“So much potential..” 3 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 6 sites
Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Del Valle Avenue 1829 | Levittown, San Juan 00949, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Cincinnati
“So much potential..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

An interesting experience. I made my reservations on Priceline and showed up perhaps 7:30p with my mother who is clearly older than I am. Or should be. We checked in and opened the room to find a single king-sized bed. No where was this mentioned during check-in. Back to the front desk where I was informed there would be a slight extra charge for a room with 2 beds. Not a [roblem. We took the elevator to the 2nd room which, we soon discovered, had been stayed in and not cleaned. We made our way to the front desk for the 3rd time and was given a 3rd room that, thankfully, included 2 beds and was clean except for the faint odor of stale urine in the bathroom. Nothing horrid but my acceptable level of urine odor in a hotel room is zero.

All was well until an alarm of some sort kept going off during the night. It would no sooner stop then it would start up again. I mentioned this to the font desk clerk at check out who told me, 'Oh, that was a car alarm. We don't have the keys and had no way of doing anything about it'. She hadn't even gotten the words out of her mouth when it went off again. Her co-worker casually walked past her, out the office door, opened the fire alarm panel and shut it off. So not only as there the disruption but I was blatantly lied to as to its source. Really bad form.

On the plus side, the breakfast was nice as was the room outside of the bathroom cleanliness issue. The actual facility was nice but the rough edges really need to be worked on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rachel J, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hi DigitalBob
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the bathroom issue and the alarm on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with House Keeping and their Supervisor to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. Regarding the alarm, It avtivates when a guest smokes in the room.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Dorado, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our stay was very pleasant. We enjoyed our room which was very comfortable and breakfast was very good, especially the waffles. The pool area is very inviting and the restaurant has a spectacular view. I will be back soon.

• Stayed September 2013
Rachel J, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hi GM Feliciano,

We are happy to know your stay was very pleasant. We strive for cleanliness and great performance. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be more pleasant than the previous one.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stay here because I was the Maid of honor of a wedding that took place there, at my arrival the service was great, always smiling and friendly, over all the front desk personnel service was Excellent they evend help me saving me my babys milk in their refrigirator, Love my room super clean and comfortable, and the view was awsome the housekeepers always smiling and available. At the wedding every thing was beautifull, organized and on time, we had a blast. The Breakfast was perfect my baby love the waffles and of course the pool was the best part for my 2 year old baby, it has the perfect size and a place for kids to enjoy in a safetly way. good Wifi conection, hot water and free parking and free excellent breakfast are big plus to this quiet and comfortable Hotel. I would definitely come back and recomend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hi Carla,
i'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure attending you and your family with the wedding and reservation. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.
Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Good personnel, good breakfast and good cleaning service. The bed was very comfortable to sleep in but not the sofa for the kids. The springs were easily felt and they complained that they could not sleep well.except for that, everything else was very good.

Room Tip: The sofa's mattress was very uncomfortable for the children..you could feel the springs. This wa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rachel J, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hi Denny,

Thank you so much for your review. We very much appreciate it. Hope to see you soon at our Hotel.
We are in the process of changing the sofa beds to improve our guest visits. Again Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I got married at the penthouse of the hotel the view its beautiful my wife always wanted to get married there and her wishes and mine came true! They treated us like kings the food gourmet they also gave us a honeymoon room with champagne and everything! Will definitely come back foranniversary !

• Stayed February 2013
Hi Steven,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are so happy to hear your satisfaction. We do our best to make you feel like a king. Hope to see you soon at our Hotel. We'll make sure your stay will be even better. Thanks again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Quiet, relaxing place..excellent personnel, great view in the morning, good breakfast and in the evenings excellent drinks in bar in front, clean rooms, hot water and cable, pool is excellent to enjoy with childrens.....Edwin Pantoja

• Stayed September 2013
Hi Edwin,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We appreciate your words. We hope to see you again soon at our Hotel. We garantee the same or better service to provide your satisfaction.
Portlaoise, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Checked in late evening, they could not find the booking in their system so i had to wait for 10 minutes. Apart from that it was a constant Spanish speaking in front of the English speaking guest, so until i started speaking Spanish i did not get the attention needed.
Fee for the room $138, but then they ask me for $100 fee in case of damages?! So i ask why is this needed, as there was nothing advertised on their site before hand. I get no explanation, i get the key and go to find my room and with two huge bags i get no help from nobody.
I get to the huge room facing the sea, noise and smell everywhere, including a constant vacuum cleaner kind of noise through out the night.
Woke up and then breakfast...no selection really, so i concluded this was not the place i wanted to return not even if its needed.

Room Tip: I had a corner room and it was very bad!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Rachel J, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Hi Elena:
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn & Suites.
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your Arrival and room issues on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with Front Desk and House Keeping to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Levittown.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!