“Tourist trap” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #73 of 639 Restaurants in San Juan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Elmwood Park, IL
“Tourist trap”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

A 15℅ tip is automatically added to the balance due, unlike every other restaurants we went to in San Juan. Food is just okay, but overpriced.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Incline Village, NV
“Perfect place to stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Another restaurant one of the commonly owned restaurants around Plaza Colon. We went in for drinks and snacks. A perfect spot.

Visited December 2012
Boise, Idaho
“Excellent service; Food Ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Another restaurant with excellent service.

I ordered the salted cod and calamari, unfortunately the salted cod is too salty (tasted more like salt than cod). The server (Emmanuel) offered (instead of me asking) to exchange it for something else. So i got the chicken empanada- great choice. I also had my 2nd calamari of the day. It was good, not great compared to the calamari I had during lunch (at Al Dente).

Overall, I'll go back when I'm in old san juan and try other food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cinque Terre, Italy
“great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Our server, whose name I believe was Pablo, was excellent. I have a life threatening seafood allergy, and eating out can sometimes be a challenge, especially in places with lots of fish everywhere (which makes sense in islands, I know). Having said that, he was incredibly helpful with the menu and even had the kitchen specially prepare an appetizer I was eyeing so it wasn't fried in the same oil as the shellfish. This was one of the best restaurants I've been to in terms of this attention to detail and care about people with allergies. Thank you!
We had tapas, which was good, and sangria, which was better. The small pitcher was more then enough for us, and in addition, the spicy margarita on the menu was also great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
florida
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

We walked by this place several times and decided to stop last night and really glad we did. Great little place sat outside with all the beautiful lights. Ordered the tapas and they are great. Worth a visit for sure.