrived and explained the miscommunication, the owner was very welcoming and said that there was plenty of room for us. Our guides were hilarious, knowledgeable and super friendly. I would definitely recommend Ecoquest to anyone. Thanks for an awesome time!

Visited November 2012