Overall good experience. No issues with food. Citrus fruits on buffet were great. Good overall selection at buffet. A la Cartes were very good. Service, aside from front desk, was very good. View from our gold level room was great and the room itself was very adequate. Pools were very good with lots of chairs in area of new construction. Grounds were beutiful. The grounds crew never stops!
They could use more working ice machines, Beaches were good. The beach that was a bit more pebbly was nice to have when the wind was blowing so we didnt get sandblasted. Sun was HOT HOT HOT. Snorkel excursion was fun but staff shouldnt be so aggressive when dropping hints about wanting to be tipped.
Slightly disappointed that the only beer on the all inclusive menu was red stripe draught. Also their mixed drinks ie. margaritas could use some work. We werent there to party so no biggie there.
Tour to Dunns river and ocho rios was very good but vendors in Ocho were very pushy. Out tourguide provided plenty of local history to keep things interesting.
Played a couple rounds of golf at the Breezes resort. They had a great promo on. The course was average. My playing caddy, John, was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 8 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 850 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay