“Older facility but adequate” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Del Valle Avenue 1829 | Levittown, San Juan 00949, Puerto Rico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
“Older facility but adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We decided to stay here after our cruise, thinking it was close to the international airport (write-up said an 18-minute drive). It was okay. The room was clean and comfortable, but the wireless internet wasn't working (I wanted to check in for our flight the next morning). Also, there aren't many places near here to eat. There are a couple of places across the street, but when we checked them out, they didn't meet our needs. Also, the breakfast was not ready at the start time the day of our departure; there wasn't even coffee. Also, the room had been prepaid, but when we checked out, they wanted to charge an additional $9 for "other" taxes. The drive to the airport was not the 18 minutes stated. The front desk personnel told us it could take up to three hours because of Monday-morning traffic, but that wasn't the case either. We got to the airport in a little more than an hour.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brenda B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 17, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I wanted to find a place to stay with my family and of course near the beach. This place was perfect!!. With a pool for the kids to be entertained. This is the place for me when i come to PR. Love it!!

• Stayed March 2013
Rachel J, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you Rachel for your kind words. Hope to have the pleasure of seeing you at our Hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel, quiet area, good to be relax Prefer this location over others because of the peace of mind. Great accommodation, and the services have been better than other hotels in the area..........…... I realy recomend you visit this location

• Stayed June 2013
Brenda B, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 15, 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Ok! So I decided to turn in my reward points for lower price per nite. Once I arrived! the front desk personel couldn't understand the point system and price difference and wanted to charge full price per night. After speaking to the hotel manager she said I have to pay full price so I then called the reward center and they then called the hotel and explained that I didn't have to pay the full price. done! In the mean while they kept puting me aside while waiting on other people, then the hotel manager left for the night, I get home and checked my statement I was charged for two nights refunded one night and still waiting pending refund. there is difinitely a language barrier!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the bottom floor it is very noisey! parking on overflow lot, biker bar across the...
Tequesta, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here for three days june 4-7 as we had a sick relative in a hospital in Bayamon and this was the closest place with a vacancy. When we landed we went straight to the hospital and I called the hotel and they said no problem you have till midnight to check in. Great view of the bay and you can see El Morro and Old San Juan lights at night. Great restaurant across the street where there was a shrimp festival and everything was half place. The place was not perfect..no dresser in room and bathroom small. Free breakfast nice including a waffle machine. Not a tough neighborhood at all. Great bakery four blocks away called Lemys. Not far from Salinas Beach where we did go due to time. Also a short drive to Catano ferry where you can go to Old San Juan for fifty cents. Can't beat that. Pool was clean also.Hotel restaurant not open the days we were there.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

This place is shady at best
Tough neighborhood and run down outward appearance
Beach is covered with garbage
First room had someone in it
Had to wait one hour for a other room
Requested and received free dinner for inconvenience
2nd Room was ok with dirt on walls
Two people came to our door with keys from prior night...sounds like they gave away their room to us
Car alarms were going off all night in neighborhood. One night was enough.

We left two nights early and stayed at a Hampton Inn in San Juan.

Stay away from this place.... Nothing was right there

• Stayed June 2013
Brenda B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 11, 2013

Sunrise, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

On May 11, 2013, I made a reservation for the Hotel Comfort Inn at San Juan, Puerto Rico. I was traveling to attend to the funerals of a relative (I was born in Puerto Rico and have family there). I made the reservation through AARP/Expedia and got the Confirmation Code: 86272328 from May 24th to May 25th. The day of the trip, I called to the hotel to confirm the reservation from the FT. Lauderdale airport. When I spoke the hotel's front desk person, I announced her that I was under way and she confirmed me that everything was in order. My husband is undergoing a medical treatment and requires to get a shot every Friday at bedtime, so it was a relief for me that everything at the hotel appeared to be in order. Sadly, the story was the opposite. First, when we arrived to the parking of the hotel to get to the reception, there was not a free parking spot available. In the vicinity of the hotel, there are different places to drink, restaurants and of other social activities and looks like all this people parks in the hotel parking without restriction. Therefore, my husband had to stay at the car while I was doing the check-in at the hotel. I gave the copy of the reservation to the front desk lady (the Manager was next to her). I noticed that the two women were doing gestures while looking to the computer so I asked if there was some problems with my reservation. Their answer was that I had no room...they sold all the rooms for the weekend. I explained that I made the reservation two weeks ahead and that I confirmed the reservation that afternoon and was told that everything was fine. They told me back that I had no room at the Comfort Inn. In its place,they offered me a room in a hotel accross the street, named "Hotel Campomar". Being a native from there, I knew this other option, was unacceptable( Hotel Campomar is very old, dirty and smelly). So, I declined the offer. It was 11:00pm and these people were unable to help me. I called to Expedia and the concierge lady (Melissa) helped me to made a last minute reservation in another place, which was not my first option. This is a very irresponsible, unprofessional and incompetent hotel management. Stay away!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!